Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th April 2014, 20:49   #751
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Smile

What a fantastic weekend! Enjoyed POL despite the queues and freezing cold - at least it didn't rain like last year, and today was unbelievable. I know the organisation that goes into such events, having been Treasurer (and on the Committee) of the Triumph 2000/2500 Owners Club for the past 22 years, so I thank everyone who gave their time, energy and help. It was nice to meet up and put some faces to the names on the Forums.

Once again thanks to all.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 21:05   #752
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Can only echo what everyone else has said really...

Great day and great weather....

Great to catch up with new and old faces and see so many of the Marque in one place that were so well cared for....

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 21:11   #753
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Thanks to all who attended for making the meeting one to remember. And thanks for picking out my ticket in the raffle!
I avoided the sunburn by wearing a silly hat all day! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos taken from the roof.
Don't get too excited....!
When you get up there you find out that the lower roof obscured half of the cars on display so couldn't get everything in which was a shame
Next time round they have offered the club the use of the Cherry Picker to get a 'proper' wide angle effort
I shall post up the pictures from up top tomorrow as I've only just got back home and haven't the energy to start uploading photos

Anyhow, a massive thank you to the green team who organised a fantastic weekend and I for one have had a great time admiring the cars and meeting many members for the first time even though I feel through here I've known them for ages

A big thank you for the North East crew for lending us the gazebo to set up shop from as well, very much appreciated....Thanks Guys
Old 13th April 2014, 21:17   #754
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

A big thank you for the North East crew for lending us the gazebo to set up shop from as well, very much appreciated....Thanks Guys
Just typical of what we do here Jeff lol

Last edited by RPWC; 13th April 2014 at 21:22..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 21:30   #755
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Along with other members,Jan & I would like to sincerely thank the Team,Members & all concerned,for making the entire weekend such a success & so special,on this,the 15th anniversary of our beloved 75's,many thanks,keep it going Chap's.

We would also like to congratulate the Club on attaining the record attendance of 139 cars,well done & many thanks to all who made this possible,the magic figure of 100 used to be the one to try & better,we know we have bettered that at various meets,Kens record of 118 at Cosford standing since 2009,150?a new magic figure to reach,oh what a lovely dream.

May I use this post to pass on to Andy [Trikey] & his good Lady,our very sincere thanks & appreciation for all the work that was carried out on the "Vixen"a couple of weeks ago,without which,it would not have been possible to attend this weekend,cheers Guy's we can't thank you enough.

Best Regards.

Jan & John.
Old 13th April 2014, 21:43   #756
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnEnGee View Post
Thanks to everyone for making it such a successful day. Everything was perfect, the weather stayed nice and what a terrific turnout. It was great to see the dealer launch cars lined up with No 1.

Particular thanks to Patrolman Pete for good conversation - you are a real gentleman.

All the best and I hope you all got home safely.
I enjoyed chatting to you too. I was half way up the M1 when I realised I'd forgot to show you where the 8mm bolt is to replace to intercooler O rings!
patrolman pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 21:44   #757
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
What can I say, we'd hoped to make this the biggest National Meet ever to help celebrate the 15th birthday of the 75, and that's exactly what it was

We surpassed our previous attendance total of 118 cars at RAF Cosford in 2009, with a staggering 139 vehicles today - a new record.

It was a pleasure to meet and chat to members old and new, and I am personally delighted to have been able to drive car #1 into position today.

It really is immaculate, just as it would have been sitting in a showroom back in 1999. The leather still smelled new and the engine purred.

Oh, and the mileage on the clock....?

Must be the lowest mileage 75 that exists

It was in storage when I was last at Gaydon (Allegro 40th last year), so sadly I haven't seen it myself

For the Allegro 40th we were allowed the last Allegro made to be put out the front on display, but it wouldn't start (dead fuel pump) so us members of the Allegro Club had to push it from the workshop out to the grass at the front of the museum!! Ironic given the Allegro's (genuinely unfair!) reputation

P.S. Did 10001 have a driver's cupholder??
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 21:46   #758
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolin View Post
Must be the lowest mileage 75 that exists

It was in storage when I was last at Gaydon (Allegro 40th last year), so sadly I haven't seen it myself

For the Allegro 40th we were allowed the last Allegro made to be put out the front on display, but it wouldn't start (dead fuel pump) so us members of the Allegro Club had to push it from the workshop out to the grass at the front of the museum!! Ironic given the Allegro's (genuinely unfair!) reputation

It had a missing roof rail grommet Colin
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 22:31   #759
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolin View Post
Much to my surprise no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
It had a missing roof rail grommet Colin
Noticed that as well .

I'll be writing reviews for both events and editing video's during the next few days but here's a few tasters, enjoy .

Number 1

Reebs and Duotone at play with number 1.

Rob and his Gryphon award winning car
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 06:06   #760
Darkxs
Gets stuck in

Ex Rover 75 CDT Mk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner RA View Post
Thanks to Darxs, you managed to get a photo of my MGF at POL.
You're welcome Gunner As much as I love my 75 I'm loving the MGF MG TF and picking one up this week Got to admire the great designs

Einhundertsechzig
Darkxs is offline   Reply With Quote