Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th March 2011, 14:47   #201
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
It has come to my notice in the past few days that the "Petrut patch" that I have installed on the unit does not work properly. TBH, I have never really used it - I always use WolfNCU as it better suits out cars IMHO. The problem is that the GPS audio does not always work when another audio source is playing.

I have contacted Petrut (the author of the patch) and apparently his patch may not be workable on this system at all. He is working on it but it doesn't look good.

The fact the patch doesn't work is no reflcetion on the unit itself and does not affect it in any way.

Eamonn

I had the same problem with the "test" unit I have, if I play bluetooth music I do not get any sound through the SAT NAV programe, and it does not have the Petruts patch installed, I thought it might have been something thing to do with the faulty bluetooth card, but maybe its not? I still had no speach working throught the head unit via bluetooth when making a phone call I can hear the other end but on one could hear me.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 15:18   #202
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
Eamonn

I had the same problem with the "test" unit I have, if I play bluetooth music I do not get any sound through the SAT NAV programe, and it does not have the Petruts patch installed, I thought it might have been something thing to do with the faulty bluetooth card, but maybe its not? I still had no speach working throught the head unit via bluetooth when making a phone call I can hear the other end but on one could hear me.
TBH, I never really use the BT music. I'll try it on the way home tonight.

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 08:25   #203
ChB

MG ZT-T 190

Default Steering wheel control

I know this has been discussed a few times, but I don't get the steering wheel controls to work, even after reading the explanations here.

Originally there was a HiLine & HK setup in my car.

I have connected the green wire from the new HU with the orange/blue wire of the steering wheel remote control box and the black wire from the HU with the purple/blue wire of the control box.

Then I have updated the HU software with Sean's patch to get the "steering wheel" menu to appear. But, what exactly do I have to do in this menu? I tried different things, but apart from occasional green ticks (without touching the steering wheel controls) nothing happens. Did I connect the wrong wires? Do I have to put the plug back into the control box?

Last edited by ChB; 9th March 2011 at 08:27..
ChB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 08:46   #204
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChB View Post
I know this has been discussed a few times, but I don't get the steering wheel controls to work, even after reading the explanations here.

Originally there was a HiLine & HK setup in my car.

I have connected the green wire from the new HU with the orange/blue wire of the steering wheel remote control box and the black wire from the HU with the purple/blue wire of the control box.

Then I have updated the HU software with Sean's patch to get the "steering wheel" menu to appear. But, what exactly do I have to do in this menu? I tried different things, but apart from occasional green ticks (without touching the steering wheel controls) nothing happens. Did I connect the wrong wires? Do I have to put the plug back into the control box?
I just had the standard wiring and the steering controls worked first time for me.

Maybe someone with a HL + HK setup can help you.

Old 14th March 2011, 16:21   #205
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Thats mine installed!

Only seem to get classic FM on the sat nav TMC.

Any other suggestions of what stations to try or a list of them?
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 16:24   #206
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
Thats mine installed!

Only seem to get classic FM on the sat nav TMC.

Any other suggestions of what stations to try or a list of them?
Do you have this "alternative" unit or the original, Colin?

Old 14th March 2011, 18:58   #207
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Sorry mate, posted in the wrong section!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 12:25   #208
ChB

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChB View Post
Problem solved. I had connected the wires to the wrong part of the harness.
ChB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 20:56   #209
Archun

BMW E46 330CI

Thumbs up Hey

Hey, I just saw your post and looks like its the answer I've been looking for for a long time. If it actually works as it appears, I'll go to Ireland all the way from Argentina and MARRY YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
As previously mentioned, its easy to add an external mic to these headunits.

First off, this is where the existing mic on the front panel connects to the main board:

Its easily visible once the cover is removed. The idea is to remove this connector and plug in a short extension to the rear of the headunit so a standard BT mic can be connected.

The hardest part was sourcing this little connector:

Its a Molex of some kind but I couldn't source it despite many emails. I eventually found one in a desktop phone. Its also common in computers for connecting an internal speaker or the reset switch, although I tried a few old PCs and couldn't get any.

I then joined it to a length of screened cable. The pin nearest the side of the headunit is ground BTW:

The other end of a screened cable was soldered to a 3.5mm jack socket:

And the completed cable was then installed:

This is a really easy mod once the little white connector can be got. There should be no danger of damaging the headunit and the original can always be reconnected if desired.

The existing connector could of course be used but then the original mic can't be re-used.

A similar mod like this could also be done on Sean's original headunits but its a lot more complicated i.e. the front display panel must be removed.
Archun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 21:37   #210
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archun View Post
Hey, I just saw your post and looks like its the answer I've been looking for for a long time. If it actually works as it appears, I'll go to Ireland all the way from Argentina and MARRY YOU!!!
If you are a lady with a big bosom and don't mind being wife number 2 then you have a deal