Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th October 2016, 18:40   #381
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Sadly not Alan, it would appear to be either a software, or circuit-board/component fault. The volume does not decrease as it should, it drops off at still a high volume at position one.

The unit does however have a powerful sound, very loud with a disturbing bass once the 'LOUD' option has been selected. But! you cannot control the volume enough when you just want music in the background, not even after playing around with the equalizer settings.

Its either listening to loud music at volume one, or zero which is mute.
if you have an amp connected with the gain controls, it will allow more control of the volume knob. Even with the software/hardware fault.

My own amp isnt set up correctly, with the same symptoms. 1 is too loud for comfortable conversations, 0 is mute. Mine is an Alpine head unit, but it is my laziness that has kept it like this for past 2 years lol.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 18:53   #382
Blankers
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankers View Post
Is there any way to adjust the amplifier in the boot to fix this ?
I already asked the question, but nobody seems to know if the Harman Kardon amp is adjustable. There's certainly no adjustments on the outside.
Blankers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 22:14   #383
Mothman
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club SE

There is obviously a difference in batches of these 7021g units. On mine the Radio volume at 1 is OK, not whisper quiet but not uncomfortable either. However the volume when listening to SD card is much quieter and I usually listen at around 7 or 8

I have the steering wheel Mode button programmed to GPS so that it is easy to flick between sat nav & music player/radio to make volume adjustments etc.
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 08:18   #384
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Mines at 15 -18 when swmbo is in the car and anywhere upto max with just me driving.

But, at £63 I wasnt expecting a sony
Old 26th October 2016, 14:30   #385
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

At last I seem to be having some "Car Time" so thought I would at least fit the unit in the new surround. Not looking forward to doing this as I have arthritis in my hands and end up with sausage finger syndrome after a while.

But armed with a great little box of tool bits I picked up at Lidl's last year - the job went really well!

Looking forward to actually getting it in the car next
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc 26 Oct 2016, 15:21.pdf (277.8 KB, 60 views)
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 14:39   #386
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
At last I seem to be having some "Car Time" so thought I would at least fit the unit in the new surround. Not looking forward to doing this as I have arthritis in my hands and end up with sausage finger syndrome after a while.

But armed with a great little box of tool bits I picked up at Lidl's last year - the job went really well!

Looking forward to actually getting it in the car next
Well done Clive, super job, nice clean cutting...

I hope your volume is ok on yours, I've now sent mine back. Thats 4 units over two orders from same seller, doubt I will buy another 7021G model. It would appear the GPS units have been rushed, the software isn't upto scratch, shame really as the previous 7010B version is really good.

Maybe the next GPS model will have all the problems ironed out.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 18:21   #387
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanks Wes - I have to take it slowly as I am so busy at the moment. - if it turns out that the volume is duff i shall either send it back or chalk it up to experience. But it seems that some are OK so I live in hope.

Is there anyway my unit can be "bench tested" for this before i proceed with a total installation?
Old 26th October 2016, 18:33   #388
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Thanks Wes - I have to take it slowly as I am so busy at the moment. - if it turns out that the volume is duff i shall either send it back or chalk it up to experience. But it seems that some are OK so I live in hope.

Is there anyway my unit can be "bench tested" for this before i proceed with a total installation?
Clive, you can either use a spare car battery and some spare wires with crocodile clips on the ends, or a universal AC/DC 12V adapter which were really big in the 80's. You will obviously need a speaker, but you will not get the full sound experience until you are using the speaker setup in the car.

Its not that difficult to take the old stereo out and plug the new unit in, you only have two screws on the eyebrow, and then another two screws one at either-side of the head-unit. Once you plug in the loom, you can switch on and test before completely install the unit.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 07:39   #389
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanks Wes - I shall give it a go - I will have to go back on this thread and look at the installation posts - I seem to remember it being more than a plug and play - but maybe I am thinking SWC as i know there was an issue as to what wire went where.

I should be getting my Black Oak dash in the next day or so - so will have the dash out to fit that - ideal time to have a play.
Old 13th November 2016, 19:55   #390
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Holly thread revival batman!!!
Used the bluetooth to make a phone call today (first time since I installed the unit ). Sound coming through the speakers was fine, but the caller could hardly hear a word I was saying, even though the car was parked.
When I get chance I'll see what happens when you plug a mic into that 3.5mm jack in the back of the h/unit. If you see ploooooooms of smoke over Norfolk, that'll be me