Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2007, 20:15   #21
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

A BIG Thank you to the organisers for an excellent event. I've never seen so many 75s & ZTs in one place before.

Considering how new the club is I think 72 cars at an event is a huge achievement, you should be very proud.

Well done

Tim
Tim_Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 20:38   #22
dickydido

ZT

just to add my penneth worth and thank all for a very good day out - even the wife and kids enjoyed themselves which is always a result. The wife even muted some consent of travelling up to the NE event!!!!. Shame about the weather but you can't have everything.
dickydido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 22:00   #23
briantilley
Avid contributor

ZT 160+ 1.8T

As a new ZT owner and member, I was knocked out by seeing so many well-cared for examples in one place. And the cars weren't bad either... :lol:

Many thanks to those who put the time and effort into setting up the event.
Old 19th March 2007, 22:41   #24
Timbo.P6
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR T SE WITH MISSING SATNAV ROVER P6 2000 SC

thanks for a great day out,we got back at about 6.30 ish today,after visiting cider distillaries and things like that on the way home.
Timbo.P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 18:48   #25
steve75

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT SE

Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you for all of the hard work you and your team put into organising a excellant event.

Thank you.:lol: :lol:
steve75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 09:06   #26
Ti Rich
Gets stuck in

Audi A6 TDi 175

Yes, thanks to everyone who organised this. Can I make a couple of suggestions for the next meet:-

1. The caption competion closed far too early and I am not sure how many people knew it existed. I suggest that it might be an idea to email people who have registered for the event with all competition details and deadlines.

2. Name badges - I had no idea who everyone was. The organisers had badges and it might have been helpful if the people attending did too! While the cars could be identified to their oweners unless they were standing by the cars it difficult to find people.

3. Given that the club needs Insurance (PLI) it would have been a good idea to run a raffle. I am sure most people would have a go and this would have gone a long way to paying for the insurance. Other forums ask the owners to donate prizes - they don't have to be car related (Booze, food, toys) and most willingly do.

Just some ideas!
ZT CDTi, gone but not forgotten!
Ti Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 09:35   #27
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Hi Rich,
Glad you made it to the show, I didn't get to say hello to everybody. Probably down to hiding in the museum once the hail started.

In answer to your queries.

1. The caption competition was posted as a sticky in this forum on 1st March it's the third one down from the top. It was pretty much an impromptu competition dreamt up to accommodate the wonderful prize that Kandyman donated, with the other prizes added on to give it a bit more spice. I have to agree that it could have run a bit longer and perhaps been mentioned elsewhere as well. The Admins will know for next time.
None of the mods or admins were entered in the competition. (Would have been amusing if Kandyman won his own prize)

2. Name badges and an info pack will be priority items for the next meet. We are all agreed on the need for this.

3. A raffle was run at Beaulieu and was very successful, several prizes were donated by members for that one. The raffle was free to enter. That was the first attempt and it worked very well. Other competitions were mooted this time and worked pretty well. Especially the Kids painting one. I think it is simply a matter of trying things out until the admins find the best ones to use.
I also think a paid raffle will be an excellent way of raising funds. Bearing in mind that PLI for an event is very costly indeed and it may take several to begin to cover costs.

I hate to lay blame anywhere but, the weather on the afternoon did make it a little difficult and some of the organisation went out of the window. I'm sure the next meet will be even better. This is a learning curve for all of us.

Thanks for the input, all suggestions gratefully received and where the admins can will be acted upon.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 09:36   #28
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Lilian and myself had name badges on with our real name and user name it worked well I had no idea how many of members knew my real name
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 10:16   #29
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

If you are Running a Raffle at next meet I have a minor prize the club could have MM.
Its a "Brand New Genuine Unused 06-01 BMW Road Map Europe (High) DVD" for MK4 DVD Sat Nav Players, if its to obscure don't worry.
If required PM me and I'll hold it till required, otherwise that and several other items are going on EBay!
or someone can puchase it for a Good price and Donate money to club funds (less P&P).
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 10:37   #30
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

JDC you have a PM.

Thanks
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote