Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th February 2024, 21:17   #11
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

So. This has all been extremely helpful. Jamiewelch's tip for using BMW Scanner 1.4 was a game-changer. It arrived from Amazon the next day and I got it working with Windows 10 (lots of people say it only works with XP, not true). I disabled the headlights & indicators hot and cold checks which took care of all the flickering LED issues & errors, plus (happily) no red-hot resistors were needed as a result.

I tried a variety of bulbs and have ended up going for the 6000k Philips Ultinon Access on both dips and mains. The dip beams are clearly defined and well within parameters and the mains are breathtaking. I also fitted 6000k LED W5W sidelights which look more like headlights. I really love the setup.

Thanks to Bullnose75 for his 2018 contribution which I came across on the switchback DRLs he fitted. My indicator lenses were horrible and half-full of water so I ordered the switchbacks and a pair of new lenses and wired them in today. Also copied his sensible design of having a relay turn the DRLs off when the sidelights are turned on. Really chuffed with them.

Oh and I had the bonus of a cheap spare pair of H9 LEDs which I replaced the foglight bulbs with seeing as the bumper was off. They're not a lot different to the halogens except they're white and match the rest.

So that's it. The car looks so much better at the front but doesn't look like an old tart. Thanks for all the input.

Last edited by goltho; 18th February 2024 at 19:03..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2024, 11:13   #12
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
So. This has all been extremely helpful. Jamiewelch's tip for using BMW Scanner 1.4 was a game-changer. It arrived from Amazon the next day and I got it working with Windows 10 (lots of people say it only works with XP, not true). I disabled the headlights & indicators hot and cold checks which took care of all the flickering LED issues & errors, plus (happily) no red-hot resistors were needed as a result.

I tried a variety of bulbs and have ended up going for the 6000k Philips Ultinon Access on both dips and mains. The dip beams are clearly defined and well within parameters and the mains are breathtaking. I also fitted 6000k LED W5W sidelights which look more like headlights. I really love the setup.

Thanks to Bullnose75 for his 2018 contribution which I came across on the switchback DRLs he fitted. My indicator lenses were horrible and half-full of water so I ordered the switchbacks and a pair of new lenses and wired them in today. Also copied his sensible design of having a relay turn the DRLs off when the sidelights are turned on. Really chuffed with them.

Oh and I had the bonus of a cheap spare pair of H9 LEDs which I replaced the foglight bulbs with seeing as the bumper was off. They're not a lot different to the halogens except they're white and match the rest.

So that's it. The car looks so much better at the front but doesn't look like an old tart. Thanks for all the input.

Good stuff 😎 I went yellow for the fogs

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2024, 11:21   #13
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Good stuff 😎 I went yellow for the fogs
Yellow - no kidding! Thought for a moment you'd moved the switchbacks down there! Thanks for your help too with this mini-project. I'm definitely loving the upgrades.

Dougie.
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2024, 16:33   #14
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Isn't the legal maximum wattage 65W?
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2024, 19:46   #15
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote: