Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th May 2007, 23:51   #11
MartinW

MG TF LE500

Thanks, John. I'll keep that in mind. Is that the going price for the M/C?
MartinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 15:45   #12
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Its cheaper than XPart but if thats out of Stock with them, not sure of other suppliers at present, unless you ring around.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 11:44   #13
klm squared
Regular poster

Hi
The clutch just went suddenly. I had no early warnings about it going.
I have replaced the M/C and guess what. It improved for a day but has now gone to exactly the same again.
I have spoken with the local Garage and they suggest bleeding it manually. I did bleed it with an Easy bleed set but they suggest that this may not work due to the "condom "in the M/C.
If you need a M/C. I believe there is one for sale on Ebay . Last time I looked it was 25.00. Either that or Rimmers were really useful and gave me a supplier in Merseyside who Data posted it to me next day. £182.00
Going to try manually bleeding on Sunday. After that I fear it's the Slave.......and about £350.00
Hope this helps.
klm squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 19:27   #14
MartinW

MG TF LE500

Right, got mine back last night! The garage in Edinburgh did a good job and they mentioned the new clutch plate was different but so far so good and pedal much lighter.

That said, I expect the M/C to give up soon - I have been warned that with one new cylinder in place it puts strain on the other.

It is possible to see the fluid coming out of the clutch housing when the slave has gone. That said a new slave, plate and cover came to >£300 (genuine MG R parts) and the labour was £200 at 5 hrs.

Unfortunately whilst my clutch plate was remarkably unworn (I try not to sit on the clutch in traffic) with a good many miles left in it, it had to be replaced because of contamination from the fluid.
MartinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 07:31   #15
klm squared
Regular poster

Im glad you are sorted Martin.

I just Bled mine out over the weekend and got a load of what looks like GREY FLUFF in the fluid. Any suggetsions as to what that might be. The clutch came back up for about three hours. Now has gone again.
I don't see any oil spots on the drive so am puzzled as to whether or not the slave has gone.I checked the old M/C that I took off and it seems to be ok??
klm squared is offline   Reply With Quote