Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th May 2024, 21:16   #11
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Olli.To be honest, I would not buy the car you show in the pictures. To much rust in places that the mot will fail..............guaranteed under the German mot system. As you say, much stricter than GB mot. I will have a look in the cars for sale on here for you, and then you can make your mind up on whether it would pay you to come over to see what is on offer. You could pay the £10 to be a total club member, and have a look yourself. Your choice obviously.
Old 10th May 2024, 09:30   #12
JagDriver

None yet

Hi,

thanks or you offer, but I'd like to have a LHD car, so it doesn't make much sense to look for one in the UK. I already spotted behind the borders (Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, France) but there is nothing for sale at the moment that looks like it could be a better deal.

As I mentioned the seller offered to sell it with MOT for a reasonable extra charge, but I doubt he has ever looked below the car. I guess once he does, he will either recall his offer or the result will be botch causing me more effort to undo than it would have been to do it right from the beginning. So I guess I have to accept that it would be the most reasonable thing to run away from this one as well.

Oliver

Last edited by JagDriver; 10th May 2024 at 09:37..
JagDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2024, 10:42   #13
JagDriver

None yet

I found an interesting one in Lyon, France, but that is almost 700km away from here. It looks nice on the pics but they actually don't tell a lot. And according to my experience french people are not very keen on making business with foreigners, especially not Germans.

And the timing belt is from 2019, that would mean, if am informed correctly, it would be due next year because of the 6 year interval.
JagDriver is offline   Reply With Quote