Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2009, 10:00   #41
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

ok, i'm not struggling to get a loan, everything is fine from that point of view. The reason i posted why i was selling was to be as honest as possible so people didn't think i was selling because it was a shed. It isn't perfect and that is half my problem. I want it to be but that will cost an arm and a leg to get it perfect. Not that there is anything particularly wrong with it as it is. It is a seven year old car at the end of the day. Also, in selling the car, i can pay for my half of the kitchen and return the money i borrowed from jackie to buy the car in the first place, use the bikes for a bit and take my time to find another car. It seem pretty sensible to me given the options open to me at the moment. I am however in the process of getting a quote from my paintshop to get it perfect so we'll see.
Old 10th March 2009, 10:21   #42
juzza0
Mmm Monogram

MG ZT-T++ & Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Workhorse)

Talking

They're all making sense Phil - you know it Finance the kitchen and keep the car, surely its a win win situation?

Monograms are rare, and 75's even more so (and it looks like yours, like mine was an MGR management car too, you wont find another one that special) you could even leave the repairs a while too. Come on Phil we need you Non of us or our cars are perfect, but we all love them for what they are.

Last edited by juzza0; 10th March 2009 at 10:25..
Old 10th March 2009, 17:07   #43
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I am however in the process of getting a quote from my paintshop to get it perfect so we'll see.
imho unless you are going to lock it away in a heated garage and use it on dry days, its going to rust and degrade, whatever you do to it - putting too much cash into it is probably not going to add to its value as its, as you said, an old car. Just enjoy it for what it is...? Or else you will be driving a £35 RFL Fiat Panda, like me

Ironically, its fun. Because it does whats it told and I don't really care about it.
Old 10th March 2009, 17:40   #44
Phil
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondweed View Post
imho unless you are going to lock it away in a heated garage and use it on dry days, its going to rust and degrade, whatever you do to it - putting too much cash into it is probably not going to add to its value as its, as you said, an old car. Just enjoy it for what it is...? Or else you will be driving a £35 RFL Fiat Panda, like me

Ironically, its fun. Because it does whats it told and I don't really care about it.
There is a real appeal to something like that.
I love the car it is stunning etc and I wouldn't ever find a 75 again of such a high spec. But one has to be sensible about these things and prioritise what is important. If I keep it, I will and there is no question about this, end up going through it with a fine tooth comb to get it mint. I won't be able to help myself. I just get obscessed with cars. So at the end of it, I will have a mint 7 year old car with 73K on the clock. Whereas if I sell it I can buy something else at a later date that is younger and less miles and will be worth more. That is my logic.

Also, Jackie is demanding a new kitchen now, she won't settle for a Kitchen makeover and wants everythig new now. She loves the 75 and even bought a brand new inlet manifold for it as a present and doesn't want me to sell it.
Old 10th March 2009, 17:44   #45
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
There is a real appeal to something like that.
I love the car it is stunning etc and I wouldn't ever find a 75 again of such a high spec. But one has to be sensible about these things and prioritise what is important. If I keep it, I will and there is no question about this, end up going through it with a fine tooth comb to get it mint. I won't be able to help myself. I just get obscessed with cars. So at the end of it, I will have a mint 7 year old car with 73K on the clock. Whereas if I sell it I can buy something else at a later date that is younger and less miles and will be worth more. That is my logic.

Also, Jackie is demanding a new kitchen now, she won't settle for a Kitchen makeover and wants everythig new now. She loves the 75 and even bought a brand new inlet manifold for it as a present and doesn't want me to sell it.
I have a solution... sell a Kidney!
Old 10th March 2009, 17:45   #46
Phil
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja2tw View Post
I have a solution... sell a Kidney!
What, do you have one you'd like to donate for the fund? Thanks mate!!
Old 10th March 2009, 17:48   #47
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
What, do you have one you'd like to donate for the fund? Thanks mate!!
When I am dead you can!
Old 10th March 2009, 18:09   #48
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

As I said earlier Phil completely wrong time to purchase a Kitchen all the 50% sales have just finished.
Old 10th March 2009, 18:15   #49
Phil
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
As I said earlier Phil completely wrong time to purchase a Kitchen all the 50% sales have just finished.
We have quotes from 50% off which are still ok to be honoured but We'll not be using them as they are still nearly £3000 more than the small outfits.
Old 10th March 2009, 18:17   #50
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

As long as you don't overpay,
some of the Freebies etc are well counted for in the Price.
Magnet a typical example.

I'll tell her off when I see her next time,
your have to park somewhere else at the meet now you know.
Closed Thread