Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2014, 10:22   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliewarwick View Post
The battery seems fine however, I haven't checked the load. But I haven't had any problems from the battery, lights don't seem dull. I've also tried to jump start which was unsuccessful which make me think solenoid or connection now.

There is no flashing of lights at all, I'm assuming you're referring to dash lights?

clf, thanks for your post. Seems like you had a bit of a nightmare getting yours off. Do you remember the sizes?

I won't be able to look at it until the weekend, but as the repair kit is so cheap, I think it makes sense to get one, remove the starter, clean connections and have the kit just in case. The car has covered 150k so the starter has done its job for a while.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks,
Ollie
it was a pain trying to find the bolt beside the gearbox, but with the direction and help from FrenchMike and others, I did manage to get it. I do not rem the sizes, though someone will be along with them I am sure. if not, I seem to recall them mentioned in another post. if you search for starter sizes, may help. am on my phone at the minute so can't assist with it I am afraid. a basic socket set will be all you will need though. 10, 13, and 15 mm I think. if you had a long extension car for it will help.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 13:05   #12
rgtly
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+ 190

My ZT did this a while back. Turned out to be the connector on the cable that runs between the battery and starter motor. The connector at the starter motor end had snapped in half!! New connector popped on at a local motor factors and all good since
rgtly is offline   Reply With Quote