Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th January 2024, 18:34   #61
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Well, it seems my popularity is growing. After the BBC the other station showing interest is ITV. So it looks that both Daniel and Jenny will be with me from 10.30. The BBC Spotlight crew are due to arrive at 11.00 and the ITV will possibly arrive by 11.45.

Had a cracking sleep last night, went to bed at 21.30 and woke up at 07.00 just as Karen arrived to “stab” me, then I dozed off again and finally got out of bed at 09.45.
Strip down wash and then got dressed. Made my breakfast, once I had cleared up I opened one of the patio doors to let some fresh air in. What with the glorious sunshine streaming in I was able to keep the door open till a chilly wind arrived about 14.30.

Paid the bill for Banana over the phone. Shopped around for some car insurance for Banana.
The postie brought two parcels around and asked me if I would hold them for Karen. Of course.
The postie is an ex professional footballer, played for Plymouth Argyle, before retiring from injury. Anyway he showed me some leg exercises I could do. I did try a few till I got tired, but will persist with them.

At last I have got the right name for the ladies that come in to me everyday. Turns out the department is called HomeLife, goodness knows where I got the other names from. And they are part of the NHS.
Nicola from HomeLife arrived, her 2nd visit with me. She made me a cuppa, then made my bed and last job is to empty the loo. Not the best of jobs but the ladies take it all in their stride.

Once she had gone, I re-framed a couple of photographs. Look better in the leather bound frames. Next job was to prepare my dinner, pork chop with spuds and sprouts.
Before I knew it Karen was home and over to me for my evening jab. Then she collected her parcels and was gone.

Had my dinner, a nice juicy Braeburn for dessert. Washed up and everything put away. PJ’s on and watching the snooker. Tablets taken, and relax.

Next instalment soon.

234,744. Next tour starts on the 5/07/24.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2024, 10:29   #62
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Not often am I the other side of the camera, so here is a photo of a happy looking Bob.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 419346289_7231446043604500_2797988385258723088_n.jpg (134.6 KB, 31 views)

onen hag oll
Old 20th January 2024, 12:06   #63
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Not quite a selfie then Bob? Good to see you smiling!
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2024, 05:02   #64
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
It took three sturdy blokes to get me down the stairs and into my new bed.

Karen cooked me some dinner, Marion made the tea and the blokes watched on.

My boiler has stopped working, the ignition has failed. So Karen phoned British Gas via call centre in the Far East. Well, it took over an hour of stern words and what it boiled down to is that gas engineers couldn’t come out to work a domestic problem as it was too dark. But they will come out tomorrow between 08.00-13.00.
So I have temporary heating via two electric heaters.

The care assistant arrived at 18.45 and helped me wash, plus my bits. Watched how I used the zimmer frame, pointed out how high needed to bend the damaged leg. She washed up my dinner things and made me a cuppa, pretty young lady who loves her job.

So now I can watch telly from the comfort of my electric bed.

We will see what tomorrow brings.
On the 19 December I was in Resuscitation for 12 hours and whilst I was there, I saw 2 patients die in front of me. They had cardiac arrests which they did not recover from and after they passed, the curtain’s in my bay were closed so I could not see them being taken away.

Bob you are stronger than you think and you will get through this just as I did.

Don’t forget, keep wiggling your toes!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2024, 17:06   #65
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Karen and Gerry came in today and moved the hospital bed round. Now I’m able to sleep overlooking the garden rather than watching the telly and falling asleep. Then I cannot sleep at night.

The raised armchair is back in from the telly with the footstool.
Marion popped in and tidied up the kitchen and moved a few bits around. Busy day tomorrow as I’m having a new boiler installed so the kitchen area needed to be sorted.

Gail arrived from HomeFirst and didn’t recognise the place. All changed round now, even the kettle has been moved. Plus the loo has been turned round thus giving me a bit more privacy when sitting on the loo. Now not in full view of the main door from the porch.

onen hag oll
Old 22nd January 2024, 05:05   #66
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Next Tuesday morning I am being interviewed by the BBC Spotlight programme about my views on the NHS and the support that I have received after my fall. No idea when it will be televised at this moment in time. But if I can give the NHS and the Home Life group a boost, then I’m glad to help.

Had a good day today as well. Banana is home and Allen took the wee car for a decent run to Tesco’s to get my shopping. It’s now 34 days since my fall.
Good morning Bob

100%, don’t forget to ask for a DVD or record of your interview for the Banana collection. Years ago I did an interview on BBC Breakfast News on hostage rescue and insurance. At the time, the discussion was current and I had to be careful what I said as the interview was Live but it was a memorable experience.

Enjoy the day and do write it up, it will be your 5 minutes of fame.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2024, 11:15   #67
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

The interviews went well. Both cameramen also done the interviews, the ITV camera was a lot bigger than the one from the BBC.
And I’ll be on Radio Cornwall tomorrow morning on a Live programme.

The new boiler is bloomin lovely, so quiet after the old one. I was using the old one as my morning alarm clock. As soon as it fired up I knew it was 06.30, but this one is the total opposite.
I have phoned the boss at the plumbers and thanked her for the efficient way the workers carried out the job with no mess, they cleared up as they went along.
And they have left tools behind, so I’m waiting on them to return to collect. They are no good to me.

onen hag oll
Old 24th January 2024, 14:35   #68
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

So with the help of an angle grinder, hammer and chisel and plaster spreaders I’m now out of plaster and into a AirBoot. Back to Derriford in 6 weeks for a check up. If it’s healed then back to normal, if not then the ankle will have to be plated and pinned.

But at least I can now put my full weight on the ankle. I still have to use my MG Zimmer frame till both my confidence is back 100% and whatever the physio says on Monday. Hoping to be able to get back upstairs to my bed. And I do need a nice shower. But first things first.

I need to keep putting the cream on my legs but I can now stop having the blood thinning injections, which will be good news for both Karen and myself. My stomach is well bruised on the left but not on the right side.
Allen and Val have absolutely fabulous in looking after me. My neighbours will be well rewarded over the next few months.

I have nothing but praise for the NHS, Adult Social Services and the ladies from HomeFirst East. Along with various other agencies who sprang into action after my accident.

Many thanks for the kind words, and the pm’s.

onen hag oll
Old 24th January 2024, 15:04   #69
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Come on Bob, you could have stood outside for a shower.

Good luck on Monday, but whatever, take it easy.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2024, 15:51   #70
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Come on Bob, you could have stood outside for a shower.

Good luck on Monday, but whatever, take it easy.
Thanks Fred, hope to able to make a breakfast meet in a few months time.

onen hag oll