Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th March 2013, 19:26   #21
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It's all very well saying that because team orders are there they should be allowed to prevail, even if they cause a procession ( a common accusation of F1 a short time ago). Remember Flavio Briatore and the disgraceful attempt to fix the race?

No, no team principal or manager should be able to dictate which of their drivers should take a victory. It destroys ambition, is dangerous and definitely not in the interests of the public who pay ridiculous money to attend. Where there is a safety aspect, then yes, it's necessary, but not in this case.

If the 'team' had serviced Webber's car properly he might not have had to conserve fuel to comply with the regulations and the same thing with Rosburg having to back pedal behind Hamilton. What a lousy disappointing result for a total of 4 drivers!
Old 25th March 2013, 20:17   #22
tonybubble
ZT, 75 & 260 Rescue

2002 MG ZT 260 (007), 2003 MG ZT-T 260 SE, 2004 75 CDTI Tourer

I counted them in and I counted them out (with apologies to Brian Hanrahan) - 005, 007, 019, 051, 103, 288, 354, 455, 577, 700 - the story continues. http://www9.mg-cars.org.uk/mgoc260/f...lies/smile.png

tonybubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 20:21   #23
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybubble View Post

brilliant .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 20:26   #24
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

This problem was really the fault of Pirelli, the fuel excuse is a red herring. Last year the tyres were spot on, this year they just degrade too fast, the drivers cant use the full power of the car for risk of destroying the tyres in 2 laps. The result is that they turn the engines down and manage it with team orders. Its become a dash to front and then a parade. Hamilton had fuel issues (and tyres issues as they all had), but Rosberg was managing his tyres specifically. Due to them both having issues it was decided to keep them in line rather than risk them both burning out.

The Red Bull situation was similar, but Vettel simply didn't play the game. While I agree with him that it should be a race not a parade, there are also basic sporting rules. He took advatage of the fact that his team mate wasnt expecting a pass, it was unfair and unsporting. He won the race by deception its that simple.

Last edited by rovexCDTi; 25th March 2013 at 20:32..
rovexCDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 20:34   #25
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

Feel for mark , he always seems to get sour grapes... vettel is just a pure racing machine, and nothing will get in the way of a win , like already said , he is another schmacher , and thinks he is above everyone else including his team.. what are red bull going to do , nothing they can do , its only the fia that could sort it , and its not really there problem... as for rosberg the lap times tell the tail , and there was no need, for him to tell the team he was quicker. it would be intresting to see how much fuel lewis had left , and what rosberg had left , then we could see who really had the true pace.
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 20:59   #26
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

For me, it just summarises how **** F1 has become!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 13:19   #27
mmcwalter

MG ZT CDTi

Vettel should have done what he was told. Its not just an individual sport its a team game as well. The team want the maximum amount of points with the minimum amount of risk. Think back to Turkey 2010. Red Bull could have had a fair haul of points but lost them all because of the two of them fighting and taking each other off. Vettel will probably have plenty of opportunity to score points throughout the season anyway. It was only race two. Plenty of opportunities ahead for point scoring.
mmcwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 13:32   #28
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

i think it was good for F1 a bit of controversy never harmed any sport. Put it higher up the news programs. I know there are teams and team order are part of the sport, but I think it would better if there weren't any at all.

After all the sport is there for the fan/viewer not for the teams. All the rules and purpose of the sport is to keep the fans (and therefore the ££ rolling in) watching.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 14:27   #29
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I suppose now it becomes a power struggle, who is bigger, Red Bull or Vettel?

Regardless of if you agree or not, a team order is a team order is it not? If this goes unpunished then it makes a mockery of team rules and chain of command.

If it were up to me, and it could be done I would let Vettel sit out the next race and give the test driver their 15 mins of fame, seriously I certainly wouldn't let it go unchallenged.

Now, that really would be toys out of the pram time.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 14:31   #30
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

That's a good point. I don't agree with them but if the rules are broken there has to be a punishment.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote