Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2014, 11:50   #11
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile

Alan, Thanks for the reply, the games were lost in December when I bought my new pc. The games I had were lost and I had no reply from Steam so I had to buy them again. Since then I have bought many more pinball games from Pinball Arcade and FX2 and I am adding to them monthly so I wanted to back them to a memory stick as the Steam backup goes to about 90 per cent and then stops saying the folder already exists. It can't exist as I cannot get the backup to work. John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2014, 12:49   #12
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

This is from the steam website -

Note:

Many games that use third party installers or downloaders will not work with Steam's backup feature. This includes many MMO style or third party free to play titles. Only games that completely download, install, and patch through Steam are compatible with this tool.

However you can -

1. Go to your \steamapps\ folder (by default, this folder is located at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps or on 64-bit systems, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps)
  2. Locate any .ncf files for the game.
  3. Locate this game's folder in the \common\ folder.
  4. Copy all of the .ncf files and the game folder to a disc or available hard drive for reinstallation
  5. For future installations, copy these files and folders to your new Steam installation. Make sure to place it back in the proper folder (\steamapps\ for .ncf files and \common\ for game folders).
  6. Re-start Steam and you may see a small download to confirm the newly identified install.

Hope this helps. Are you using the same steam account as your original computer? As I said, when I log in on another computer I can download all my games through steam although I don't get the saved games without copying them from the original HD unless they are saved on the steam cloud.
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 20:30   #13
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Hi Alan, Sorry for the delay replying, I have printed out the advice and will keep it safe in case another problem arise. Once again, thanks to Alan and the other members. John.
Old 21st March 2014, 20:32   #14
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

:Hi Alan, Sorry for the delay replying, I have printed out the advice and will keep it safe in case another problem arise. Once again, thanks to Alan and the other members. John.