Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th June 2015, 03:19   #31
Chilljohn
Posted a thing or two

MG HS PHEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Hi John
Yes I Agree 100%
I Have already Had it changed and will be on the First Update
Exactly as You stated

now that is service mind reading included lol out of interest will the animated android bit be going too ?

Free enable of digital speedo readout on message centre (takes 2 mins)

Free Vis motor testing, via obd port courtesy of my delphi so no need to take anything apart, along with free code scan including abs and airbag message me for details
Chilljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 04:49   #32
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

This may not be possible but if it is then how about an "accessibility" in the settings?? like we have in our phones.
I really struggle with some apps and the size of their font, I am aware that browsers can be altered and also you can get apps to enlarge font, if you get an app it does make things easier, however you are not able then to acces all the buttons on such apps as they vanish below visible screen area.
I don`t want it to be just me so if you too think we could do with larger fonts please speak up
Those apps I mentioned earlier are not compatible no matter which launcher I use. Can you try an find out why they are not??
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 06:30   #33
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Third day and third time apps have been lost.
I have been trying to use a third party launcher "Nova Launcher Prime".
For some reason the unit just does not like Nova Launcher. When switching on after being "dead" all night, half to two thirds of apps I installed using Nova Launcher have vanishied, even swapping back to the stock Launcher they are not there either. Looking into playstore and selecting the "head units apps" they are not there either, it seems that they have collectively been uninstalled.
I had used the "move to SD card" in settings, mystry at the moment so today I will reinstall them all (AGAIN) using the stock launcher.
These problems are not on the Nav 2.
I notice that the USB socket under the power/volume button is blanked off, have we lost that?
Ken.

Last edited by Kennyeth; 8th June 2015 at 06:32..
Old 8th June 2015, 06:36   #34
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

a more simple tweak for me: On launch mine defaults to a slightly dimmed screen; if I double click the 'dim' button twice it goes through a dark clock and then a brighter normal screen

couple of other things which are settings related I think; one is the sat nav defaulting to a speed screen right up until you move the other is that the radio app seems to switch itself off RDS AF every time I turn the ignition on.
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 11:10   #35
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
Third day and third time apps have been lost.
I have been trying to use a third party launcher "Nova Launcher Prime".
For some reason the unit just does not like Nova Launcher. When switching on after being "dead" all night, half to two thirds of apps I installed using Nova Launcher have vanishied, even swapping back to the stock Launcher they are not there either. Looking into playstore and selecting the "head units apps" they are not there either, it seems that they have collectively been uninstalled.
I had used the "move to SD card" in settings, mystry at the moment so today I will reinstall them all (AGAIN) using the stock launcher.
These problems are not on the Nav 2.
I notice that the USB socket under the power/volume button is blanked off, have we lost that?
Ken.
Answering my own post but how about this theory: when I downloaded my apps I went into app manager and moved to SD card, however, could the apps when moved have gone into ram instead of an SD card
2g of ram would hold a fair few apps, until it`s turned off
Ken.
Ken.
Old 9th June 2015, 05:22   #36
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

I have just noticed that my DAB button/app has gone.
While "playing around" the last three or so days I have done a "Factory Reset" twice, can I download the app again??
On the other issue of loosing apps I only installed a couple yesterday while on the stock launcher and did not move them to SD Card, they are still there this morning.
It is going to be some time before it goes into the car so enough time to experiment.
Just need the DAB App back at moment.
Ken.
Old 9th June 2015, 07:39   #37
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
This may not be possible but if it is then how about an "accessibility" in the settings?? like we have in our phones.
I really struggle with some apps and the size of their font, I am aware that browsers can be altered and also you can get apps to enlarge font, if you get an app it does make things easier, however you are not able then to acces all the buttons on such apps as they vanish below visible screen area.
I don`t want it to be just me so if you too think we could do with larger fonts please speak up
Those apps I mentioned earlier are not compatible no matter which launcher I use. Can you try an find out why they are not??
Ken.
Ken My Desk top Navall 3 is on the way . Ill investigate this once I have it
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2015, 07:41   #38
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
I have just noticed that my DAB button/app has gone.
While "playing around" the last three or so days I have done a "Factory Reset" twice, can I download the app again??
On the other issue of loosing apps I only installed a couple yesterday while on the stock launcher and did not move them to SD Card, they are still there this morning.
It is going to be some time before it goes into the car so enough time to experiment.
Just need the DAB App back at moment.
Ken.
When you do a factory reset , It Will go , Its an APP that we added . Will send the APP to you Via Dropbox now.

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2015, 07:59   #39
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
When you do a factory reset , It Will go , Its an APP that we added . Will send the APP to you Via Dropbox now.

Sean
I thought that was the case Sean, however I have saved the apk now on my PC and in my own Dropbox, thanks.
Did I see somewhere on here last week about Navall 3 customers getting the latest iGo update free? or am I being to cheeky
Thanks for the Dab.
Ken.
Old 9th June 2015, 08:08   #40
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
I thought that was the case Sean, however I have saved the apk now on my PC and in my own Dropbox, thanks.
Did I see somewhere on here last week about Navall 3 customers getting the latest iGo update free? or am I being to cheeky
Thanks for the Dab.
Ken.
Far too cheeky