Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th September 2016, 09:13   #21
stan315

MG ZT

Hi Andrew
Thanks for submitting the picture. Sorry I didn't get to chat it would have been nice to speak to a fellow member. I do get a lot of interest in the car, a lot of them think it's a customised 75,"How did you fit that v8 in there? Did you have it sprayed " etc etc. I have to tag along with the Clacton Hot rod club just to show it, as I've Even been told by some event organisers that it can't be a classic car, it's to new. Next year all the Essex members should turn up mob handed and crash some local shows. Lol.
Any way thanks again for the picture submission, let's hope it gets in.
Martin.
Old 29th September 2016, 11:31   #22
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan315 View Post
Hi Andrew
Thanks for submitting the picture. Sorry I didn't get to chat it would have been nice to speak to a fellow member. I do get a lot of interest in the car, a lot of them think it's a customised 75,"How did you fit that v8 in there? Did you have it sprayed " etc etc. I have to tag along with the Clacton Hot rod club just to show it, as I've Even been told by some event organisers that it can't be a classic car, it's to new. Next year all the Essex members should turn up mob handed and crash some local shows. Lol.
Any way thanks again for the picture submission, let's hope it gets in.
Martin.
Maybe we'll get to chat at next year's Castle Park event if we don't bump into each other at a 75/ZT meet in the meantime.

In my opinion age has little to do with whether a car can be classed as a classic, and is more to do with styling and engineering. Would be nice if the photo of your car is featured in the calendar but we'll have to wait and see.

I'd have liked to submit one of mine, but so far I haven't managed to take a shot of it that makes it stand out. Maybe next year!

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
Old 30th September 2016, 08:50   #23
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Cool Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Any news on pictures being added to the temporary gallery, not much time left to take others if the submissions are incorrect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I've sent my email again Paul.

OK, I've updated all the latest submissions so far and uploaded them to the image gallery

Temporary viewing gallery

Thanks to Nev The Bear, Teflon, Solar Sailor, Stevestrat, ssizefive, Unicorn1, Trikey and Tim

Bluejon, can you resubmit Vixen's entry? The picture you sent although very high resolution, isn't the right frame size to fit the calendar stencil space. I can zoom it forward until it's the correct height to fill the top and bottom of the frame, but then it looses the left and right edges as they get cropped out.

This means that the car will be missing it's bonnet and boot! Do you have another you can send?

P.S,

Teflon I am honoured that you should submit a picture of my 260, but as I'm one of the judges I don't think it would be fair for me to include it as a main contender. However, perhaps if it gets some interest from the others it might be a possible for the cover montage I include it in passing purely so the image can be seen by the other judges for their view, but fully expect to be discounted at the first hurdle. The price I pay for organising the club calendar every year I suppose

Keep 'em coming there's still time before the weekend is up
Old 30th September 2016, 09:07   #24
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
Maybe we'll get to chat at next year's Castle Park event if we don't bump into each other at a 75/ZT meet in the meantime.

In my opinion age has little to do with whether a car can be classed as a classic, and is more to do with styling and engineering. Would be nice if the photo of your car is featured in the calendar but we'll have to wait and see.

I'd have liked to submit one of mine, but so far I haven't managed to take a shot of it that makes it stand out. Maybe next year!
Just a little hint ,

Why not come along to the Red Lion, Kirby Le Soken on Saturday the 8th October at 19.30.
There will be around 15 members with their Rover 75's and ZT's in attendance .

A good few of us will be meeting up the following morning at the Toby Carvery on Clacton Seafront as well

Info on meet here:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=228963

Last edited by coolcat; 30th September 2016 at 09:10..
Old 30th September 2016, 09:48   #25
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Teflon I am honoured that you should submit a picture of my 260, but as I'm one of the judges I don't think it would be fair for me to include it as a main contender. However, perhaps if it gets some interest from the others it might be a possible for the cover montage I include it in passing purely so the image can be seen by the other judges for their view, but fully expect to be discounted at the first hurdle. The price I pay for organising the club calendar every year I suppose

Keep 'em coming there's still time before the weekend is up
No worries Paul, I thought that would be the case. Thought I'd send the pic anyway though, as I quite liked the pic and thought you might like a copy. (Just read that back - there's a lot of "thought" going on there! )

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 30th September 2016, 12:28   #26
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Mail sent Paul
Can't see my picture in the gallery, is there a problem with it ? Hope not as the car is on SORN now so can't take another one
Old 30th September 2016, 12:31   #27
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Oops my bad, I'll pop it in later, it's fine though Les
Old 30th September 2016, 17:23   #28
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Oops my bad, I'll pop it in later, it's fine though Les
I nearly had flipping heart failure when I never saw it thanks Paul for taking time to include it later
Old 30th September 2016, 21:16   #29
david75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE, 04

Entry from me emailed just now
thank you
David
Old 30th September 2016, 21:43   #30
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts
Default Re-Submission;

Hi Paul,

Did you receive my re-submitted entry & is this one ok sizewise,many thanks.

Regards.....John.