Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st March 2010, 17:30   #51
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
I haven't but I checked with the testing station and he said it wasn't an issue to MOT with this issue. Its the air bag fault light I need to query, would it fail on this issue?
no but your mot will show 999,999 miles on it.
Air bag is fine, most probably the drivers side connector, disconnect battery un bolt front and back tx50 bolts, drop seat back, disconnect yellow und blue plug, check contacts and re connect or hardwire, plug in battery and bet it works
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 17:31   #52
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
I haven't but I checked with the testing station and he said it wasn't an issue to MOT with this issue. Its the air bag fault light I need to query, would it fail on this issue?
No if I remember correctly the ABS light being on is a failure but the Air bag light is not.
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 18:02   #53
italianstallion
Loves to post

Currently - Rover 75 Saloon

ok I'm confused, under the passengers seat toward the front, I have two small yellow connectors, one with a blue line on it, these are connected to wires. Perhaps these are the culprits but have no idea what to do?
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 18:06   #54
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
ok I'm confused, under the passengers seat toward the front, I have two small yellow connectors, one with a blue line on it, these are connected to wires. Perhaps these are the culprits but have no idea what to do?
one yellow connector is for air bag, one blue connector is for pretensioner, they are on both the drivers and passenger side, you may have additional connectors for heated / electric seats. It will either be the yellow or blue connector.

But getting to the point about the mileage- are you happy with the mot certif showing 999,999 I would recommend waiting to get it fixed and the correct will show thus not ruining the mot history and given yourself problems when coming to sell when people do hpi checks etc... You say it's mot 2009 so if it wasn;t the first of march you still have a bit of time left...
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 18:06   #55
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
With ign off ,disconnect the connectors and reconnect then turn ign on and see if it has solved problem

(Do Same with drivers seat)

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 18:20   #56
italianstallion
Loves to post

Currently - Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswood View Post
one yellow connector is for air bag, one blue connector is for pretensioner, they are on both the drivers and passenger side, you may have additional connectors for heated / electric seats. It will either be the yellow or blue connector.

But getting to the point about the mileage- are you happy with the mot certif showing 999,999 I would recommend waiting to get it fixed and the correct will show thus not ruining the mot history and given yourself problems when coming to sell when people do hpi checks etc... You say it's mot 2009 so if it wasn;t the first of march you still have a bit of time left...
Hi I'm happy to as I'm definitely not selling the car this year, any could probably explain the problem if I was. I might live with the 9's problem until next month, so I can save a bit, the whole getting the car up and on the road is cost a bit as you can imagine.

To be honest there are so many wires under both seats I have no idea which to try, a photo may help if there's a guide.
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:00   #57
amableson
Gets stuck in

Ex Rover 75 owner

It's nearly worth moving up to Leeds just to be near Stocktake, bless him!!!!

PS Love the car.
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:23   #58
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Quote:
Well I've got the V5 threw today, and at its last MOT which was March 2009, the milage was 31,200 miles, so give a years diving, and probably looking at less the 40k. Car is now insured, MOT in the morning, all looking good.

I am a HAPPY man
I'm not. I've lost the sweepstake!!!
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:53   #59
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

I was pretty close...

Damn that is less miles than mine has done!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote