Notices

Old 17th January 2011, 16:52   #51
Villa Villan
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T 160 1.8T

All done

Cheers
Tony

Last edited by Villa Villan; 17th January 2011 at 17:09..
Villa Villan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 17:24   #52
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
As a member of the apathy party, i don,t think anything we do or say will have any effect on any politician
I am a great believer in what Billy Connolly said "the ambition to become a politician should automatically ban you from ever being one!"

Signed but whether anything will happen is another matter?

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 17:57   #53
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Signed.
Now, who's ready to march on Downing Street? Anyone...?
LeRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 18:22   #54
Livermpj
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club saloon

Me too!
I'm currently working in Italy, and have to say the prices here aren't exactly cheap either..... approx 1.32 for Diesel, 1.40 for Petrol (Euro's).

I can imagine a day where people start swapping engines from KV6 to CDT... I mean, how hard can it be? ;-)
Well, quite hard probably, but you know what I mean... Hey, how about that V6 diesel from the Passat/AudiA4/A6 etc? Mmm, best of both worlds.
Pete.
Livermpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 18:27   #55
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

If I am around, I will gladly march to protest.
Can anyone remember the 'winter of discontent'
when the unions brought the country to its feet?
OK maybe not the same now as the issues then were different - I must not stray off topic!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 18:45   #56
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Signed but doubt if it will make any difference at all.
The TAXATION on fuel has been more than over done for years with Governments being allowed to TAX at will. Fuel TAX, as near as dammit is to swearing, at about 70% of the cost to the end user is totally unacceptable.
However it is our own fault, as we just keep on accepting the TAX on TAX on TAX like meek little sheep. So, it is nothing but our own selves to blame, no one else.
Just stop buying the stuff.
Everyone put their car off the road for at least a 2 week period and then see what happens. It may take a longer period than 2weeks for things to change but its worth the effort isn't it????
Get organised for a start date, say the 1st of FEBRUARY, and MAKE it happen. Inconvenient? Yes, but surely worth the effort. £1.26 to £1.30 is just a ridiculous price to pay for just 1 small Litre of fuel, never mind a Gallon.
Will anyone do it. NO hope whatsoever, everyone will just keep on complaining and do absolutely nothing. Exactly what the robbing politicians have expected and lived on for years and years. So they get what they want, and you and me and everyone else, dance to their tune and pay the price for doing so.
ACT, or stop complaining!!!!!! If no action is taken then many many people will have no option but to take their cars off the road anyway as the figure of £2.00 per litre and and more, is not that for off. It is time we all wake up and do something about this appalling situation.
Regards
Telfer.

Last edited by Telferstr; 19th January 2011 at 15:58..
Telferstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 19:11   #57
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martynp View Post
The petitioner infers that Exxon is somehow associated with BP-----incorrect!
Recommends amongst others that Shell fuel should be purchased ----Why, if the thrust is against profits alledgedly made by multinationals.

So how much do you pay for a gallon of Beer?
Why no complaints?
That product does not have to be transported halfway around the world, refined in expensive to build & maintain Refineries----

All Governments have to balance the books, somehow---income should never be below expenditure or we are in trouble, as we well know to our common cost.

Our Government start collecting the minute they let blocks of the seas around our coasts
for exploration and all that that may cost the winning bidder

Agree with the motion if intention is to reduce tax on fuels at the pumps,
So where should that loss of income be levied instead? That's the $64 question!

Thought----do you really need a car in London, unless its a car supplied to Ministers in order for them to swan about at our expense?
Do you really expect Ministers, with their backgrounds, to understand the needs of ordinary folk----
Simple!!! THE GOVERNMENT ONLY SPENDS WHAT IT HAS. Stop borrowing, make real cuts in expenditure (not the the small amounts already done, which is just ******* in the wind) and only spend what you can earn.
I have to live like that and so do most responsible people in this country. The time has come for Governments, what ever shade they may be, to start acting accordingly. Then we may get somewhere.
Regards,
Telfer.

Last edited by Telferstr; 17th January 2011 at 19:14..
Telferstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 20:45   #58
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telferstr View Post
Signed but doubt if it will make any difference at all.
The TAXATION on fuel has been more than over done for years with Governments being allowed to TAX at will. Fuel TAX, as near as dammit is to swearing, at about 70% of the cost to the end user is totally unacceptable.
However it is our own fault, as we just keep on accepting the TAX on TAX on TAX like meek little sheep. So, it is nothing but our own selves to blame, no one else.
Just stop buying the stuff.
Everyone put their car off the road for at least a 2 week period and then see what happens. It may take a longer period than 2weeks for things to change but its worth the effort is'nt it????
Get organised for the a start date, say the 1st of FEBRUARY, and MAKE it happen. Inconvenient? Yes but surely worth the effort. £1.26 to £1.30 is just a ridiculous price to pay for just 1 small Litre of fuel, never mind a Gallon.
Will anyone do it. NO hope whatsoever, everyone will just keep on complaining and do absolutely nothing. Exactly what the robbing politicians have expected and lived on for years and years. So they get what they want, and you and me and everyone else, dance to their tune and pay the price for doing so.
ACT, or stop complaining!!!!!! If no action is taken then many many people will have no option but to take their cars off the road anyway as the figure of £2.00 and and more is not that for off. It is time we all wake up and do something about this appalling situation.
Regards
Telfer.
I couldn't agree with you more Telfer
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=75888

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 23:31   #59
Martynp
Passed Away

Rover 75 2.5V6 Tourer

I would be willing to take part in some kind of direct action/ demonstration which should be at the Houses of Parliament imo to make the most impact
I have never taken such action before in my lifetime-----

However I do not believe in blockading the petrol companies----that just causes us the population too much grief
Doctors/ Hospital visits to name a couple
Just hurts the country some more imo----

One thing we can all do to help ourselves is to PLAN our car usage----gone are the days when many of us can just drive around at a whim.
Martynp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 09:14   #60
Tractor Boy
Posted a thing or two

75 contempary, ZT now sold

martynp asks why we dont complain at the price of beer, we dont need to buy beer to get us to work, simples. I spend about £35 a day on petrol to earn my living, I cant put my prices up so I loose out, as fuel goes up my wages go down. I think we should all drive down to london to demonstrate but I cant afford the fuel to do it