Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th December 2011, 12:33   #31
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Well, looks pretty unanimous then! I tend to think the '26' are isolated from us rather than the other way round.

It's just that when megolomaniacs get thwarted they sneak back under cover and plot their revenge. With the German politicos grunting their threats, the French politicos whingeing and wringing their bony (good pun, that. Circa 1812/15) hands and stroking their Germanic counterparts' nether regions, they will now try to utilise EU assets and Institutions to further isolate UK interests. This is illegal under EU law. The EU institutions may only be used under treaties agreed by all members and for the abridged membership to use even the loos needs a treaty change! To which we have to agree! Yippee! Watch out for jiggery-pokery.

Mind you, it's all phoney. We fight wars in the name of 'Democracy', each nation with it's own definition of it. So far this century, and it's only 11 years old, thousands and thousands have been killed or disposessed in its name. Apparently, we are led to believe, the EU has a Parliament. And a Commission. So who voted for what? Who delegated the responsibility for doing all the heads-banging-together-routine to Germany? Why has no-one protested that the politicians are trampling over the 'democratic rights' of the people?

This all ocurred, in Europe as it happens, 75 years ago. The people were steamrollered into aquiescence in the name of 'unity', and then forced to accept the fait accompli with the threat of death hanging over them by a Fascist regime. Chilling, isn't it.

Who's for emigrating? And to where, exactly?

Last edited by wraymond; 11th December 2011 at 14:59..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 13:13   #32
blaggard
Avid contributor

Rover 75 connoisseur se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Without wanting to sound too dense, can the UK afford to come out of Europe? I mean I know it costs us billions to stay in but will it not cost more billions to come out? If so where does the moeny come from or has dave found some spare tenners down the back of his couch?
A few years ago the argument for it being more expensive to leave was hard to disprove, now? We should cut our losses!
blaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 13:25   #33
bobgrice
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
Surprised the French haven't blocked the Channel Tunnel in protest!

Or gone on strike.

Or something.
They need it to be open so they can run through it when the Germans invade them again
Old 10th December 2011, 13:48   #34
luapnotpu
Avid contributor

mgzt160,mgf,MG GS.

Cameroon says that it is in our best interest! Start by giving the train order to Derby.Make the emergency services buy British vehicles.Even saw an army convoy last week with German lorries.
Wouldn't it be good to see a Jaguar motorway patrol,MG 6 panda,Dennis fire engine.SHAME about LDV.They did a good v8 ambulance.
Old 10th December 2011, 14:03   #35
e668ecp
I really should get out more.......

Range Rover Evoque and ZT V8 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by luapnotpu View Post
Cameroon says that it is in our best interest! Start by giving the train order to Derby.Make the emergency services buy British vehicles.Even saw an army convoy last week with German lorries.
Wouldn't it be good to see a Jaguar motorway patrol,MG 6 panda,Dennis fire engine.SHAME about LDV.They did a good v8 ambulance.
What British vehicles.. there are none as Labour finished off MG Rover and LDV.

It would be good to see Jaguar Land Rover, Dennis Alexander and Vauxhall supported and to a lesser extent Nissan, MG, Honda, Toyota and MINI.

The train order is a strange one. Its a Canadian company not a British one. The decision to award it to Siemens did infact save 1200 jobs in the North East. Suppose they could have split the order??

To quote the PM, "I'd rather [have (be)] a son of Thatcher than a child of Brown"
e668ecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 14:16   #36
luapnotpu
Avid contributor

mgzt160,mgf,MG GS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e668ecp View Post
What British vehicles.. there are none as Labour finished off MG Rover and LDV.

It would be good to see Jaguar Land Rover, Dennis Alexander and Vauxhall supported and to a lesser extent Nissan, MG, Honda, Toyota and MINI.

The train order is a strange one. Its a Canadian company not a British one. The decision to award it to Siemens did infact save 1200 jobs in the North East. Suppose they could have split the order??

To quote the PM, "I'd rather [have (be)] a son of Thatcher than a child of Brown"
It is Canadian,but JLR,Indian,Opel ,German. Mini,German.Mg ,Chinese,Nissan,Toyota, Honda ,Japanese.
If Mother of Cameroon had not privatised everything.we would still have industry.
Old 10th December 2011, 14:21   #37
e668ecp
I really should get out more.......

Range Rover Evoque and ZT V8 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by luapnotpu View Post
It is Canadian,but JLR,Indian,Opel ,German. Mini,German.Mg ,Chinese,Nissan,Toyota, Honda ,Japanese.
If Mother of Cameroon had not privatised everything.we would still have industry.
I never mentioned Opel... I said Vauxhall. They do a lot of engineering here and employ thousands. All of the first batch employee thousands in design as well as manufacturing here.

If Mrs Thatcher hadn't privatised some of the industries they would have suffered from state cut backs and the country would be in a far far greater mess than what Labour got us into during their 13years of power. If you read the facts more of a percentage of GDP and people employed in manufacturing were lost under the last Labour government than were lost under Mrs Thatchers government.

Anyway we are going off topic which isn't fair.
e668ecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 14:34   #38
luapnotpu
Avid contributor

mgzt160,mgf,MG GS.

Apologies,Opel is American. As we do alot of trade in europe,should we not be involved?All the German,French etc.Companies could pull or their buisness out of the U.K. and just leave us with just banks! Who were the ones who stuffed us in the first place.
Old 10th December 2011, 14:50   #39
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Unhappy

I do believe that we import more from the EU than what we export so it seems to me it would be a stalemate if the worst come

I can remember before the common market the places like Dover would be flooded by the french etc who came over here to do their shopping but as soon as we joined the common market things changed and things in this country became more expensive
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 14:59   #40
luapnotpu
Avid contributor

mgzt160,mgf,MG GS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
I do believe that we import more from the EU than what we export so it seems to me it would be a stalemate if the worst come

I can remember before the common market the places like Dover would be flooded by the french etc who came over here to do their shopping but as soon as we joined the common market things changed and things in this country became more expensive
Quite. Then we went to France to buy cheap!! But if we all had bought British in the first place!!
What about the Empire? If we hadn't have taught these countries all our methods,They would't be out producing us now! Are Tata getting their own back for the Raj?