Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > News Bulletins > Discussion
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st July 2018, 13:44   #61
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

It would be comical if it weren't so tragic. I see a headline from today that Hunt - the foreign secretary who momentarily forgot which country his own wife is from - is urging France and Germany to "overrule" Barnier in order to avoid a no deal outcome. Never mind the fact that Barnier takes his guidance from the heads of the EU27. This just after the farce of May setting in motion a series of visits to individual countries to try to negotiate with them directly, immediately after Barnier explained that there's no point in trying to negotiate with individual countries directly ... Never mind the amount of wasted time, effort and political capital spent by the government earlier in the month on thrashing out which version of proposals they would be presenting for rejection. Ah well, at least that got Boris & Dave off our screens for a while.

In terms of its international standing, the UK is now somewhere between a laughing stock and a lame donkey. The promises have gone from "we'll give the NHS £350,000,000 extra per week" to "don't worry, we won't run out of food or medicine, especially now that we've asked the supermarkets to organise it all for us by changing their entire business model".

Still, at least the lorry park outside Dover will be visible from space, so that's something. A glorious future awaits.
A Nigerian mother of three
Old 31st July 2018, 14:43   #62
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
Given they and we have dedicated people to sort this out, I wonder what is really going on here, unfortunately I'm not smart enough to work it out..
Simple really,We have the EU who are determind to make it as difficult for us to leave because they are frightened of loosing our money which will stop the Gravy Train,They are also scared of other countries following.

And secondly we have a PM who is at heart a Remainer.

Time to get rid of both.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Old 31st July 2018, 14:56   #63
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
It would be comical if it weren't so tragic. I see a headline from today that Hunt - the foreign secretary who momentarily forgot which country his own wife is from - is urging France and Germany to "overrule" Barnier in order to avoid a no deal outcome. Never mind the fact that Barnier takes his guidance from the heads of the EU27. This just after the farce of May setting in motion a series of visits to individual countries to try to negotiate with them directly, immediately after Barnier explained that there's no point in trying to negotiate with individual countries directly ... Never mind the amount of wasted time, effort and political capital spent by the government earlier in the month on thrashing out which version of proposals they would be presenting for rejection. Ah well, at least that got Boris & Dave off our screens for a while.

In terms of its international standing, the UK is now somewhere between a laughing stock and a lame donkey. The promises have gone from "we'll give the NHS £350,000,000 extra per week" to "don't worry, we won't run out of food or medicine, especially now that we've asked the supermarkets to organise it all for us by changing their entire business model".

Still, at least the lorry park outside Dover will be visible from space, so that's something. A glorious future awaits.

All good points and notice how the so called ‘Brexit Dividend’ of £350,000,000 extra per week for the NHS, has now morphed into a Health Tax - details in the forthcoming budget in November - can’t wait!
Old 31st July 2018, 18:53   #64
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:

Hilarious Andy! Remind me, who was it in the campaign, and names and citations would help, before the referendum that said that bit about, to use your inverted commas, “we’ll give the NHS £350million extra per week” and “don’t worry, we won’t run out of food or medicine etc, etc”?

By the way, “the lorry park that will be visible from space”, well done! On the 6 o’clock news just an hour ago there was a segment from a traffic helicopter (a BBC one as well!) showing that lorry park is there even now! Miles and miles and miles of it. Has it started already? No, wait a minute, it’s been like that since the tunnel opened! Perhaps it’s just the advance queue for next March 29! Oh no, it’s the empties going back for more exports to eager UK and (from Holyhead) to Irish markets!
Old 31st July 2018, 19:43   #65
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Ah of course, sticking it on the side of a bus meant it WASN'T meant to be taken seriously. No siree bob. Good of them to support the struggling advertising industry by spending the No campaign money on a joke ... except the joke's on us.

Maybe I imagined all that stuff about any notion that we might need to stockpile food and medicine., or the disastrous impact on the UK of leaving the UK with no deal, on which Rees-Mogg et al seem so keen. Same as the stuff about the lorry park. Still, at least the car industry stands to be in much better shape.
A Nigerian mother of three
Old 31st July 2018, 19:45   #66
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
An interesting take given the remain campaign's Project Fear and the establishments cultivation of foreign heads of state and international institutions to try to scare the British public into voting to remain.

And well done to the public for resisting the lies and vested interest of the ppolitical class and chiefs of industry who had grown fat living on cheap imported labour for decades whilst the British working class saw their wages suppressed year after year.

The oft quoted £350m a week for the Health Service? Whilst not defending the bunch of tories who paraded this on the side of the bus. The words do not in any way shape or fashion promise £350m a week for the Health service and I suggest that anyone who interprets the actual words to mean this really need to go back to school and complete their English comprehension course however low the educational standards in this country have become.

Of course those who quote the bus slogan as meaning that the wording actually states that £350m a week will be spent on the NHS have really bought into the repeat a lie enough times and (people will believe it) it simply doesn't state that.

I am sick to death of hearing simpletons moaning that there wasn't enough information for them to judge on. Putting to side the disgraceful Cameron £9m government leaflet sent to every home, every single news outlet, TV channel, Newspaper, website pararded wall to wall EU referendum coverage for month after month after month up to the actual vote.

I was bored stiff with hearing aboput it all and yet we still have morons saying that there wasn't enough information for them to make an informed decision.

Heaven help us that these people are even allowed a vote if they were so unaware of months and months and months of all pervading Eu Referendum Gumph every hour of the day.

Who can remember the esteemedd nobody Sir Nick Clegg screaming on TV that those pointing out the plans for an EU army were LIARS! And that claims of total integration into a single EU state were again LIES!

Well the only liar to emerge from that little lot is of course Mr Clegg as the EU ploughs on with it's formation of an EU army amidst repeated statements of intent that total integration is the way forward for the EU and must happen.

I'm sure that those rewhingers banging on about lies, lies and more lies must really hate it that so many of us remember the lies that were told in 1973 and the referendum in 1975 that the EC was just a common trading market which could generate jobs for the UK.

They clearly forgot the bit about years later forming an EU superstate plus the formation of an EU parliament etc etc.

Some warned what was going to happen and of course eventually did happen but were called LIARS! Just as those advocating a Leave vote were and still are by rewhingers including the poster in the missive above.

I suppose that they also missed the treacherous Edward Heath admitting a couple of years before his death that he used British fishing waters to buy membership and that he had lied to the British public as to the true nature of what he had taken the UK into because in his own words ' it was the only way he could swing it'

We had no vote to join the Common market of course if you recall.

So all in all a touch rich of some to scream Liars, Liars, Liars at those stating the obvious in regards to the EU when the whole nation was lied to when we were initially taken in without a vote.

I'm more than hapy to debate all day long on this subject and am more than confident that my knowledge of the undemocratic scam that is the EU will more than counter any amount of rewhinging.

So 'simpletons' voting no caused all this? I applaud your superior intellect.

37% of 'the people' voted to leave the EU and they are obviously the only people who matter! To suggest they were voting for more jobs, an end to austerity, reduced immigration and more NHS funding rather than anything at all to do with the EU would quite frankly be treasonous wouldn't it!
Old 31st July 2018, 19:50   #67
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Hilarious Andy! Remind me, who was it in the campaign, and names and citations would help, before the referendum that said that bit about, to use your inverted commas, “we’ll give the NHS £350million extra per week” and “don’t worry, we won’t run out of food or medicine etc, etc”?

By the way, “the lorry park that will be visible from space”, well done! On the 6 o’clock news just an hour ago there was a segment from a traffic helicopter (a BBC one as well!) showing that lorry park is there even now! Miles and miles and miles of it. Has it started already? No, wait a minute, it’s been like that since the tunnel opened! Perhaps it’s just the advance queue for next March 29! Oh no, it’s the empties going back for more exports to eager UK and (from Holyhead) to Irish markets!
Just to jog memories!!
None other than BJ himself
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 212C8A8F-94F8-4CE6-837C-8B2F006F9252.jpg (8.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 1st August 2018, 07:34   #68
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Whichever way you look at Brexit in or out it looks like a total mess at the moment especially Trump has started a tariff war, where does this leave us with our ambition to trade worldwide..
Old 1st August 2018, 13:53   #69
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Ah of course, sticking it on the side of a bus meant it WASN'T meant to be taken seriously. No siree bob. Good of them to support the struggling advertising industry by spending the No campaign money on a joke ... except the joke's on us.

Maybe I imagined all that stuff about any notion that we might need to stockpile food and medicine., or the disastrous impact on the UK of leaving the UK with no deal, on which Rees-Mogg et al seem so keen. Same as the stuff about the lorry park. Still, at least the car industry stands to be in much better shape.
Oh Andy, you really should widen your reading matter if you want to get the full s.p!

All your links except one are to the Guardian! Only read by City bankers and lawyers! Infamous for its traditional habit of distorting facts to suit a particular agenda! Amongst many others, I recommend a subscription to the Spectator for a faithful balance of views. Since 1828, a wide ranging collection of commentators giving views with widely divergent opinions! Cheap as well! Or plenty of on line outlets!

The one link you gave that isn’t to the G. is a direct and unchallenged quote from Dominic Grieve! If ever a man wasn’t trusted to bend towards pragmatism...

You make no reference to the earlier post regarding the appointment of a trade negotiator with a proven track record in the field who mysteriously has received vanishingly small mention in the press. Why not?

The bus! You blandly rephrase the wording to suit an agenda and then use quotation marks to imply, no, accuse, B. Johnson of lying! Nuff said.

The placard! In a meeting B.J. did not organise. Photo shopped by others? That’s a curiously small stage! Embarrassing? Yes, and largely by over-enthusiastic enemies! Very different from what was actually both said and on the side of a bus!

I can only repeat my earlier request that evidence of the man himself or anyone else saying the words that you said they said! The facts, just the facts! I’m sure that with the right goggles on I could misinterpret almost anything! Obviously, always with the best of intentions!
Old 1st August 2018, 13:57   #70
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post
Just to jog memories!!
None other than BJ himself

Thanks Stephen! Not the bus then. So, are you saying B.J. did say what Andy said?