Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th January 2014, 18:30   #21
Poggit
Gets stuck in

Nissan Leaf

After getting half way to Leeds on a mission of mercy I was informed the car had magically decided to start so they are now heading home with everything crossed. If it does make it home its bite the bullet time and out with the seats and carpets, a through drying of the interior and loom inspection then a comprehensive plugging of leaks.
Panic over, for now...
Old 13th January 2014, 15:23   #22
Poggit
Gets stuck in

Nissan Leaf

Default Caught a Red Herring...

Well Removed seats, console etc finally the carpet. There was a serious amount oif water on the passenger side foot well-as expected. It took two of us to wrestle the sodden mass out and then the fun could really begin.

This morning got into car turned the key and... nothing. And here is where I fished up the red herring. I presumed the non start was all part of the problem with the damp electrics/brake lights always on. It was nothing to do with this at all but a totally separate and very obvious fault-one I would have gone to straight away had it not been for the distraction of said damp writing. Any other time upon turning the key and not hearing a click despite charged battery I would have checked out the solenoid on the starter-and this is what I eventuality did after thwo hours of faffing with the wiring! It took me two minutes to clean the connector and replace and all was well in the world again.
Flush with success I removed the fuse box, all the fuses and relays then separated the internals from the housing and gave it all a good dose of the hairdryer as there was dampness and signs of corrosion on some terminals.
Everything replaced and no more brakes light anomalies etc-I hate to say its sorted as made this statement of false optimism before but I am now cautiously optimistic of getting the car back and working as it should.
Next job is to plug ALL leaks and reassembel the considerable number of interior items that have rather filled up the garage. The car is driving fine but looks like something out of the Wacky races from the inside. Onwards and upwards. Wish me luck!!!