Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th February 2014, 11:43   #41
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
Driving home yesterday, I was driving bare foot (my shoes where dirty).
Normally the temperasture is set to 22c. But since my jacket was a bit wet the windows got foggy, so I set the temp to 16c and the AC to auto. Hoping to cool down the air and dehumidify.

However, the air stayed fairly warm. It wasn't 22c, but it surely wasn't 16c either.
Could it be that my AC isn't working properly?

I just did the test with holding the two buttons, and I didn't get an error.
Lift the bonnet, move both temperature settings down to minimum (low) start the engine and feels the ac pipes, the large and small alloy pipes which run by the left hand side of the engine, as you face the engine. One should be hot, the other cold.

Or as above, but point an IR temperature gauge at the two centre vents in the cabin. It should read a temperature much lower than the ambient temperature.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 12:01   #42
Goodtimegaz
Avid contributor

75 saloon

40 or so posts about the climate control system, maybe, just maybe it's a little over complicated
Goodtimegaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 13:03   #43
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT
I agree, that is my one concern about leaving it on auto - the (maybe) constant running of the fan.

No "maybe" about it; it does run all the time. People who permanently leave the system in 'auto' shorten the life of the motor brushes and the silver resistor (if fitted).
Simon
In that case, it might be worth finding some way to inhibit it, when the cooling fan is not needed/ when the car is in motion.

Ideas please, for an easy way to implement that, but which still allows the fan to work normally for cooling system needs?

Thermal switch attached to the ac radiator at the front.

Vane type switch, to detect the cars motion.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote