Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th February 2010, 16:08   #591
Nick999
Posted a thing or two

Ex ZT160 ZS180 ZT190

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiChiMan View Post
Has anyone got a photo of the gps antenna in place ?
I mounted my GPS antenna out of sight behind the unit.. My portable TomTom always worked OK with a built in antenna, so I chanced the double din unit would be the same. Yes i can confirm perfect full signal!

Nick.
Old 19th February 2010, 16:21   #592
Ajd1
Gets stuck in

75 Connie SE CDT Saloon

Hadn't thought of doing that, I always thought it had to have a clear view of the sky.

Could be moving mine tomorrow now.

Andy
Old 19th February 2010, 16:22   #593
TaiChiMan
Tourers Rule

75 CDTi Contemporary Tourer

Thanks Andy

I had to zoom in a lot to find it ! looks good

Jim
Old 19th February 2010, 16:27   #594
TaiChiMan
Tourers Rule

75 CDTi Contemporary Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick999 View Post
I mounted my GPS antenna out of sight behind the unit.. My portable TomTom always worked OK with a built in antenna, so I chanced the double din unit would be the same. Yes i can confirm perfect full signal!

Nick.
That's interesting - all I need to do now is buy one
Old 19th February 2010, 19:35   #595
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiChiMan View Post
That's interesting - all I need to do now is buy one

The antenna is magnetic, and just slightly behind and above the unit inside the dash is a steel cross member. I just stuck mine on the top of that magnetically and also get full strength signals. Just been from Wrexham to Buxton and back and it never missed a beat.

The radio on the other hand did. Reception on the move is pretty poor over the moors. So still on the look out for a Harmony aerial amplifier if anyone has one lying around.
Old 20th February 2010, 10:44   #596
Mannie
Avid contributor

MGZT-T 260 Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannie View Post
OK, now, you have probably seen my posts on this regarding no or little TT sat nav voice volume. Well today I lost the volume from my right hand front speaker this resulted in me having to crank the balance right over to at least hear something out of that speaker and of course cranking the overall volume up on the whole system to balance it all out. The upshot is with the volume at this level (almost full) I can now hear the sat nav voice. I need help................................. is there some one local to Shirley B'ham who has one and can either help the unit or shoot me I don't care which at the mo. I am willing to to pay for the help so over to your good selves to put one of us out of our collective misery. Thanks in advance Martin

PS willing to travel some distance (if needs) to get the help I/we need
Volumes ok on both channels on the C/D??????????????

Sorry if you have already read this but before I contact Cathy I would like to be able to confirm (as much as I can ) that this is installed ok and that I think this could be a fault on the unit any help would be brill Ta
Old 20th February 2010, 15:09   #597
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Happy to have a look at it when you come over here Martin....you never know..a new pair of eyes and all that?
Old 20th February 2010, 18:13   #598
T C G 1

rover 75 CDT saloon auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
The antenna is magnetic, and just slightly behind and above the unit inside the dash is a steel cross member. I just stuck mine on the top of that magnetically and also get full strength signals. Just been from Wrexham to Buxton and back and it never missed a beat.

The radio on the other hand did. Reception on the move is pretty poor over the moors. So still on the look out for a Harmony aerial amplifier if anyone has one lying around.
Hi David, i have had my mg8733 unit since december, i also had a symphony & cd player. ijust plugged the symphony aerial plug into the unit , excellent reception from all stations. can not fault this unit , 1st class.
Old 20th February 2010, 18:41   #599
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by T C G 1 View Post
Hi David, i have had my mg8733 unit since december, i also had a symphony & cd player. ijust plugged the symphony aerial plug into the unit , excellent reception from all stations. can not fault this unit , 1st class.

What year is your car? Was there a second smaller connection on your symphony?

I've improved mine a lot today by installing a screen mount aerial vertically up the side of the rear window. I tapped in to the power supply for the diversity amplifier, and also connected in to the coax for the original amp to get the signal down to the front of the car. Its much better, but still not as perfect as the symphony was. The sound quality of MP3's on the other hand is much much better, so more than compensates for the radio's shortcomings.

The fact that this worked, proves that the problem is with my aerial and not with the unit itself. I just need to find a better amplification for the signal.
Old 20th February 2010, 19:14   #600
T C G 1

rover 75 CDT saloon auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
What year is your car? Was there a second smaller connection on your symphony?

I've improved mine a lot today by installing a screen mount aerial vertically up the side of the rear window. I tapped in to the power supply for the diversity amplifier, and also connected in to the coax for the original amp to get the signal down to the front of the car. Its much better, but still not as perfect as the symphony was. The sound quality of MP3's on the other hand is much much better, so more than compensates for the radio's shortcomings.

The fact that this worked, proves that the problem is with my aerial and not with the unit itself. I just need to find a better amplification for the signal.
hi mycar is a W reg 2000, there was no smaller conection on mine. it looks as though it is your aerial thats the problem.
Closed Thread