Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th December 2010, 16:51   #241
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Check the aerial amp is receiving power - its hidden behind the D pillar cover on the off side,
Shouldn't that be "nearside" (passenger side)? It is on mine, anyway.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 17:45   #242
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Shouldn't that be "nearside" (passenger side)? It is on mine, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post

Cliff
You may be correct, my memory of double checking the power to my amp is a bit fuzzy. I thought I remembered it being the side nearest our house's back door - which would make it the OS :-)

Mine is a MkII with the basic aerial and amp (none D(?) whatsit).

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 22:07   #243
sratansi
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
You are probably also loosing the radio memories too, but you maybe haven't got that far. If you use the short lead supplied, it swaps over the two wires - so no more wiper problems or radio channels lost. Just plug the lead straight in between radio and car loom.
cheers will try that tmrw. so far very impressed with it. i suppose if i cant get the ariel working i will get some one proffessional to do it

Missing that Rover 75 feeling..
Rover 75 CDTI Auto Connie 55 plate - Gone now..

BMW 325 E92 written off

Maybe one final flirt with a MG ZT
sratansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 08:38   #244
ripwinder

MG ZT 2.5 V6 160+

Can someone at all please help me. I am in France middle of nowhere pretty much with my family on holiday and the double din unit has just got a black screen with the word 'back' in the top left corner. We are relying on it to get us around and have limited internet on phone at 2 pounds per mb. Please can someone help me. Sean!!
ripwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 10:40   #245
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwinder View Post
Can someone at all please help me. I am in France middle of nowhere pretty much with my family on holiday and the double din unit has just got a black screen with the word 'back' in the top left corner. We are relying on it to get us around and have limited internet on phone at 2 pounds per mb. Please can someone help me. Sean!!
First thing to try is a "reset".

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 10:51   #246
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
First thing to try is a "reset".
IU Emailed him the same thing and if possible to do the 3 Hour reset. Maybe tonight

BACK Sounds like something to do with the Backup Camera screen showing ? He May have inadvertently set to the Back Up Screen ? I Checked his order and No Reverse Camera
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 11:05   #247
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
IU Emailed him the same thing and if possible to do the 3 Hour reset. Maybe tonight

BACK Sounds like something to do with the Backup Camera screen showing ? He May have inadvertently set to the Back Up Screen ? I Checked his order and No Reverse Camera
I assume the multimedia side of things is affected also?

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 16:50   #248
ripwinder

MG ZT 2.5 V6 160+

Default reply

Hi guys, I have removed the unit and will install it again after 3 hours. Multimedia is unusable as unit is not responsive to anything. Very difficult to get any kind of internet access here so please excuse if replies are slow.

Cheers,

Liam.
Old 14th December 2010, 16:53   #249
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwinder View Post
Hi guys, I have removed the unit and will install it again after 3 hours. Multimedia is unusable as unit is not responsive to anything. Very difficult to get any kind of internet access here so please excuse if replies are slow.

Cheers,

Liam.
I really hope it works for you. Don't let it spoil your holiday
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 19:52   #250
ripwinder

MG ZT 2.5 V6 160+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
I really hope it works for you. Don't let it spoil your holiday
Hi Guys,

Well I had it disconnected for about 3.5 hours. When I reconnected it the screen was just white and remained so for about a minute so I turned the ignition key off and on again and it just went back to a black screen with the word 'back' in the top left corner again.

I'm not really sure what else to do now. Thought it might be a corrupt SD card so removed it and did the reset and disconnected power but it was just the same, a white screen again.

I've never had the reverse camera installed and have not changed anything. It was working last night on my way back to my cabin, I was using the the satnav and listening to music with no problems at all. I've checked all the wiring and everything looks fine. Noticed one of my reverse lights had gone a couple of days ago so replaced that just in case as I had spares kit in the boot. Clutching at straws. We watched a DVD for the first time on the unit a couple of days ago and its still in there but that was on Saturday and its been fine since then. The unit usually boots in to the GPS software if that helps point to anything. Does anyone know what happens on a working unit if you remove the GPS SD card and then turn on, just wondering if its trying to boot from SD and isn't seeing anything so is doing something else??

Just trying to dump everything I'm thinking of to try and help get a solution. Any help that anyone can offer would be most welcome.

Best regards,

Liam.