Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd March 2011, 06:44   #21
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
With due respect to the OP, the club rules stand. Subscribed members have the option to post in the club classified section, and as Stocktake correctly points out, non subscribed members of 10 contributary posts or more can, by application to a moderator have their previous posts reviewed to see if they qualify.

No such application has been received in this instance, but after review by the team, it is the opinion that this target has not been reached.
Interesting point of view from the team... 49 posts and member for a year but hasn't contributed? The terms and conditions state:

We request that you make no less than 10 contributory posts to the forums before advertising items you may have for sale. 'Contributory' means adding value to a thread

Are the team REALLY suggesting that Stevie's comments have not done this? Even by simply asking questions one is helping to add to the sum total of club knowledge and thus he has contributed. To suggest that after 49 posts he has failed to 'add value' to threads is rather harsh to put it kindly! Having read all of Stevie's posts he clearly has contributed and added value on more than ten occasions even using the team's apparent criteria of bringing greater knowledge to the forum.

Last edited by Zeb; 3rd March 2011 at 07:13..
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:57   #22
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

If you sell stuff on ebay, you pay sellers charges anyway. Why not pay a one-off £10 to get and give full priveledges from and to other members?
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:26   #23
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Interesting point of view from the team... 49 posts? The terms and conditions state:

We request that you make no less than 10 contributory posts to the forums before advertising items you may have for sale. 'Contributory' means adding value to a thread

Are the team REALLY suggesting that Stevie's comments have not done this? Even by simply asking questions one is helping to add to the sum total of club knowledge and thus he has contributed. To suggest that after 49 posts he has failed to 'add value' to threads is rather harsh to put it kindly! Having read all of Stevie's posts he clearly has contributed and added value on more than ten occasions even using the team's apparent criteria of bringing greater knowledge to the forum.

It would seem from your comments above Zeb, that you are inferring a post count is directly proportional to qualification of the criteria, in which case you would simply have us disregard the ruling.

You may not agree with the decision, but then with due respect, you are not the one currently charged with the responsibility of up holding the rules in an official capacity and the team as a collective are.

We are not, to use your words deliberately intending to be harsh as you state nor put down what has been posted. Members 'participate' in club activity in a variety of forms. We embrace such interaction as it is all, by and large, for the greater good and advancement of the site, but an individuals contributions are just that, specific to them and in this instance multiple greens arrived at similar conclusions.

There is nothing to say that the aforementioned criteria qualification may not change in time, but that is largely dependant on the OP, however as always your opinion has been noted.
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:40   #24
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
It would seem from your comments above Zeb, that you are inferring a post count is directly proportional to qualification of the criteria, in which case you would simply have us disregard the ruling.

You may not agree with the decision, but then with due respect, you are not the one currently charged with the responsibility of up holding the rules in an official capacity and the team as a collective are.

We are not, to use your words deliberately intending to be harsh as you state nor put down what has been posted. Members 'participate' in club activity in a variety of forms. We embrace such interaction as it is all, by and large, for the greater good and advancement of the site, but an individuals contributions are just that, specific to them and in this instance multiple greens arrived at similar conclusions.

There is nothing to say that the aforementioned criteria qualification may not change in time, but that is largely dependant on the OP, however as always your opinion has been noted.
Paul, I am in no way inferring that post count should be a suitable qualification in regards to the stated criteria. I see no problem with the ruling at all, as you know.

That said, announcing the results of his 'application' to be allowed to sell, in spite of the fact that he has not made one? It would have been better to have simply had the discussion with the op in private and to simply post on the thread that the matter was being dealt with rather than 'expose' the op's postings to public judgement by the green team.

Granted, I like transparency but there are ways and means without the need for what could be interpreted as public humiliation?

All imo natch..
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:54   #25
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Paul, I am in no way inferring that post count should be a suitable qualification in regards to the stated criteria. I see no problem with the ruling at all, as you know.

That said, announcing the results of his 'application' to be allowed to sell, in spite of the fact that he has not made one? It would have been better to have simply had the discussion with the op in private and to simply post on the thread that the matter was being dealt with rather than 'expose' the op's postings to public judgement by the green team.

Granted, I like transparency but there are ways and means without the need for what could be interpreted as public humiliation?

All imo natch..

Public humiliation? I certainly hope that is not seen by the membership to be the case here.

Point taken though Zeb, but then it was another member that brought the ruling to light on thread, and you yourself that specifically highlighted the issue, again on thread prompting an open response from the team on thread. One which if not forth coming could well have become an issue in itself.

To Stevie the OP, apologies for any upset caused by the last few replies.

Last edited by Reebs; 3rd March 2011 at 07:57.. Reason: added original quote in reply
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:41   #26
baconbuttyman
Banned

I have to say that the OP decided to place the thread in the first place, he could have simply PM'd one of the team initially instead of placing his own view in public, when he is responded to in public i dont think the OP has cause for complaint, The team took on board the OP's question and summarily took a look to see if he COULD list any items for sale, In there judgement the answer was no.
I think The team made the right decision.

Thread closed....oh no, i cant do that any more, darn it!!!
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:39   #27
DoDo
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post

Well I wonder why that is then?

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece
Old 4th March 2011, 19:20   #28
alanT
Banned

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
I have to say that the OP decided to place the thread in the first place, he could have simply PM'd one of the team initially instead of placing his own view in public, when he is responded to in public i dont think the OP has cause for complaint, The team took on board the OP's question and summarily took a look to see if he COULD list any items for sale, In there judgement the answer was no.
I think The team made the right decision.

You think the team made the right decision - as you are a registered seller on here I think it unlikely that you would have come to any other conclusion
Old 4th March 2011, 19:59   #29
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanT View Post
You think the team made the right decision - as you are a registered seller on here I think it unlikely that you would have come to any other conclusion
i would like to thank you for your input alan,but you are taking this thread off topic,which i think the conclusion has been met.
Old 7th March 2011, 09:59   #30
stevie
Regular poster

MG ZT CDTi 135+

Wow, i didnt mean to start any trouble, i just thought it a little unfair thats all.

Yes, i agree that if i sell on ebay (which i have done with some of the spares) i would incur charges, but it is a registered auction house. Any auction room has charges. However, im not prepared to pay £10 for information that i would get free from any car / club meeting or can find by googling. After all, i pay for my internet connection I wanted to help out a few members by selling some spares cheap to them, but i feel i have been shot down for it. (All i have left now is an egr valve and a new coolant elbow if anyone needs them)???

This forum is very interesting and (mostly) extremely helpful. But i feel that, like most things, money seems to have spoilt it a little.
Closed Thread