Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th September 2016, 12:28   #301
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMH757 View Post
Got a reply this morning claiming the unit was "tested defective by our quality supervision department" hahaha

I was offered my refund, which I have now received!!

cheers

Maurice
I've just had same email for the second item, funds have been refunded.

If anyone is thinking of buying the GPS version, it would be best to buy from the China seller where items are shipped from the UK HERE....

Last edited by Dallas; 27th September 2016 at 12:46..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 20:46   #302
shasbat3
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S type.

Well, mine arrived today and was waiting for me when I got home from work. Now fitted, and a great bit of kit for the money. Big thanks to Dallas for the initial post, and to Blankers for the recommendation.
shasbat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 20:54   #303
Blankers
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

If anyone is thinking of buying the GPS version, it would be best to buy from the China seller where items are shipped from the UK HERE....
This is where I got mine from. I've been trying for a week to get it replaced. They keep fobbing me off. send me a photo, send me a video, can't read the video...send me another. Finally they offered me a half refund if I kept it.
What good is a stereo with NO SOUND ??
Hopefully will be sorted soon....
Blankers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 21:10   #304
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankers View Post
This is where I got mine from. I've been trying for a week to get it replaced. They keep fobbing me off. send me a photo, send me a video, can't read the video...send me another. Finally they offered me a half refund if I kept it.
Have you opened a case with ebay, seller has 8 days to provide you with a prepaid returns label, after 8 days escalate the case and ebay will step in and issue you with a prepaid returns label and charge the sellers account.

Select 'Contact Seller'
Then select 'I received an item that wasn't as described'
Important bit! choose this option 'Doesn't work or defective'
Now give your reasons.

The seller is based in China, but stock is meant to be shipped from Derby UK. Either way you are protected under UK consumer law as item location is listed as here in Great Britain.

Look as the packaging/parcel, is there any customs or airmail label attached, any returns address?

Last edited by Dallas; 29th September 2016 at 21:15..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 21:13   #305
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
I've just had same email for the second item, funds have been refunded.

This is where got mine from Wes and very pleased with the service and delivery time.

What I did was to look at it and then left it. Within a couple of hours I got the email below saying the price was reduced. So purchased !!

Hello ******clive - Thank you for your purchase. Your order will be dispatched to * ****** ******.

PAID : £56.85 with Credit card

Free postage.

I have found this often happens - look at something - leave it - and the seller offers it at a lower price.

Just hope what I got is the real thing!!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 21:27   #306
shasbat3
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankers View Post
Good grief, that's dragging on. I would have thought they'd sold enough units in the last week alone to justify replacing a faulty one. Hope you get sorted soon.
Old 29th September 2016, 21:31   #307
shasbat3
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
This is where got mine from Wes and very pleased with the service and delivery time.

What I did was to look at it and then left it. Within a couple of hours I got the email below saying the price was reduced. So purchased !!

Hello ******clive - Thank you for your purchase. Your order will be dispatched to * ****** ******.

PAID : £56.85 with Credit card

Free postage.

I have found this often happens - look at something - leave it - and the seller offers it at a lower price.

Just hope what I got is the real thing!!
Yes, that's where I ordered mine too. You should be ok, mine is definitely the real deal.
Old 29th September 2016, 22:46   #308
Blankers
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Have you opened a case with ebay, seller has 8 days to provide you with a prepaid returns label, after 8 days escalate the case and ebay will step in and issue you with a prepaid returns label and charge the sellers account.
Yes....I opened a return request on 24th. I've been messaging them backwards and forwards since then. It seems they will try and wear you down till you give in......................but they won't.
I have to wait till 3rd Oct before I can ask ebay to step in and help.
Old 30th September 2016, 09:56   #309
Blankers
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Well, this morning I got an email form them:

"Dear, we are sorry to hear that the item is faulty,in order to resolve your challenge,we would like to issue you the full refund, and you don't need to ship it back to us since it will cost a lot shipping fee, we don't want to cause you more inconvenience, and you just kindly help us to leave a 5 star positive feedback, or if you are unwilling to do that, just help us not to leave any negative/neutral feedback, do you think it is fine to you? Pls kindly advise, we want to try our best to satisfy you."

So, despite my repeated requests for a replacement, they refunded me to get decent feedback........... if they had just swapped the unit a week ago I would have given them 5 star feedback. Now, I'm not so sure.

Now, I've got to go through the process all over again to get another one, and hope this time it works !!!

Last edited by Blankers; 30th September 2016 at 09:59..
Old 30th September 2016, 11:42   #310
Blankers
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

O.K I ordered another one, from the same people.

Be interesting to see the response. Will they just send it, query it, or tell me to F-off ?