Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: London & The South
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th October 2012, 18:31   #51
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Good thought phil its worth looking into and anthony ie in the shed might like to pursue that one for us while bob takes a well earned rest for a while if not I could follow up on it after the weekend meet at HH do you remember how much parking space they have there ?

Mike
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 18:54   #52
Woof25
Passed Away

Done a quick scan to check it out it seems to have changed hands recently due to the economic downturn but sounds like the new owners are building up trade again Its call the Waggon and Horses as phil said and is located between elstree and radley on watling street the telephone number is 020 8953 1406 and the postcode is WD6 3AA for anyone who might be close enough to do a recce, it would be good to have an addition to our list and next year the Ace Cafe maybe who knows !! i do know they get booked up very fast there so we would have to be quick off the mark there only one rule you buy your food and drinks there as they charge nothing for the venue they do have a website for anyone who hankers for the 50's and the ton up boys truth be told a lot of bikes back then could,nt quite make the ton LOL but why quibble its the legend that counts

Hope london members find the info helpful

Mike
Old 18th October 2012, 19:00   #53
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
Good thought phil its worth looking into and anthony ie in the shed might like to pursue that one for us while bob takes a well earned rest for a while if not I could follow up on it after the weekend meet at HH do you remember how much parking space they have there ?

Mike
Thanks Mike. A fair bit of space and Reebs can confirm given a National was held there.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 20:00   #54
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Hi All,

Im looking to be at the HH meet with Saffy this weekend, my first so please be gentle lol.

OK so we have a few people interested, I will look into W&H and make some inquiries, so if any of you have any other ideas let me know.

I am also a biker and would like go to the Ace Cafe as not been before, think they get booked early so maybe we could plan one for future there.

Looking forward to seeing you all at some stage, if not this weekend.

Regards

Tony ( not in the Shed atm lol)
Mr_Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 12:18   #55
Woof25
Passed Away

Glad to hear you get out of the shed tony, and dont worry we wont savage saffy, most are gentlemen and ladies LOL & Woof has impeccable manners of course!! hopefully the venue wount be too crowded with prospective brides and their mothers !!! but ther is a little chef on sight we can retreat to for lunch for anyone who prers not to make the trek to the meadowlark, which has had some very varied reviews regarding food and service but still it seemed ok if nothing special on my last visit there on our run to celebrate the 2 year anniversary of meets at HH

look forward to meeting you on sunday and maybe with bob kick around a few ideas for london meets
Old 19th October 2012, 12:35   #56
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

I would be happy to drive down for a N/London meet but can I put my vote in for 'please avoid Ace cafe and A406 in general' .

I've had some terrible journeys there even on weekends so tend not to go.

Cheers
Old 19th October 2012, 12:39   #57
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
Glad to hear you get out of the shed tony, and dont worry we wont savage saffy, most are gentlemen and ladies LOL & Woof has impeccable manners of course!! hopefully the venue wount be too crowded with prospective brides and their mothers !!! but ther is a little chef on sight we can retreat to for lunch for anyone who prers not to make the trek to the meadowlark, which has had some very varied reviews regarding food and service but still it seemed ok if nothing special on my last visit there on our run to celebrate the 2 year anniversary of meets at HH

look forward to meeting you on sunday and maybe with bob kick around a few ideas for london meets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmastiff View Post
I would be happy to drive down for a N/London meet but can I put my vote in for 'please avoid Ace cafe and A406 in general' .

I've had some terrible journeys there even on weekends so tend not to go.

Cheers
Gentlemen,

Thought I would strike while the iron is hot and get something arranged. Please see my post for event at the Waggon and Horses on 3rd November.

Regards

Tony
Old 19th October 2012, 16:42   #58
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Back in August I visited the 'Waggon and Horses Pub' not far from Elstree / St. Albans and met the new management.

As some will remember, a National Meet was held there and was successful.

By coincidence, the new owner is also called Rob and I know he had been holding a National Meet for Super Car Owners at the pub. He did tell me he would welcome the O.C club back.

I realise there are plenty of suggestions for venues on the go at the moment. All positive stuff, just add this one in for future consideration.
Thanks Mr. Shed for taking over from Bob whilst he has a rest and recuperates from his busy schedule of arranging the meets. It is really very kind of you to propose the Waggon and Horses for a meet and for getting it together. Rob is a nice chap and I am confident he will try and help out if a meet for Nov 3rd is not convenient. I met him when I went to the pub back in the summer whilst tracking down the other Rob (former landlord) and his Dorchester Red S reg. Another story I won't go into
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 20:54   #59
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thanks Mr. Shed for taking over from Bob whilst he has a rest and recuperates from his busy schedule of arranging the meets. It is really very kind of you to propose the Waggon and Horses for a meet and for getting it together. Rob is a nice chap and I am confident he will try and help out if a meet for Nov 3rd is not convenient. I met him when I went to the pub back in the summer whilst tracking down the other Rob (former landlord) and his Dorchester Red S reg. Another story I won't go into
Hi Gate Keeper,

Thats ok, fairly new here but thought would be a way to meet people and get involved tbh, my life isnt too hectic atm, long story wont bore you, and I quite like organising things. Yeah Rob seem quite amicable with us attending so didnt take a lot of convincing.

The general concensus from my new post is a Sunday would be prefered so please anyone provide your input over this weekend.

Regards

Tony
Old 19th October 2012, 23:21   #60
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Shed View Post
Hi Gate Keeper,

Thats ok, fairly new here but thought would be a way to meet people and get involved tbh, my life isnt too hectic atm, long story wont bore you, and I quite like organising things. Yeah Rob seem quite amicable with us attending so didnt take a lot of convincing.

The general concensus from my new post is a Sunday would be prefered so please anyone provide your input over this weekend.

Regards

Tony

With some previous experiance I would say always go for a Sunday meet if you can... I tried a Saturday meet once and the turnout was far less than that of a Sunday...

I think most blokes get the Sunday off in exchange for a trip out with the missus on Saturday!!!

You do get some women attending with their other halves, but lets face it a majority of women are not to fussed over our cars and are quite happy to get us out of the way!!

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote