Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th November 2016, 18:43   #11
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I have been getting the same rubbish from every dealer with an auto ZT. Misadvertized cars with fsh that turns into a couple of stamps, and when I point it out they get antzy!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 22:08   #12
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

P'raps I was lucky with mine. Bought from a dealer unseen, no service history excepts belts 8 years back, body sound though evidence of a repair down one side. Two years later and just a rear spring and slow speed fan resistor - I've no complaints. However, it would seem prudent to check the structure of the body very carefully, as this will be the killer: it would seem that all other issues can now be fixed with the info available here though I appreciate that those without any mechanical aptitude may suffer, but then they would with any modern car too.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 19:35   #13
Eddy600
Loves to post

Rover, MG

No issue with the mechanical side of cars upon buying my diesel that had a recent clutch change the slave cylinder then decided to die and i managed to do that on the driveway with the helpful guide on this forum, but when a car dealer gets aggressive infront of my partner and 1 year old son when he receives an offer he doesn't like on a car he misrepresented he's quite lucky I was in a good mood life goes on I will wait for the next car to come along, I'm obsessed with looking much to the dislike of the other half.
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 08:41   #14
MDW
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 180+ Sports Auto SE

Smile

Just wanted to update this thread...

I bought this car! I actually found the dealer easy to do business with. The car had a lot more history with it once I went through the sheaf of papers in the glove box. It has every MOT, receipts for work or parts in all years since 2007 and was one owner from 2005 - 16, who bought it from MG Rover, where it had been a press car (it has the Press Garage stamp in the service book). It would seem the 62k miles are genuine.

I looked at the car twice and the dealer gave me plenty of time and two test drives. He is a ZT enthusiast and has several at the moment, mostly saloons. It is obviously a smallish outfit and I approached it as such

I think I was able to negotiate a reasonable deal for the car, taking into account that it does need some work doing to it. I suspect he paid a little more for it at auction than he should have done, but I am comfortable with the price I paid. The cam belts look like they have a 2012 date on, but I will be changing them anyway so I know for certain they've been done. M&G in Bradford will be doing this and for well under the £5-600 quoted earlier on.

It is a lovely car to drive and once I've sorted the various little jobs which need doing, should be a keeper..

I just wanted to put another side to the story, as my dealings with Motors4you were quite different from those of the earlier posting.
MDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 08:49   #15
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Ah ... MG rover Bradford - music to my ears. Great guys and know our cars inside out. Both the guys own and run them. If you are in that area they are highly recommended.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 13:48   #16
Eddy600
Loves to post

Rover, MG

Glad someone had bought it who is going to appreciate it, calling the dealer an enthusiast might be a stretch he seemed clueless when I spoke with him, if you don't mind me asking what you paid in the end pm if you prefer, i ended up buying a conne se diesel 75 tourer instead bit of a project but I paid a fraction of the price what I was going to pay for the ztt so all is well.
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 14:41   #17
MDW
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 180+ Sports Auto SE

I got hundreds rather than thousands off, but it was much nearer 2 than 3k. I may have paid a little bit over, but it looks a genuine car and I was keen to get back into a ZTT after my 75 Tourer I'd had in the past. I guess I'll find out if it's a lemon or not, but I know my way around them a bit and am not afraid of a bit of graft on it. I bet you love your CDT, mine was great and lovely to cruise long distances.

By enthusiast, I mean he likes them.. He's not a mechanic, but he appreciates the engineering and certainly how they drive. The other ZTT he had in had some sort of sports exhaust on it, sounded fantastic and only 59k miles with history. Peeling paint on front bumper though and I preferred the Auto with the extra toys.

2004 MG ZT-T 180+ Sports Auto SE
1964 MGB Roadster

Former owner of:
2002 Rover 75 Tourer CDT, used by Rover for Commonwealth Games.
1984 Rover SD1 2300S

Gone but not forgotten..
MDW is offline   Reply With Quote