Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd January 2011, 18:14   #31
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Yeah the 75 was probably destined fir the scrappy anyway. Top gear is just light entertainment. Most of their little changes are faked and most of us could easily buy better cars than they do for the money. Of course there is no fun in them buying 3 cars that are perfectly reliable..
rovexCDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:02   #32
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

reminds me of when jeremy clarkson met amy winehouse at euston ,,, she asked him if he was on telly , he said yes and i do top gear ,,,, oh great she siad i`ll have an ounce of coke then please ...

Last edited by chrissyboy; 2nd January 2011 at 19:56..
chrissyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:17   #33
Platemaker
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 160, MG ZT 180.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
reminds me of when jeremy clarkson met amy stonehouse at euston ,,, she asked him if he was on telly , he said yes and i do top gear ,,,, oh great she siad i`ll have an ounce of coke then please ...

Amy Stonehouse?

Last edited by Platemaker; 2nd January 2011 at 19:20..
Platemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:21   #34
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Yes Amy Stonedhouse :xmas-smiley-031:

VVC-Geeza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:55   #35
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Amy Stonehouse?
thats her cousin lol
Old 3rd January 2011, 08:48   #36
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
Yeah the 75 was probably destined fir the scrappy anyway. Top gear is just light entertainment. Most of their little changes are faked and most of us could easily buy better cars than they do for the money. Of course there is no fun in them buying 3 cars that are perfectly reliable..
top gear not 100% real i'm shocked so many things on top gear are not 100% normal and they are 3 little boys let loose in the play pen and doing stuff a lot of us would love to do and i for 1 watch it for that even if at times they are not nice to cars we love , even Mrs starbug watches it and we have lots of top gear stuff and watch it on Dave again and again ......

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 20:50   #37
stanningtonglen
Loves to post

MGZT 190+ Comm Num:ZT000969

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjudo View Post
That Fool has done more to wreck the British motor industry than Hitlers air force did. I absolutley cant stand the guy. To me he's a self opinionated overpaid idiot.
When he drove like a novice in the 2.7 diesel S Type around the Nurburgring (Spelling not correct)and then that girl had to show him the correct way to drive and destroyed his lap times on her first lap.
JMHO of course
It didn't need him to do that, they did it them selfs a long with the government
MMM i wounder what it is about F1 ? i don't think its the drivers ...The ZED... Lowered 30mm - Drilled & Grooved Disc's with Red Stuff Pads - Full Stainless - Goodrich Hoses - Stainless Brake Pipes - Lexus style back lights in black & Tinted Windows all round..Catch Tank - Induction Kite
stanningtonglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:34   #38
allegroman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Club SE: BRG, Deep Sea Green and plenty of options

One of the problems I have with Top Gear is that it still masquerades as factual television, while the storylines in the challenges are sometimes less believable than 'The Fast and the Furious'... For example, during the South American challenge, Hammonds car 'accidentally' rolling over at the end, as a way to get out of driving an unsafe car down a big hill.

More credulous types seem to believe all they are shown too. A generally intelligent friend of mine actually thought that a Datsun 120Y is faster than a Rover 3500, Princess 2200 and Dolomite Sprint. And as for the British Leyland cars self destructing on pave? Well, after countless miles on West African corrugations the only thing which packed up on my Allegro was the speedo.

A trip through the middle east in dodgy convertibles, with a bit of desert driving, would be entertaining without the flak jacket and burkha nonsense, or the obligatory 'oh we've got lost' scene (how lucky that thew BBC thoughtfully provided cameramen behind every wall in the town to ensure great footage). A challenge should be just that, and would make great TV. If I want scripted shenanigans I will watch The Italian Job.

Is it because the team claim that the public crave ever more excitement? By that measure, the focus of the show is doomed to slip even lower, reaching the lowest common denominator, presumably will end up 'proving' that a Saxo VTR souped up by the team can do Mach 3, and causes a shift in the gravitational field of the Moon.

Perhaps worst, the attitude to any criticism is at least questionable. The Marina (which I personally think wasn't a particularly good car) and it's owners club became targets of vitriolic and childish retribution, reminiscent of the somewhat dim but powerful schoolyard bully. They really should drag themselves out of the gutter.

Rant over Happy New Year to all!
Old 4th January 2011, 08:21   #39
Mintee
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegroman View Post
One of the problems I have with Top Gear is that it still masquerades as factual television,
No it doesn't. It is entertainment.
Mintee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 20:01   #40
allegroman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Club SE: BRG, Deep Sea Green and plenty of options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintee View Post
No it doesn't. It is entertainment.
Why pretend that the 'incidents' on the challenges are genuine then?

Maybe I'm just out of touch with modern media