Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st March 2016, 11:41   #11
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Good luck with the operation Trevor, I'm sure everything will work out for the best.

As Bob said, if I lived closer I would sure pop round and help you out.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2016, 15:20   #12
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Good luck Trevor!! Hopefully your daughters will be able to help out. I would if I could but I having 3 kids curtails what I can do. Will be thinking of you xx
Old 21st March 2016, 15:32   #13
davel22
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer press car and 1999 saloon

Default best wishes

I had a triple by pass last May , and you may find it takes a good while to recover fully , but stick with it and you will get there in the end sorry no where near you so can not help with transport Dave
davel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2016, 18:07   #14
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi Guys & Gal!!
Thank you all for your support and kind words . Since I've been told today I'm shaky and a bit worked up but I suppose its natural.
Quite a few things to attend to over the next few days so I'll not be around this week much.
Hopefully I can get onto the net a couple of days after the op and keep you all updated
Old 21st March 2016, 18:49   #15
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Hi bud,

I hope all goes well with the pre op & the op itself.
Once it's all over you'll feel all the better for it bud.
I think anyone of us going through this would be nervous & worked up.
Old 21st March 2016, 19:23   #16
Phil63
Posted a thing or two

04 75 tourer cdt auto. Two tone grey. X-Power over Tempest. 04 75 V8 Chatsworth Bronze..

Best of luck Trevor. I'm the wrong end of the country to help too I'm afraid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Phil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2016, 19:35   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Wishing you all the best Trevor, but surely one of your offspring can take an hour or so off work and run your wife in to see you? Its not like its just a day case.
Old 22nd March 2016, 01:34   #18
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi Guys & Gal!!
Thank you all for your support and kind words . Since I've been told today I'm shaky and a bit worked up but I suppose its natural.
Quite a few things to attend to over the next few days so I'll not be around this week much.
Hopefully I can get onto the net a couple of days after the op and keep you all updated
Good morning Trevor

It's normal to be nervous about the operation. It should help you to know that will be receiving the best of care, your life will be good hands. As you know I had the big op on 9 December. In the anesthesia room, everyone was so friendly and smiling, it was like we were having a party. The anesthetist gave me a quick acting sedative - a spray into the mask which I had to breathe in. All that fear suddenly disappeared. The surgeon rang Jessica at home that evening to tell her "everything was okay and not to visit until I was off life support, to leave it until the following evening".

Apart from Jessica, my family in Devizes could not visit, a journey of 100 miles each way. They all work. Certain club members promised to visit but could not because of car trouble. We all know how reliable a Rover 75 is

What kept me cheerful during the dark hours, was this club! reading the many messages of support and good wishes, which members posted up, plus phone calls, but you won't feel like chatting to anyone much until a few days after the op.

A life changing operation for you Trevor. Things can only get better Since arriving back in Africa, Jessica tells me that my stamina has improved. I still get tired very easily but I do feel I am on the mend. A cardiologist visit last week, gave me the all clear. A fantastic feeling, something I wish the same for Ann and your good self, God bless. Positive thoughts from Jessica and I
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 02:33   #19
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi Guys & Gal!!
I've had quite a few operations in my time and had my experiences, but pre-op nerves are quite normal. A bypass graft is pretty routine stuff to your doctors and everything will be good for you don't worry to much. I've had surgery in my head (nose and ears), abdomen hernias and a hydroseal, I still get nerves going for any operation now as is I don't like the whole anstretic thing.
Old 22nd March 2016, 04:50   #20
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

All the very best Trevor.
Remember to take your cell phone, don`t use those hospital over-bed phones they cost a fortune per minute.
Best wishes.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote