Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th September 2014, 22:39   #51
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts
Default The Caldecotte Arms Movie

Just one last point to make, Smoking is one thing I am guilty of, but I don't drink, drink and drive, and neither do I smoke weed.
Thank you again folks for your constructive comments!
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 23:22   #52
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
OK guys, so I made a suggestion that "I" didn't agree with the colour scheme on my car as it has grey seats and grey carpets from factory, coupled with the grey/dark coloured dash panel being centre stage seemed to me a clash. My opinion as stated was ' I think its a gay mix of colours and favoured my choice of interior colour scheme which has removed the cream" I made no such reference to the photographer or any club member that they were themselves gay, or that their cars were gay, I expressed my opinion based on how I prefer a less mixed colour scheme in my car, and thought that was an OK thing to point out.
Now if it appears that I have to walk on egg shells around various club members, that's OK by me, although I'm not in the habit of making enemies. I have a number of club members happy to give me the time of day, accept who I am and get on well. They also have the sense to deal with situations they disagree with face to face, rather than using web based pity party tactics.
If I have caused such outrage, please accept my apologies, If I wanted to offend, believe me I can make a more memorable impression, but that was not my intention. I hope all the deeply hurt members can now rest knowing who I am, and do their best to avoid contact with such an awful person like me.
Clearly you are not the man who had said such things. If he is reading this I suspect he will not be making those comments again. Anyway he can't be anymore awful or boring than I am ...
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 05:58   #53
Bob Williams
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+

Many thanks for the production of the Black Pearl, which it will be known as from now! You have made an excellent job of making it look better than it is as all the chips and marks on the front bumper and wheel scuffs have disappeared. But I do need some new front tyres!
Bob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 08:41   #54
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Williams View Post
Many thanks for the production of the Black Pearl, which it will be known as from now! You have made an excellent job of making it look better than it is as all the chips and marks on the front bumper and wheel scuffs have disappeared. But I do need some new front tyres!
Cheers Bob thanks for that, I am still learning. Thanks for explaining about your number plate and the London and Northern Western Railway. What a fascinating project, if that is the right word. The changes you must have seen over the years and more recently around Kings Cross - Euston were I am guessing, challenging. I have 2 more films to do, one for P. Baker and one for Trophy Blue Tourer before I leave. By the way, I liked the Avons you had on the back
Old 30th September 2014, 18:13   #55
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Alli will say is sometimes people say things thast on reflection later they think later was better left unsaid, I am an expert in foot in mouth trust me having done it on several occasions, but we all human and one thingI have n oticed in our club is the generousity of other members and willingless to forgive fax paus that have been made on occassion. Anyway I hope to see many of you at the next meet at MK or at the Star on 12th Oct or Ruislip on 26th Oct which is similar to MK and has a carvery too so keeping prices down !!
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 18:36   #56
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
Alli will say is sometimes people say things thast on reflection later they think later was better left unsaid, I am an expert in foot in mouth trust me having done it on several occasions, but we all human and one thingI have n oticed in our club is the generousity of other members and willingless to forgive fax paus that have been made on occassion. Anyway I hope to see many of you at the next meet at MK or at the Star on 12th Oct or Ruislip on 26th Oct which is similar to MK and has a carvery too so keeping prices down !!
I too am an expert at "an expert in foot in mouth" and like you have the good grace to apologise if I inadvertently commit a faux pas. But one thing you and I would never do is criticise a fellow members car, unless of course it's one Yeti's.
(For the uninitiated, as fellow Guilfordians Yeti and I enjoy trading "insults" one up for me at the moment but I'm sure he will trump me asap).
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 18:52   #57
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

This post was supposed to be for John H but somehow it left that out, so have applied for an edit, hope it works.

I understand where you are coming from but when it comes to 75's and all the colour options, when buying second hand, we all have to accept the original owners choice of colour schemes. I looked at a lot before I chose mine, as I'm sure you and Gate Keeper did before choosing yours.

One man's meat is another man's poison, I should know as I own a Moonstone, but as you have had the good grace to own up to a slip of the tongue, I salute you and look forward to seeing you and your car, at future meets.

Last edited by alanjay; 30th September 2014 at 18:56.. Reason: Did not arrive as intended
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 19:42   #58
Bob Williams
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+

Colours are a personal thing anyway. I happen to be a fan of moonstone and once had a moonstone 75 Conny SE Tourer that colour. I will try to remember to bring a photo of it to the next meeting.

I sometimes feel it would be nice if people said what they think a bit more instead of just saying what is expected. For example I like to keep my car looking original but when I broke two springs Andy, Trophy Blue Tourer, suggested I consider ZT ones. I did and am thankful to him for suggesting it even though he knows I like originality - the car does ride a little lower but the handling is better and I hope the springs may last better.
Bob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 19:32   #59
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Default Trophy Blue Tourer

compliment to andy

http://youtu.be/MxBooFs_NXA
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:14   #60
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Williams View Post
Colours are a personal thing anyway. I happen to be a fan of moonstone and once had a moonstone 75 Conny SE Tourer that colour. I will try to remember to bring a photo of it to the next meeting.

I sometimes feel it would be nice if people said what they think a bit more instead of just saying what is expected. For example I like to keep my car looking original but when I broke two springs Andy, Trophy Blue Tourer, suggested I consider ZT ones. I did and am thankful to him for suggesting it even though he knows I like originality - the car does ride a little lower but the handling is better and I hope the springs may last better.
You are right of course Job colour is a personal choice,but for most buying a previously owned cars as ours are unless you have had it from new,the colour is a bit of a lottery to get the car and the spec level you want.

As to keeping to original specifications well I think that's up to the owner, I added cruise control,radio guys excellent win CE unit aftermarket alloys and ooh I turned it into a duotone from ubiquitous silver beloved of manafacturers.
The purists may wail moan and gnash their teeth but its about choice and makes the cars more individual, if someone doesn't like what I have done to my car I don't care one jot, I just feel sad they are so blinkered.
If someone can't be positive about a car I would say preferably to say nothing, rants over hope to see you again bob at a meet
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote