Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th August 2011, 17:11   #41
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpenn View Post
It is high time we had armed Police. I don't believe all this nonsense "oooh but if the Police had guns it wouldn't solve the problem". Let's be realistic, a few dead Criminals is a damn good start in my Books. Too long have our Police force been made to go up against the worst criminals with a tickle stick and a can of dodgy hairspray.

Ooooh, Don't know about the ordinary bobby being armed.... Just be like America then... We have technical firearm units to deal with that... They should be given more powers though in my opinion...
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 17:14   #42
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Ooooh, Don't know about the ordinary bobby being armed.... Just be like America then... We have technical firearm units to deal with that... They should be given more powers though in my opinion...

Yeah but teh "Technical Firearm unit" is only called out to Gun related instances, many times in teh past, by then, it has been too late with casualties unecessarily.

Sorry, but I vote to arm them all and to be honest, I think America have their head screwed on with this "Do as I say or I will pop a cap in your butt" Simples.............
carlpenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 17:15   #43
Brush 1
Passed Away

rover 75 club se

Quote:
It is high time we had armed Police. I don't believe all this nonsense "oooh but if the Police had guns it wouldn't solve the problem". Let's be realistic, a few dead Criminals is a damn good start in my Books. Too long have our Police force been made to go up against the worst criminals with a tickle stick and a can of dodgy hairspray.
u cud imagine wat countries like russia and china wud do to the scum and thats place that supposodley dont have human rights wheres the rights of decent folk gone
Brush 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 17:17   #44
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Still at it are we

The police DO have firearms. The procedures for using them are so involved that by the time it was sanctioned the riot would be long over.

In the real world all the talk of shooting them and getting the soldiers on the streets isn´t an option. Would be ridiculed the whole world over for -Arab- tactics.

One thing spouting off, another actually doing what a lot of you advocate.
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 17:17   #45
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Yeah but teh "Technical Firearm unit" is only called out to Gun related instances, many times in teh past, by then, it has been too late with casualties unecessarily.

Sorry, but I vote to arm them all and to be honest, I think America have their head screwed on with this "Do as I say or I will pop a cap in your butt" Simples.............

Hm, know what you are saying, but i think that would just breed and spread the cancer of guns.... Brush 1 is correct.... Never mind all those sprouts in Brussels.... Other countries tell them where to go... So should we...
Old 9th August 2011, 17:20   #46
carlpenn
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush 1 View Post
u cud imagine wat countries like russia and china wud do to the scum and thats place that supposodley dont have human rights wheres the rights of decent folk gone

We don't have and never have had Rights as far as Government and Justice go. We all had it stripped away from us in the Guises of "national security" etc etc

As for Russia and China, hell yeah, Their Police wouldn't be sitting round a Campfire eating Marshmallows whilst a City was being torn apart...... That only happens here in Cissypuss Island.
Old 9th August 2011, 17:21   #47
carlpenn
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hm, know what you are saying, but i think that would just breed and spread the cancer of guns.... Brush 1 is correct.... Never mind all those sprouts in Brussels.... Other countries tell them where to go... So should we...

The Cancer of Guns only exists outside the Law.
Old 9th August 2011, 17:21   #48
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Still at it are we

The police DO have firearms. The procedures for using them are so involved that by the time it was sanctioned the riot would be long over.

In the real world all the talk of shooting them and getting the soldiers on the streets isn´t an option. Would be ridiculed the whole world over for -Arab- tactics.

One thing spouting off, another actually doing what a lot of you advocate.
Yes I agree......There should be emergency contingency plans that could be put into immediate action concerning unrest such as this...Must be hard and precise though...
Old 9th August 2011, 17:23   #49
Brush 1
Passed Away

rover 75 club se

i,d quite happily take a ak47 and some uzi,s and shoot those low lifes, et worst it be more fun than hollyoaks
Brush 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 17:25   #50
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

If all our social problems were described as what they really are, if people were accurately described, there might have been a way of avoiding our society developing into a free-for-all.

On the news just now the man who was shot at the beginning of all this, upon which hundreds of opportunists have hit the streets, was described as a father. And only that. As if that was all his life story. That implies he has children, who may be heartbroken with grief. It implies he has a sobbing wife who's life has also been ruined.

How about the newscasters using equally factual language? Like: he was a gang member (proven and common local knowledge), was armed (police evidence indisputable), and shots were fired at police. We are continually lied to, propagandised, and misinformed by PC drivel and mealy-mouthed apologists for publicly funded quangos whose sole interest is preserving their own little empires to the 'disenfranchised'. The elected politicians are frightened off from telling the truth with threats of vote loss. What a sorry lot.

Last edited by wraymond; 9th August 2011 at 17:30..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote