Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th February 2007, 10:48   #11
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

If my kids did that, the first thing I'd do wouldn't be to take a photo! (assuming I knew where the camera was).
Obviously this is a set up. The lad's smile is one giveaway. He's old enough to know right from wrong and he's clearly not worried. The spoon doesn't seem to have any paint on it at all, so that's not the blunt instrument used on the can. The large stick by the toddler looks like it was used to stir up the paint. Problem with that is it's too big for these kids to use. In fact the handle on the stick is clean, so the stirring wasn't done by the kids. It was stirred and probably spilled by someone with clean hands, someone who needed to operate a camera. So, we're looking for a third person, or persons, unknown. Also, is the telly actually switched on, or is that a stick-on screen to make us think it's on? Why is the glass table virtually unscathed? Obviously placed there after the event. The curtain has been carefully arranged to cover the electric clock, indicating that this 'crime' was probably arranged after 7PM, their usual bedtime. The surfaces of the floor and furniture are both paint-resistant, easy clean type. This confirms that this scene has been carefully planned to minimse effort, something kids just don't do. In short, this event has insufficient evidence to invoke the 'F' word.

Morse
Old 19th February 2007, 11:43   #12
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Not sure your logic stacks up Morse.

The 'stick' is in fact the tube off the vacuum cleaner, which is covered in paint specks even though it looks like an expensive model (e.g. a Dyson).

The television is indisputably covered in paint, regardless of whether it's switched on or not. The dog in the shot suggests that Crufts is on air, leading us to conclude that the TV is indeed turned on and tuned in to BBC1.

In any case, why would the owners of the vacuum cleaner and television spoil said objects by chucking paint (or some other white substance) all over them?

The spoon is completely irrelevant since we do not know that it is supposed to be the tool that opened the paint tin.

However, I must admit the way the curtain is conveniently draped over the clock (if it is a clock) is somewhat odd.

Barnaby

Last edited by Simon W; 19th February 2007 at 12:15..
Old 19th February 2007, 12:20   #13
Tom Collins
Posted a thing or two

Mondeo 2.0 cdti Ghia Auto

This is annoying, I can never see these pictures on my work pc, so have to wait until I get home.
By the way, it was my car that got emulsified with 4 litres of paint on Friday, and I'm still not over it.
Old 19th February 2007, 13:16   #14
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

It was posted as a bit of fun anyway. Just look at it for what you would think walking in on that, and Collit above knows how easy a can of paint can open!
Old 19th February 2007, 16:17   #15
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
Not sure your logic stacks up Morse.

The 'stick' is in fact the tube off the vacuum cleaner, which is covered in paint specks even though it looks like an expensive model (e.g. a Dyson).

The television is indisputably covered in paint, regardless of whether it's switched on or not. The dog in the shot suggests that Crufts is on air, leading us to conclude that the TV is indeed turned on and tuned in to BBC1.

In any case, why would the owners of the vacuum cleaner and television spoil said objects by chucking paint (or some other white substance) all over them?

The spoon is completely irrelevant since we do not know that it is supposed to be the tool that opened the paint tin.

However, I must admit the way the curtain is conveniently draped over the clock (if it is a clock) is somewhat odd.

Barnaby

Hmmm Barnaby,
I think it's definitely a stick or maybe a broom handle. Compare its diameter with the toddler's feet. Your alledged vac tube is only an inch or so (maybe less) in diameter. The standard hose supplied with a Dyson is 1.7 inches wide, thus making this 'tube' an impossible attachment.

Morse
Old 19th February 2007, 16:35   #16
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

It is a mop or broom handle by the smaller childs feet, but lets also take into consideration that if you look where the curtain would normally hang looks to be a window, and it appears to be dusk outside, or possibly dawn, that I'm afraid we can't be certain on. However, it is not crufts on the TV, it looks to be a program like Sesame Street, as that looks like Snuffleupagus!

Being a parent, I wouldn't have put it past the two little darlings to have done it without any pre-empting from a third party, and the eldest is looking pleased with himself as he thinks he's done such a wonderful job.

So in conclusion, yes they did it, guilty as charged.

LEWIS
Old 19th February 2007, 17:15   #17
Timbo.P6
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR T SE WITH MISSING SATNAV ROVER P6 2000 SC

thats rainbow on the tv,as the picture is of bungle
Old 19th February 2007, 18:14   #18
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

After further investigation by SWAMBO I can catagorically say that it is NOT Rainbow, and neither is it Sesame Street as I first thought. It is however Bear In The Big Blue House, which is on Playhouse Disney each evening at 6:13 so would explain it being dusk.
Bears checked tablecloth gave it away

Old 19th February 2007, 18:36   #19
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

You know Lewis, something's been worrying me about this photo, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Yes, it does look like the kids may have been up to their usual tricks. Yes, it could be a stage managed set up for YouTube, but somethings not right. Who in their right mind would allow their kids to cover themselves in brilliant white emusion? It is after all a chemical concoction of water, oils, pigments and emulsifiers. Remember your forensics Lewis? Remember when they did all about emulsion paint, the do's and do nots. And wouldn't it be quite dangerous to actually cover your kids in it? Remember Goldfinger, Lewis?..everybody knows paint's a killer. So, what else could this be hiding? ...And then had it!

That's not emulsion paint Lewis, it's body paint! And that fact puts everything into crystal clear focus. There's a minor crime of passion behind all this Lewis, it's staring you in the face man! Let's look at the evidence.
The leather setee. The nearby table, hardly marked. The tv still on, despite the 'paint'. The hidden clock, but it's dark outside. The bare floor. And the vacuum cleaner, Lewis. It all points to a creme passionelle...something involving body paint.

Come on, we've all been there haven't we! A few drinks around midnight.. it's the weekend...Crufts on Saturday showing on Beeb 2...so far so good...then something gets a bit out of hand....gets a bit noisy...the Dyson hose doesn't fit properly...more noise...more panic...then someone kicks the can...body paint gets spilled...what to do now?... So - turn up the telly full blast for when the nosey neighbours come around. You know how it is. And then what...? Blame it on the kids of course. They're awake anyway...noisy enough...so, let 'em have some fun with the paint....spread it around a bit, so when the nosy Parkers arrive you can show 'em all this. Simple!
What's that you say Lewis?

Morse

Last edited by T-Cut; 19th February 2007 at 18:40..
Old 19th February 2007, 19:11   #20
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

Poppycock Sir!

If it's not white emulsion, then it's cornstarch, nice and easy to clean up after, and with the right amount can be made to look like paint.

SIR

LEWIS
Closed Thread