Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th May 2011, 19:20   #51
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
while i understand why Richard did stepped down, i think he would need to be sure he wanted to take up the role again! after the palaver when some one voted against him and how upset he was (toys out of the cot style), only to leave a short time later. The person who takes the role needs to be sure they can commit
Very succinctly worded if I may say so - when I tried to comment at the time I was shot down in flames etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Being the Norf West RS is no big deal, in this area there is not much interest in doing anything anyway..

E.G As far as I know.... . No one even bothers to attend the monthly meets at the Hollow tree these days....
Think you're correct there James, I only managed the first one and since something has always clashed with the meetings. When and if we do get an RS for the North West we really need to have meets more on the lines of your Colwyn Bay trip, other areas seem to do it on a regular basis.

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st October 2012 at 02:23.. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 30th May 2011, 19:41   #52
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Ellow Jimbo. Even the Colwyn bay outings were poorly attended. One car the first time! Frank Incensed turned up and that was it from the North West!! The 2nd one was slightly better, but even so we only managed seven cars from our area, and the area is HUGE.

Peeps just don't seem to be interested...

The good news is, other areas hold meets so we can attend those if we like.
Old 30th May 2011, 19:57   #53
fse73549
The Best Car In The World

Rover 75 Connie se Tourer

You are spot on James. You only have to look at the turn out we had on saturday in Yorkshire, a good location and good turn out. I don't think it helped when some of them spat their dummy and went off to the other club. We do need an RS but nobody wants to put their head up for it to be shot off. We might have to merge the Yorkshire and Lancshire together after all we get to drive our great cars a little further.
Old 31st May 2011, 08:18   #54
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Yes James I tend to travel into "other" areas for their meets, as you know thats why I couldn't attend the last Colwyn Bay one as I was in Devon at a charity event. I was at the Prestcott Hill Climb meet on Sunday so couldn't make the Yorks meet the day before, the good lady frowns at two meets over the same weekend as I have to give her at least an hours driving practice - bliss.

I'm off to France in just over a week, then all I've got planned are a couple of meets on the 12th and 24th July so if anything comes up in the NW in the future I'll attend.

Cheers Jim
Old 31st May 2011, 13:31   #55
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fse73549 View Post
We might have to merge the Yorkshire and Lancshire together .
Yeah, like thats going to happen

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 31st May 2011, 13:59   #56
bobgrice
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon 1.8t

We could come together and have a pink rose as our symbol
Old 31st May 2011, 14:30   #57
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Yes James I tend to travel into "other" areas for their meets, as you know thats why I couldn't attend the last Colwyn Bay one as I was in Devon at a charity event. I was at the Prestcott Hill Climb meet on Sunday so couldn't make the Yorks meet the day before, the good lady frowns at two meets over the same weekend as I have to give her at least an hours driving practice - bliss.

I'm off to France in just over a week, then all I've got planned are a couple of meets on the 12th and 24th July so if anything comes up in the NW in the future I'll attend.

Cheers Jim
Hi Jim,

My apologies for encrotching into another region,Derek & I are looking into another Gretna meet,the date that seems,at the moment to be suitable for most looks like being Sun 31st July.
Obviously,arrangements will have to be confirmed by Gretna themselves,as to us being allowed that date, before being posted officially,but if we get the go-ahead for this,I just wondered,as you attended last year,would this be of interest for you to attend again.
Again if we do get the go-ahead for this date and with permission,I would be delighted to place this in the NorthWest Region,to see if we can attract some good numbers from down your way to attend.
As last year it will be classed as an Anglo-Scottish meet and as you know is a very convenient location to get to from North/South being just off the M74,so would be delighted if we could get as many members as possible to attend.

Best Regards.

John.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:44   #58
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fse73549 View Post
We might have to merge the Yorkshire and Lancshire together
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Yeah, like thats going to happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgrice View Post
We could come together and have a pink rose as our symbol
Argue amongst yourselves lol, don't forget both areas don't just consist of Yorkshire and Lancashire
Old 31st May 2011, 14:46   #59
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejon View Post
Hi Jim,

My apologies for encrotching into another region,Derek & I are looking into another Gretna meet,the date that seems,at the moment to be suitable for most looks like being Sun 31st July.
Obviously,arrangements will have to be confirmed by Gretna themselves,as to us being allowed that date, before being posted officially,but if we get the go-ahead for this,I just wondered,as you attended last year,would this be of interest for you to attend again.
Again if we do get the go-ahead for this date and with permission,I would be delighted to place this in the NorthWest Region,to see if we can attract some good numbers from down your way to attend.
As last year it will be classed as an Anglo-Scottish meet and as you know is a very convenient location to get to from North/South being just off the M74,so would be delighted if we could get as many members as possible to attend.

Best Regards.

John.
No problem John, I'd be very interested in another meet at Gretna might even manage to get the good lady to come with me.

I've made a note in my diary and I'll keep a watch out for the thread.

Cheers, nice to hear from you.

Jim
Old 31st May 2011, 16:31   #60
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Very succinctly worded if I may say so - when I tried to comment at the time I was shot down in flames etc.
well i thought the word "Tantrum" was a little strong
Closed Thread