Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th June 2012, 16:30   #11
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post
Mine is coming on move than ever now and staying on for longer each time. I'm sure it's still something loose cos going over speed bumps def trigger it BUT i haven't got a clue what happens under the bonnet so will have to live it for now.
Have you got the synergy switched on? I never seen it when I had the car. Have you hadn't t4d?
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 19:05   #12
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswood View Post
Have you got the synergy switched on? I never seen it when I had the car. Have you hadn't t4d?

Yes, synergy is permanently switched on. I got one of those OBD scanners but it doesn't stay on long enough to register! It comes on for 3/4 secs at a time, at first it was a split second. Airbag light is also on now, and the reverse sensors are also permanently on (when reverse is selected of course). The boot switch is rocking and rolling, might just need some WD40, I'm a jinx! Oh and the ipod has stopped charging my ipod.....that just happened today. Honestly, I think I am a jinx.
Old 16th June 2012, 19:10   #13
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

I would take a bet that you have the same problem as Chartermark had with a corroded connector twixt synergy and the rest of the wiring system.....have a wee look on t'other side Anna at Martin's thread on the topic.

Sorry op! I reckon your problem is also connector related!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 19:13   #14
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
I would take a bet that you have the same problem as Chartermark had with a corroded connector twixt synergy and the rest of the wiring system.....have a wee look on t'other side Anna at Martin's thread on the topic.

Sorry op! I reckon your problem is also connector related!
What's does twixt mean? Is this something you reckon I could fix? Could it be fixed at th roadside/driveway?
Old 16th June 2012, 22:54   #15
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Yes, synergy is permanently switched on. I got one of those OBD scanners but it doesn't stay on long enough to register! It comes on for 3/4 secs at a time, at first it was a split second. Airbag light is also on now, and the reverse sensors are also permanently on (when reverse is selected of course). The boot switch is rocking and rolling, might just need some WD40, I'm a jinx! Oh and the ipod has stopped charging my ipod.....that just happened today. Honestly, I think I am a jinx.

Crikey.

Airbag light will be the connectors under the drivers seat. You will see some black tape under the centre, make sure they are connected.

Boot switch? Not sure what you mean.

Reverse sensors. Take everything out of the boot including carpet. Switch ignition on, put in reverse. You should hear a click in each sensor, just out your ear to the bumper. The one that doesn't click needs replaced.

iPod- no idea
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 23:11   #16
Fatman
Avid contributor

2003 ZT+190 in Bacchus Supertallic

Quote:
Do you have a android phone or tablet and a BT odb unit?

Torque pro allows you to reset any fault codes, you can then set it up to record a journey (including video) recording all the data for later analysis, you could then see if there is a common denominator
Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 08:36   #17
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswood View Post
Crikey.

Airbag light will be the connectors under the drivers seat. You will see some black tape under the centre, make sure they are connected.

Boot switch? Not sure what you mean.

Reverse sensors. Take everything out of the boot including carpet. Switch ignition on, put in reverse. You should hear a click in each sensor, just out your ear to the bumper. The one that doesn't click needs replaced.

iPod- no idea
The boot switch is making a noise like a machine gun, it's probably never been used as much, I'm getting a buggy in and out several times a week. It probably just needs oiled.

Have done the thing with the revcerse sensors and they're all clicking so God only knows what's going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
Do you have a android phone or tablet and a BT odb unit?

Torque pro allows you to reset any fault codes, you can then set it up to record a journey (including video) recording all the data for later analysis, you could then see if there is a common denominator
I have an android phone and I have an OBDII scanner, is that what you mean?
Old 17th June 2012, 08:48   #18
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

For the machine gun fix you just need to unscrew the boot bump stop rubbers out a tad on each side.

Mike
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 09:04   #19
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
For the machine gun fix you just need to unscrew the boot bump stop rubbers out a tad on each side.

Mike
Wot 'e said!

The reversing sensors made just need cleaning, because if they have dirt/polish in them, it will give you the same effect!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 09:17   #20
jaygee
Avid contributor

Jaguar XJ6 SE.3.0 x350 also a Mitsubishi Outlander 04 reg 2.4 sport 4x4 in silver...

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld07 View Post
The check engine light on my diesel conny has started to come on. It stays on for a few seconds then goes off. This happens about once a minute and happens when the engine is cold or hot. Any ideas. Thanks Paul
Mine did that a couple of years ago after a service,
I read on here somewhere about the fuel filter connections so i checked them and the light hasn't come on since (except when first switching on)
Hope that helps..
John....