Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th December 2007, 11:14   #31
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Thanks Volzhskyboy...

Just as an update. Amazon despatched with tracking number on the 5th December via Home Network Delivery Ltd.....who are supposed to phone to arrange delivery and set up the set on arrival......since then I heard nothing...and the tracking number is invalid....so emailed and phoned Amazon on Monday...then again today.....finally I have just had a phone call to say they have chased up HDN who have admitted that they have 'lost' said 37" Tv and have no idea when or where!!!! Obviously it has slipped down between the pallets alongside the Govt's Cds....

To their credit Amazon are shipping a replacement via 1st class delivery for Friday....with a new tracking number......

So, it obviously is a sought after set...and some employee at either Amazon or HDN might, possibly have a widescreen Christmas......

Naturally I shall blame Kandyman

Last edited by Zeb; 11th December 2007 at 12:08..
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 12:55   #32
BMC123
Posted a thing or two

2004 1.8 Connoisseur SE, 1999 XJ8

and not for the first time either! makes you wonder how some companies can keep going like that,
Old 12th December 2007, 15:58   #33
MGOracle
Banned

MG ZT CDTi 135+

I ordered my Samsung from Dixons on Saturday and had the option of paying extra to have it arrive on a specific date sometime next week.

I was worried when it arrived.

It arrived yesterday!! :O Can you get better service than that?
MGOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 19:48   #34
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Well the replacement also had an invalid tracking number and has also not turned up! You can't get much worse than that!
Old 15th December 2007, 10:22   #35
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Well the replacement also had an invalid tracking number and has also not turned up! You can't get much worse than that!
I spoke too soon.....letter arrives today from Home Delivery Network claiming that they have tried and not been able to contact me by phone about delivery....they have my mobile number, my home number, we have an answerphone and someone has been in for the two days in which delivery should have arrived....so they can add lying to their list of sins....

So, letter states they are therefore going to deliver between 7am and 10am on Monday....if this isn't convenient I can ring them, between 8am and 6pm Mon-Fri.....and the letter arrives Saturday....so I cannot phone them and cannot change delivery time (school run time..)

So, to date, they have 'lost' one 37" Tv, failed to deliver the second on time, failed to make contact about either Tv and then lied about making contact by phone, failed to provide a facility to contact them and agree delivery time. This has wasted 4 days of my and my wife's time waiting in for the delivery.

You couldn't make it up!

I have now written to Amazon and made it crystal clear what I think of the service provided by their carrier and have demanded a full explanation....

Am I turning into Victor Meldrew?
Old 15th December 2007, 10:36   #36
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Being economical with the truth seems to be par for the course with these delivery companies.
Favourite excuse is "no one at home, we put a card through the door". No you didn't, I was at home all day awaiting delivery as advised.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 15:06   #37
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Angry

Would you believe come Monday and no Tv has arrived! Their customer services are impossible to contact and Amazon want me to wait until tomorrow for them to 'resolve this issue'. So I resolved it for them; no Tv by 5o'clock tonight and I expect a full refund and confirmation of said refund immediately.

My experience of a truly Kafkaesque system that allows both companies to treat the customer like dirt whilst claiming to 'put the customer first' has been an eye-opening exercise in futility.
Old 17th December 2007, 23:21   #38
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Never Get this Problem with Sony Centres they deal with the Whole thing.
Slightly more expensive but it sounds to me now well worth it.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 22:31   #39
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Went to 3 electrical stores at a shopping park near me. Settled with 40" Samsung with stand. Taken out to the car and (had to unbox the TV to get it in the car) home again. In all took about 2hrs from entering the first shop to arriving home. Well Pleased. Took all night to get the stand built and all the TV working with the various bits....... Then went back 2 days later for matching Samsung home cinema.....

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 21:12   #40
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Having cancelled the order, the day the money was being refunded the Tv arrived...given that most places nearby had sold out of the top 3 favourite brands and I wanted it as a family Christma present, I accepted delivery and then sent a final email steaming with vitriol to Amazon...

After all that, I must say the Tv is superb...the reviews complain about the black levels and the sound not being quite perfect but the reality is that they are both fine. Picture quality is (to my eyes) as good as the Samsungs and no motion blurr whatsoever. Given that these were £1500 in January I would say the current price is a bargain. :xmas-smiley-031: