Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st October 2010, 22:11   #31
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
I too am suffering from this, and quite badly.

I bought the additional splitter which thus far hasnt improved things at all and the only RDS station I can lock onto is Radio 4, yet the local BBC Station (BBC Radio Ulster) provides the service locally on same set-ups.

As for signal quality, its awful. I even loose radio 1/radio 2 and local stations are a disaster, loosing signal at various speeds and various locations.

Its quite frustrating as I listen to a lot of Radio 2 and BBC Radio Ulster/U105 locally.

Im going to try removing the splitter and using the normal ariel just instead and see if that helps.
Check your antenna amp has a +12 going to it, as well as your own idea to remove the splitter. Your splitter might well be faulty, if it works fine without it, but very badly with it in circuit. In circuit it should deteriorate, but not by very much.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 22:57   #32
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Well ive already tried two other radios with it since and both dont have a built in amp, and they where 100% by comparssision, so im putting it down to the newer unit.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 10:10   #33
wutang
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 auto (LPG) & mg tf 160

Just to clarify the signal amp when plugged in to the symphony set up gets its power from a connection in the iso block, ie from the back of the stereo, so if you swap the double din for the symphony the amp gets power you then swap back and the signal gets worse, some people may think it is the unit but as the signal amp is no longer being fed power by the head unit connection it is not working.

The best way to test if your amp is getting power is with a multimeter, if you dont have one unplugging the power to the amp should meke the reception much worse.

I will try and get pictures in my lunch break so people can check there conections and we can find out if some people do have issues with there units.

Richard
wutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 10:32   #34
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Hi Wutang,

Thanks fo this. For what it's worth, I'm still having reception issues, and I can say for certain that the anttenna amp is definitly recieving power.

In my case at least, reception is ok (not as good as the Symphony, but acceptable) without TMC, but once the splitter is introduced, it falls way below par. I think the solution is likely to be a "standalone" aerial for TMC, or possiblly some form of signal booster.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 17:31   #35
taffyduck
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Yep same here. week signal even when tuned into the local radio station and the amp is getting power, even tried a different powered aerial and still the same, so it must be to do with the new units.
taffyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 18:14   #36
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

Yep same here. week signal even when tuned into the local radio station and the amp is getting power, even tried a different powered aerial and still the same, so it must be to do with the new units.

That worries me. Cant believe a system that is technically 10+ years ahead of a Symphony can give so much problems
madone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 18:27   #37
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

It's a tad annoying !

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 20:55   #38
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKUK View Post
It's a tad annoying !
To say the least Mark!!!! Simply I am not technically gifted enough to understand at all
madone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 22:10   #39
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Well the crux of it is that with there being two aerial inputs, one for Radio and one for TMC, both require a strong signal to work and splitting the signal we get from the rear screen aerial simply isn't powerfull enough to satisfy the needs of both things !...

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 22:25   #40
Mikejr
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer Auto Connie SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKUK View Post
Well the crux of it is that with there being two aerial inputs, one for Radio and one for TMC, both require a strong signal to work and splitting the signal we get from the rear screen aerial simply isn't powerfull enough to satisfy the needs of both things !...
There's only one aerial input on the back of my unit so I assume that I would need an additional aerial for the TMC side of things (think the TMC aerial provided with the unit is not up to the job) and that the aerial splitter is actually a combiner so that both aerials, i.e the OEM rear screen plus a new TMC aerial (Sharks Fin?), get fed into the one aerial socket on the back of the unit.
Mikejr is offline   Reply With Quote