Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th January 2012, 18:33   #21
blacknwhite
Posted a thing or two

Black Rover 75 Connie CDT and Twilight Chromactive ZT Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
There's nothing to stop anyone doing it who wants to but it's hardly something you can make compulsory.

Like many things, if a few start doing it others might follow in time.
There's a lot of stages to go throught between an idea and "compulsory".

Last edited by blacknwhite; 18th January 2012 at 18:59..
blacknwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 18:37   #22
Kiltman
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTi 135 / Rover 75 Club SE 160

I for one think this is a good idea, went to my first meet last year, met a few people, Wooleysox, Arctic & Duotone but sure I could have met more!
Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 19:00   #23
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Default nametags /t shirts

I pm'd all the regional secretaries with details of the club t shirts,obviously the North East t shirt is unique to our area, as it contains the image of a local landmark.For other regions ,it would bear the below design on the left breast area,with forum username on right breast area, the wording would be unique to each region,all the r/s have details of cost and sizes available. The idea was that they mention this at their next meet. (midlands area ignore the design below,your r/s has come up with your own design,which will be with him shortly)

Old 18th January 2012, 19:02   #24
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post

I'd have loved to have said "so you're..........., I'm Blacknwhite, nice to meet you". Instead of being complete strangers, I'd have "known" them without being able to put a name to the face.

What's the problem????????
Is that so different to approaching someone and saying, "Hello, I'm Blacknwhite," and them then replying by telling you who they are?

It seems to me what you actually want to do is go up to someone, peer at their chest, then either talk to them if they are someone you are interested in, or walk away if they aren't ..... could be rather off putting to a lot of people in my view.

Just talk to people. They might not be the ones you wanted to talk to particularly but they're still members of the club. If you feel you really need to talk to a particular person either arrange something before so that you meet up or simply go around asking people if they can point you in the right direction for them. If you tell everyone your name you'll soon become well known and leave a good impression of being an outgoing, sociable person ...... then there wouldn't be any problem, would there?
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 19:04   #25
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post
There's a lot of stages to go throught between an idea and "compulsory".
And not displaying your name on your chest isn't a problem ...... just personal choice.
Old 18th January 2012, 19:04   #26
Andyd358
Posted a thing or two

JAguar X-Type 2.0d Sport

Quote:
It seems to me what you actually want to do is go up to someone, peer at their chest,
Lol

Depends if Its a woman

Going to miss driving it
Andyd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 19:08   #27
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd358 View Post

Lol

Depends if Its a woman
Not in the North East, they're all at it ...... apparently.
Old 18th January 2012, 19:26   #28
blacknwhite
Posted a thing or two

Black Rover 75 Connie CDT and Twilight Chromactive ZT Turbo

Quote:
Is that so different to approaching someone and saying, "Hello, I'm Blacknwhite," and them then replying by telling you who they are?

It seems to me what you actually want to do is go up to someone, peer at their chest, then either talk to them if they are someone you are interested in, or walk away if they aren't ..... could be rather off putting to a lot of people in my view.

Just talk to people. They might not be the ones you wanted to talk to particularly but they're still members of the club. If you feel you really need to talk to a particular person either arrange something before so that you meet up or simply go around asking people if they can point you in the right direction for them. If you tell everyone your name you'll soon become well known and leave a good impression of being an outgoing, sociable person ...... then there wouldn't be any problem, would there?
It's a car club man not a covert meeting of MI5 and the KGB. Shakes head.
blacknwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 19:39   #29
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:

When Bob first posted the idea of nametags/badges as a newbie ,(as he was then), I responded by saying something similar to you Fred,like "just introduce yourself,or ask each member their username,no one will be offended by being asked who they are,by someone who is new to the crowd."
As for the t shirts,they weren't meant for ID purposes,I just thought it would be a nice idea,to have a Tshirt depicting the club,and Andy was the one who came up with the local image idea.

Last edited by RPWC; 27th October 2012 at 09:51..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 19:52   #30
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

I believe the thinking was slightly different at the bike club, because we meet at famous local bike stops, Highbeech, Finchingfield etc. we were not the only bikers there, it was more a way of finding each other amongst the throng.

However now even at the usual (90% members) weekly meet most of the guys still wear their fleece so any new bods can come along and start a conversation straight away. I suppose R75 owners should be more approachable than bikers.

Anyway on a personal note I find it difficult to partake in or join a conversation between people I don't know even if I know one of them (if you see what i mean). It's a self confidence thing and i've always had it.

Once I know a few people, then all is well. I'm probably not the only one like this, it's just people, we are all different and we are all right (well I am anyway)

Enough for this topic for me, now where is that address for the embroiderers.....

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote