Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th January 2015, 10:48   #31
Last14
Loves to post

ZT 190 / 75 Club SE 2.5 x2 / 75 Connie 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by egremont View Post
Thanks for the pics. Looks to be quite rugged. If you want to see some tough terrain, check out the Western Arthurs in the south west of Tasmania.
Will be brief - past 1.00 am.
I enjoyed the National Rove in Stanthorp - yes it is cooler, but I don't mind that.
Have you visited the Glass House mountains? Never been there myself, but some of my friends spoke of them when they were Rover Scouts.
Look forward to meeting you when you venture south.
All the best and kind regards,

Bruce.
Ok i will have to check out Tasmania, i haven't been there yet. Would be fun to drive down and take the car ferry over there and cruise around. Although if too rugged, the Land Rover may be better suited than the low profile tyres of the ZT....

Glass House i am planning to visit next friday or saturday. Will take some snaps...! Cheers.
Old 21st January 2015, 05:20   #32
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last14 View Post
Ok i will have to check out Tasmania, i haven't been there yet. Would be fun to drive down and take the car ferry over there and cruise around. Although if too rugged, the Land Rover may be better suited than the low profile tyres of the ZT....

Glass House i am planning to visit next friday or saturday. Will take some snaps...! Cheers.
I am sure you would enjoy a visit down south - and there are Rover owners to visit.
Make sure that you take some rugged walking boots - if you plan to visit National Parks. Public roads are quite all right for your ZT - you may have heard that they sponsor Targa Tasmania.
However, if you wish to see the grandeur in their National Parks, it will be by foot only. Unless you are a seasoned bushwalker, I would recommend that you view the South-West from afar - it is very rugged and dangerous. Perhaps a visit to Cradle Mountain (at the northern end of the Cradle Mountain - Lake St. Clair National Park) may be a good start.
Ah! to adapt that well known Scottish song – The Road to the Isles.
The far peaks and tarns are pullin’ me away
As take I wi’ my trekking pole to the road.
Those majestic peaks and tranquil tarns are putting love on me
As step I wi’ the sunlight for my load.
Cheers for now, Bruce.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote