Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th November 2016, 18:02   #491
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
Following advice on here I now have it fitted nicely in the dash. It is a pig of a thing to get sat right in the fascia but once in looks good enough. Steering controls now working fine and my aerial adapter came and has been fitted, radio works well. I have used the GPS test app and the GPS is working fine.

However I do have a problem with mine that others have not encountered, it keeps dropping WiFi signal even when less than a foot from window next to hub. Not end of the world but I can't download mapfactor maps as it drops signal during download. I've read up and it's been mentioned that this is a known problem on some, the following page is useful

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...Create_AN-21_U

May be wrong but I think these are the manufacturer and it's Rungrace branded, I am going to order a WiFi dongle and see if it sorts the problem out, will post results.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Many folk complain about weak wifi issues on devices, but its not always the device, its the 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency signal, especially when trying to receive Wifi from outside your home. Your Wifi issue could be interference on your home network, the 2.4Ghz frequency is open to all sorts of interference, especially if you live in a congested area.

I'm not getting any Wifi problems on my two units, I can sit outside on my drive in SWMBO vehicle or my ZT which is 5 to 10 meters away from the router and receive half to full coverage.

Do you get the same trouble drop in Wifi when using your phone or laptop when outside, if so you could try manually changing the Wifi channel on your Router, you can do this by logging into your Router using your browser. You could also buy a Wifi expander, especially if your Wifi signal is weak in certain rooms of your home. How about turning your phone into a Wifi Hot-Spot as Rob suggested, its very convenient when out and about in the car.

Regarding the manufacture of the RunGrace unit, The manufactures website is HERE...
Ruili Technology are a global manufacturer and provider of automotive electronics, making OEM car stereo's for Ford, Volkswagen, Toyota, Mitsubishi, KIA and Hyundai just naming a few.

Let us know how you get on with your Wifi issue, if you have an android phone, try downloading the MapFcator navigator app to your phone to see if you get the same disconnections when sat in your car.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 18:10   #492
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Its the unit as my android phone, Nexus tablet and swmbo i-phone all work halfway up the street. It see's the access points and connects but will intermitently drop out, it will do this on every wifi connection. Can I download maps onto sd card on laptop then transfer to the unit?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 18:21   #493
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
Its the unit as my android phone, Nexus tablet and swmbo i-phone all work halfway up the street. It see's the access points and connects but will intermitently drop out, it will do this on every wifi connection. Can I download maps onto sd card on laptop then transfer to the unit?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
http://navigatorfree.mapfactor.com/en/download/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robti View Post
Or how do we pick where new apps, media are stored if we use another storage card and want to leave the built in card for just gps
Google themselves changed this option some years ago, after android Honeycomb. App developers could no longer give permission for their app to be moved to SD card, you could only store your own media to SD card such as photos and video.

Since Android 5.0 Lollipop, it has changed again and some apps can request permission from users to access folders on external storage. This means some apps that you download will give you the option to move them to SD card. You can always go into 'Settings' then 'Apps' and select each app to see if the 'Move app to SD card' option is highlighted.

As far as I know the RunGrace unit has two storage options, 8GB internal storage and the media card slot (max card upto 64GB). You can store all your media and some apps on the external media SD card.

Last edited by Dallas; 28th November 2016 at 19:33..
Old 29th November 2016, 09:43   #494
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

OK hoping that this Rungrace arrives. What will I need to fit?
I know and have seen links to the faceplate. What aerial adapter is required?
Here's a couple of pics of when I fitted Kenwood unit.

Old 29th November 2016, 10:08   #495
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Quick links to what I used:
fascia
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT23RO01-R...gAAOxyoVZTIkoT

Patch lead:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT20UV01-R...W-Z6K4_6X0EpzQ

Aerial
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoleads-...YAAOSwstxU3n3R

Cut male ends off the patch lead and connect to loom from DD, all the colours correspond correctly your male iso on car loom will then connect to female end of iso patch lead.

The fascia is NOT correct opening and requires lots of patience and filing, is a pig to fit but will go in neat.

Steering control wires are Blue/orange and Purple/Blue. On mine these were pins 2 & 3 on the grey iso on car loom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 11:45   #496
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

Well just got an email I'm getting my import fees refunded as I had ticked the option to cover this, so well happy with this company
Old 29th November 2016, 12:55   #497
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
OK hoping that this Rungrace arrives. What will I need to fit?
I know and have seen links to the faceplate. What aerial adapter is required?
Here's a couple of pics of when I fitted Kenwood unit.

Blooming ek! that is a lot of plugs and connections.

I've updated the first page so it should make it easier to refer back to installation SWC etc.
Old 29th November 2016, 16:38   #498
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Well mines in and working. Used SWMBO phone for a wifi hotspot and that worked ok, downloaded Spotify and the Mapfactor App. Spotify would not transfer to SD but Mapfactor did. Navigation working OK. Spotify working OK. Radio working and reverse camera OK. SWC working. Plenty to play with so should keep me busy for a while.
One quick question, can you listen to music and have the satnav working both at the same time?

Blackrose
Blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 17:03   #499
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
Well mines in and working. Used SWMBO phone for a wifi hotspot and that worked ok, downloaded Spotify and the Mapfactor App. Spotify would not transfer to SD but Mapfactor did. Navigation working OK. Spotify working OK. Radio working and reverse camera OK. SWC working. Plenty to play with so should keep me busy for a while.
One quick question, can you listen to music and have the satnav working both at the same time?

Blackrose
Yes you can! Well at least with mine you can. Just watch the volume though... The sat nav vn volume can be set from within the satnav programming indpendant of the music player.

It scared the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- out of me because it as considerably louder than expected!
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 18:11   #500
Dallas
This is my second home

Well done Steve and you didn't need to ring me not once, its all quite straight forward.

As Dave has mentioned the voice volume is loud at first, but you can go into settings and set the volume to your own comfortable level.