Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th January 2012, 20:03   #51
Banjo
Posted a thing or two

MG6 Magnette 1.8 Tci SE

''I believe very strongly that british territory should remain just that '' - Flyer

See - even you believe it George !
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:04   #52
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
There are two points here. The first is immortality for the Scottish politician that succeeded in getting independence for Scotland. The second is eternal infamy for the English politician that was in charge when it happened. High stakes for those concerned. For the rest of us it is rather more down to earth - will we have a job, a house and what would our standard of living be? For most people in both countries the latter is falling, but with independence it would fall even faster in Scotland. Face the facts, Scotland has nothing much beyond whisky and holidays and the weather being what it is these days your winter holiday attraction is almost non-existent.

Aye, we're all up for sending conde whenever we can.

Very true mate we aint got a thing going for us. Make's you wonder why the English are so keen for us to stay part of there union. Keep it up mate your doing the S.N.P'S job for them.
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:04   #53
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
''I believe very strongly that british territory should remain just that '' - Flyer

I wondered about that as well ??..
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:10   #54
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Crikey Fred I hope all this was said touch in cheek! Especially with the words under your signature.

I believe we are stronger united, as a collective we have created an empire (past tense), a collective language which is spoken through out the world to become the international language for business. The ninth largest economic power.

Quote:
It's not how the English treated the Scottish that is the point - as always it is how those with power have treated the masses. What was done to the average Jock was done as much by the powerful Jock - just as the powerful in England did to the masses here. It was, and is, entirely done to maintain their position. This is why the current position of the SNP, stirring up hatred of the English, is just a smoke screen. If you had them controlling a fully independent country it would be a sad, sick, pathetic little country.

Just to make my views clear I would be quite happy for Scotland and Wales to be independent and Ireland to be united. I would also be in favour of England not being in the EU and having robust immigration laws that included compulsory repatriation of anyone not an English citizen by birth.

I would also like to see Hadrian's Wall rebuilt, but much higher; Offa's Dyke re-dug, deeper and with shark infested water; and while we're at it, it wouldn't harm to widen the Irish Sea and have missile batteries on the Isle of Man to pick off the coracles heading our way. It goes without saying the channel tunnel should be flooded as a matter of urgency.
Quote:
There are two points here. The first is immortality for the Scottish politician that succeeded in getting independence for Scotland. The second is eternal infamy for the English politician that was in charge when it happened. High stakes for those concerned. For the rest of us it is rather more down to earth - will we have a job, a house and what would our standard of living be? For most people in both countries the latter is falling, but with independence it would fall even faster in Scotland. Face the facts, Scotland has nothing much beyond whisky and holidays and the weather being what it is these days your winter holiday attraction is almost non-existent.

Aye, we're all up for sending conde whenever we can.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:13   #55
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post

well excuse me but most british territory was siezed by the english , scotland AGREED to be part of a union and is therefore still a soveriegn nation so there .

and btw cutting the head off our queen didn,t exactly endear us to the english.

Last edited by FLYER; 9th January 2012 at 20:16..
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:16   #56
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ros3 View Post
Very true mate we aint got a thing going for us. Make's you wonder why the English are so keen for us to stay part of there union. Keep it up mate your doing the S.N.P'S job for them.
I doubt the English, as in the majority of people of that nationality, are so keen. As I explained earlier, it's those with power who are against it - they don't want their names to go down in history as the ones who allowed the Union to break up.

My serious view is that it is entirely at the wish of the majority of the country concerned whether they have independence or not.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:18   #57
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
I wondered about that as well ??..
i direct the honourable gentleman to my reply
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:20   #58
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Can we do Yorkshire next? I would like that
sikelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:20   #59
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
... and btw cutting the head off our queen didn,t exactly endear us to the english.
No, but it's been a real hoot that you've had to lick the backside of ours every time you wanted to post a letter.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:21   #60
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Make's you wonder why the English are so keen for us to stay part of there union. Keep it up mate your doing
not really 'england' doesn't think in any one way. Some will be as happy as you if scotland left, others gutted and everything in between.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote