Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th September 2009, 22:17   #81
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie View Post
...how would i tell if it has the harmann kardon upgrade as it has the tv sat nav etc
If it has, there would be a circular speaker in the middle of the rear parcel shelf

a large black subwoofer bolted to the inside roof of the boot

and the small tweeters in the front doors (just beside the wing mirrors) would have Harmon Kardon written in gold lettering on them.

BTW, forgot to mention Powered rear sunblind included in the neccessary spec to qualify for Wedgwood launch car

Last edited by Reebs; 8th September 2009 at 15:09..
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 23:48   #82
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Someone at the Yorks meeting had an early ish w-blue 75 that was bought by the owner of "Richardsons" (Rover dealers) of Tiverton, I seem to recall he said it was their first Rover 75 from whom he in turn bought it, but I can't remeber who the car belongs too.. sorry..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 00:31   #83
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

That would be mine, it was Richardson's launch car.

Dr Dave (One of the mods on .org) remembers the car very well he was the service manager there and until it was sold to it's first owner the following January, only he and one of the directors were allowed to go anywhere near it.

He remembers the launch very well with the car being "centre stage" and the one everyone wanted to look at.

There has been two very good owners since it left Richardson's and me aquiring it. It's been very well looked after and has a full dealer service history.

It's amazing the coincidences at meets though, another member pulled up at the last Yorkie meet in a later Wedgwood blue saloon also from Richardson's, it's a small world

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and "160", Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.

Last edited by BigRuss; 8th September 2009 at 11:01..
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 08:07   #84
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

Oh thanks my dads one doesnt have the speakers that you mentioned also it does have the rear blind and its electric
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 08:20   #85
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Quote:
Oh thanks my dads one doesnt have the speakers that you mentioned also it does have the rear blind and its electric
Any chance of a picture of the car?
Old 8th September 2009, 09:50   #86
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

i cant seem to get my pictures to work they say too large also on my profile there should be the picture thanks Thomas
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 10:19   #87
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Quote:
i cant seem to get my pictures to work they say too large also on my profile there should be the picture thanks Thomas

This is what you do.......(and forgive me if I'm telling you stuff you already know)

1) you need to up load your pictures to a website who can 'host' them for display on the internet

There are a number of options here, the 75 club has it's own section to do this:

a) Click your mouse over 'Image Gallery' in the brown strip along the top of the page and select 'upload an image'

b) on the next screen click on 'Browse' in the 'image to upload' panel, this will open up all the folders on your computer, you simply find the image you want, then hit 'host it'

c) once this is done, if you select 'Image Gallery' again from the top brown strip and select 'My Images' it will take you to a page showing what you have uploded.

d) finally, to place a picture into one of your posts, you simply move the mouse anywhere into the box marked 'BB Code IMG' and single click once, this puts the flashing cursor into that box.

e) on your keyboard, press and hold the button 'ctrl' (bottom left), and at the same time press the button 'A' to highlight the contents of that box (if done successfully, the box should turn blue)

f) Then you need to press and hold 'ctrl' again and this time also press button 'C' to copy the contents into the computers temporary memory.

g) finally, go to the post you want to add the picture to, and press & hold 'ctrl' and button 'V' on the keyboard to paste the pictures details into your post.

When you come to preview your post, or choose submit reply, the picture will appear in the post.

You can use the above process IF the picture you are using isn't too big, the club site can only handle stills that are of a certain size. The picture you sent me is way too large, so it would need to be shrunk first on your computer using a photoshop type program.

BUT method 2 will save you having to do that.........

2) Go to this site http://photobucket.com/ and sign up to generate an account ( it's totally free) by clicking Join Now

once you have entered a username and pasword, and are signed in, you are ready to upload your pictures.

a) Select My Albums from the blue strip at the top of the page.

b) find the box marked 'reduce to' and select from the drop down '800 x 600 (15" screen)'

c) then left click on 'Choose Files' in blue, and this will again open your computers files ready for you to find the picture you want to upload.

d) select the picture, then click 'open', this will upload your picture (and may take a couple of minutes as they are so big - be patient)

e) once done the screen will change to ask you to add titles and tags to the picture - I don't bother and simply select 'return to album'

f) finally you are ready to copy and paste the picture details into your club posts - find the picture you want to use, hover the mouse over it, and a box will appear, click inside the one marked 'IMG Code' at the bottom

g) on your keyboard, press and hold the button 'ctrl' (bottom left), and at the same time press the button 'A' to highlight the contents of that box (if done successfully, the box should turn blue)

h) Then you need to press and hold 'ctrl' again and this time also press button 'C' to copy the contents into the computers temporary memory.

i) finally, go to the post you want to add the picture to, and press & hold 'ctrl' and button 'V' on the keyboard to paste the pictures details into your post.

When you come to preview your post, or choose submit reply, the picture will appear in the post.

Using Photobucket means that the website does the re-sizing for you as you upload it, which the clubs image gallery does not.

Hope that helps
Old 8th September 2009, 10:44   #88
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

I think the blue one in my post in the Social Forum qualifies as a launch vehicle. Before I snapped its picture, I saw the car car coming in front of me and it had the power-wash on the lights, does not have the sunroof and neither the park assist sensors. The High-Line Sat Nav was not there (but then it was never proposed for the Middle East)...
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...43&postcount=9
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 13:56   #89
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Hiya Russ.. The car you mentioned is mine, you can see the Richardsons stickers on the left of the boot and centre bottom of the rear window. The lady I bought it from lives near Tiverton and bought the car new from them in 2002..

You didn't give the spec on your car? I would like to know exactly what year, model, etc it is.

James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 16:54   #90
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Sorry didn't realise it was yours.

Mine is a 2.5 V6 Dealer launch car,1999 all specs as described in Reebs first post on this thread, plus dealer added extra's that were fitted for it's first owner.

The Wedgwood blue launch model cars are a unique model on their own that fit somewhere between Connesseur and the SE, but have the personal line neptune leather and satnat/TV etc.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and "160", Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote