Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd July 2010, 09:14   #791
Begiorlegi
Kingdom of Navarre

Rover 75

Ok, Tony.
1. Reinstall: I think it's only to copy and paste from my SD card to my laptop, and viceversa. Isn't so?
Well, I can't copy two folders, "default" and " save". They have chinese characters. What I have to do?

2. What are TTs voices?
I have adjusted the master and voice guidance volume to maximum.

Many thanks.
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:32   #792
lasor
Regular poster

MG ZT 160 +

I like a number of other members are hoping that somebody soon will come up with a fix for the lack of phonebook on this system...

However just thought I would mention that I currently have a nokia E72 with voice dialing that works well as an alternative at the moment. To dial I just press speak button on my phone, say the name and it dials. I also have name tags on all my numbers and when somebody rings the name is announced through the car speakers so I know who is dialing before I answer..
lasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:04   #793
Adrian H

Rover75 Wagon 2001

Default Upgrade

I also hope you hang around Sean, You've been a great help.
Also very interested in the upgrade, and second the request for phone book to be investigated.

Regards
Adrian
Adrian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:16   #794
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian H View Post
I also hope you hang around Sean, You've been a great help.
Also very interested in the upgrade, and second the request for phone book to be investigated.

Regards
Adrian
The way the inquiries have stepped up, You may well NOT be rid of me yet !
I will be around regardless,

I Would LOVE To get the Phonebook added for you follks, I Wish, I regularly put it on my wish list and regularly I am rejected. But you gave me an Idea.

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:22   #795
Adrian H

Rover75 Wagon 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
Do people find the the radio reception on these units good?

My only gripe with mine is the poor reception. My previous systems had no problem with the radio.
What unit did it replace?
Mine was the symphony unit with the 2 aerial cables coming in to the back of the unit, and though FM was OK AM was terrible.
Some I believe have replaced the amplifier with another (older?) version which only has 1 aerial cable with varying results.
I installed a very cool shark fin aerial from Sean that supplies signal for Radio, Digital TV and GPS all in 1.
Now my only issue is FM being slightly less than the old setup, but this may be because I had to put another extension on the Radio aerial as it didn't reach from the rear roof of my estate to the unit with the existing extension. Currently working through this minor problem with Sean.
Anyway, the unit itself has excellent reception so the problem will be your aerial.

Hope this helps
Regards
Adrian
Adrian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 03:27   #796
75ConSE
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE '02 Auto Saloon

Sean.

Sorry to hear you may be stopping selling the units. I have been lurking in the background hoping that someone (Tony!?!) could come up with a solution to the lack of TMC. The unit is no good to me wthout it (as is the XTRONS unit that is currently fitted), but I was ready to pounce with a sale as soon as an easy fix (external receiver?) could be found. Sadly, it doesn't look like this is the case, so I think it is out with the XTRONS which I am not happy with and back in with the Symphony. Well done for all your work. I will be watching and hoping still though......

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE
'02 Auto Saloon.
Bright and Shiny Zircon Silver. Chrome is where the heart is!
75ConSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 13:40   #797
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75ConSE View Post
Sean.

Sorry to hear you may be stopping selling the units. I have been lurking in the background hoping that someone (Tony!?!) could come up with a solution to the lack of TMC. The unit is no good to me wthout it (as is the XTRONS unit that is currently fitted), but I was ready to pounce with a sale as soon as an easy fix (external receiver?) could be found. Sadly, it doesn't look like this is the case, so I think it is out with the XTRONS which I am not happy with and back in with the Symphony. Well done for all your work. I will be watching and hoping still though......
Hi Paul, We will see if I do stop after the weekend, but again i want to clarify, If I stop selling the units it dos not mean that I won't be here, I Will still be here. Interest seems to have gone up this week.

AS for TMC, I have asked the factory to ensure that we can have ROYALTEK Chips for the next batch. If they agree , we may well move forward again and offer the TMC via the GPS like David Lawrence has. I have also "demanded" that they add Phonebooks but I don't hold out too much hope for that.

I am on the fence, but if this comes through it may open up some doors and make sense to reinvest.

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 15:17   #798
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Sean what about the new unit for the Rover 75

http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/products_view.php?VID=476

Can you obtain this?

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:00   #799
Carbootboy
Avid contributor

MG ZT

ooh, that looks nice, can you get this Sean ????
Certainly looks nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
Sean what about the new unit for the Rover 75

Can you obtain this?

Stubs
Carbootboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:05   #800
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbootboy View Post
ooh, that looks nice, can you get this Sean ????
Certainly looks nice.

Hi Guys,

We had this discussion already here.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=61789

Here are the 2 Units

They are the same as the BMW
http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/products_view.php?VID=375

Here is the Rover Link again

This was My assessment (in conjunction with Eamonn)
Big Pitfall The casing is ONE DIN

Hi Guys,
Been doing some inquiring
First the CDC does not work.
Phonebook Supposedly does Exist
RDS too
I demanded shipping within 48 hours and was told was not possible
I asked for Actual photos but they do not seem to be able to send so far which raises flags.

??????? today we sent 2 pcs to our customers. I'm sorry that i forgot to photo it.???????

I was told by my agent , after factory inquiry that these are STILL IN DEVELOPMENT STAGES. Not available. But the Seller said they could ship fast.

UPDATE AS I was writing
1. For TV and RDS, just one of them can be exist, cannot be exist at same time in the same model.
2. I dont understand what is "nowanda board"? you mean the car computer or something others?
3. We canceled the CDC because it is useless at most time.

So far, The phonebook and TMC seem to be the added features. I am not impressed with the design personally, 1 Din units are not good when you have Bluetoth and GPS And Amplifiers together. That is sort of an unwritten law in this Biz.

Don't get me wrong, we can get these also but I am not sure I would deal in them yet.

CDTi's assessment

I think the newer unit is a modified BMW system. This looks like it here: http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/products_view.php?VID=375

I don't think the PCBs could be the same due to the single din size rear so the addition of the USB port would not be possible.

IMHO, of course