Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th March 2010, 18:32   #11
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Hiya Dave, sorry to hear you get a lot of pain, no one should have to put up with that, so go have the op. Life's too short to live in pain and discomfort...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 22:09   #12
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I live with a Pain...does that count?

Sorry Dave, not nice being in pain.
Hope you make a swift and healthy recovery.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 06:51   #13
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

My wife Yve has had hers out about 3 years ago.

She was in a lot of pain. Once due to it I took her to A&E and they nearly admitted her then for an emergency operation.

She had it out via keyhole - and lucky they did not have to open her more - it had fused itself to the liver and they had to cut it away. It was probably this that caused a fair amount of time to be taken in recovering.

She still has problems that seem to be relieved by tablets. She now finds that she cannot eat late as that affects her and has drastically cut down on alcohol to the point of being virtually tee total.

With all the negative points of now they are nothing compared to the pain she was in.

Talking to other people her current problems seem to be not the norm.

Have it removed and I am sure that you will feel far better.

Unfortunately for you lot, we are now stuck behind a broken train. We'll be here for quite a while but I don't care, I'm now on overtime.
London tube train announcement
moonstoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 07:42   #14
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

Good recovery wishes Dave.
I had kidney stones few years back. I know it's not the same, but the pain was atrocious (like a knife stab in back) until I had them removed.
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 12:20   #15
Departed
Retired

--

Mrs Lowedb had it done last year, after being taken to A&E this time last year with pancreatitis caused by one of the stones moving. That was not pleasant!

It had taken over three years to get the diagnosis, the first time she had the pain assosciated with stones / pancreatitis, we went to A&E and got nowhere. But then it was Stafford hospital, and the receptionist was doing triage at the time! GP was no help either.

She's much happier now than before she had the op. Also done through keyhole, and no complications. It's funny someone said their OH has reduced alchohol, Mrs Lowedb has done as well, though we hadn't related that to the op, just she doesn't fancy it so often.

From how she was before with the pain and so on, and how she is a year on, I'd say get it done. I'll ask her to see if she agrees, but I think she would.

A colleague at work spoke to me at length about it, as he'd just had his done when we found out that Mrs Lowedb was to have the Op. He'd put it off due to work commitments, and when he did get it done, it was a good job. The gall bladder had swollen and stuck to the Liver which made the Op much harder. The consultant also said, its a good job you haven't flown anywhere, it would have ruptured. Thing is he'd put it off because he was flying to Germany and Back every week for months.....

Edit: thought this was familiar.

I remember you had pain a while back, and I said it sounded like what Mrs Lowedb had had. Should have wired you up to a T4 to check.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...houlder&page=3

Last edited by Departed; 29th March 2010 at 12:30..
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 15:40   #16
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstoneboy View Post
She still has problems that seem to be relieved by tablets. She now finds that she cannot eat late as that affects her and has drastically cut down on alcohol to the point of being virtually tee total.

With all the negative points of now they are nothing compared to the pain she was in.

Talking to other people her current problems seem to be not the norm.

Have it removed and I am sure that you will feel far better.
Having mine out was the best thing I ever did. And from my experience, and that of my daughter who had hers out in her 20's, the problems referred to above are not the norm.

The pain, to those lucky enough not to have experienced it, is unbelievable. Just imaginre the worst abdominal pain you've had, and double it.

Go for it David, and look forward to a pain-free future (unless like me you have pancreatitis a year later, and kidney stones a further year later, both with similar pains.........................)

malcolm
Old 29th March 2010, 19:32   #17
Departed
Retired

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlin View Post
Having mine out was the best thing I ever did. And from my experience, and that of my daughter who had hers out in her 20's, the problems referred to above are not the norm.
Mrs Lowedb agrees 100% with this. If you live with the pain, you don't know if something really bad is going on.

Quote:
The pain, to those lucky enough not to have experienced it, is unbelievable. Just imaginre the worst abdominal pain you've had, and double it.
Didn't experience it myself but saw it in action. Not nice when the Biliary Colic strikes.

Quote:
Go for it David, and look forward to a pain-free future (unless like me you have pancreatitis a year later, and kidney stones a further year later, both with similar pains.........................)

malcolm
From all I've found about it I'd say the same. If you don't get it done, it can become worse and be a killer. If it turns to Pancreatitis it can be way worse than you realise and the symptoms not be any worse.

Last edited by Departed; 29th March 2010 at 21:29..
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 20:12   #18
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

Hi Stocktake-(Mrs Moonstoneboy) Pester your doctor to get into hosp as soon as poss. The pain will only get worse (sorry).Even fat free diet and no alcohol stopped working after a time (i was just eating white rice and mash potato!!) Keyhole surgery was fine and the pain stopped as soon as i had the op- back to work within two weeks -no more pain (i`m a real coward but would recommend the op to anyone- it was really no problem- 3 x 1inch cuts which healed within a week- Mr Moonstoneboy has worse cuts servicing the 75!! ) Dont wait too long as an infected gall-bladder can fuse itself to the liver or other `bits`or rupture which will make the op more difficult.
Mrs Moonstoneboy

Unfortunately for you lot, we are now stuck behind a broken train. We'll be here for quite a while but I don't care, I'm now on overtime.
London tube train announcement

Last edited by moonstoneboy; 31st March 2010 at 05:17..
moonstoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 17:18   #19
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Thanks to everybody who has given advice and shared their experiences on this, either on open forum of by PM Latest episode of pain saw me at my GP's Mon 9am admitted to hospital by 9:30 then shall we say one or two blood tests.

Upshot of it all is that all the important thing like liver etc are fine but the inflamitory markers are up indicating an infection in the gall bladder. It appears there are two school's of thought on this now with some surgeons removing an inflamed GB and others waiting until the infection/inflammation has subsided. either way I have decided it's days are numbered. So 24hrs of antibiotics later i am, for the time being pain free

consultant recons 4 to 6 weeks to schedule the keyhole op.

Thanks again for all the support

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 30th March 2010 at 17:25..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 17:22   #20
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
coinsultant recons 4 to 6 weeks to schedule the keyhole op.
Judging by all the responses to this thread it seems to be the latest must have mod.

Good luck with it.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote