Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2019, 12:48   #11151
roverbarmy
This is my second home
 
roverbarmy's Avatar
 
1999 Cowley V6 Auto Zircon Silver

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Norfolk
Posts: 4,328
Thanks: 331
Thanked 1,132 Times in 866 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Changed the rear wheel bearing as one of the previous owners aka mr bodge couldnít be bothered to, the hub but was done up finger right,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He must have misread the instructions when it said the torque setting is "F" tight!
__________________
Oil in my veins!
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 13:01   #11152
Ched
Posted a thing or two
 
Ched's Avatar
 
MG ZT 135 derv MG ZT 190+ MG TF 135

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Romsey
Posts: 1,559
Thanks: 206
Thanked 191 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
He must have misread the instructions when it said the torque setting is "F" tight!


I nearly did myself an injury when I went to undo it thinking it was ďfĒ tight. 😂😂


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 16:48   #11153
bl52krz
Nil Desperandum
 
bl52krz's Avatar
 
Rover 75 cdt club + Rover KV6 Conni SE

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 8,709
Thanks: 3,751
Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default

Hi Dave. Looks like you are getting on quicker than me in doing the business on the car. Still waiting for a proper dry spell so I can change the rear springs over and get the waxoyling done. Should have had it earlier in the year so I could get the more important work finished. Donít mind the cold but itís this wet stuff that is the bugbear. Having said that, I am glad we are not Ďup norfí. They really are having a bad time. By the way Dave, donít forget to tap the end of the nut into the slot before you finish the bearing work. Just noticed that you have not done so.in the photo...
__________________
Great Barr, Birmingham.

Last edited by bl52krz; 12th November 2019 at 16:54..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 18:19   #11154
Ched
Posted a thing or two
 
Ched's Avatar
 
MG ZT 135 derv MG ZT 190+ MG TF 135

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Romsey
Posts: 1,559
Thanks: 206
Thanked 191 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Dave. Looks like you are getting on quicker than me in doing the business on the car. Still waiting for a proper dry spell so I can change the rear springs over and get the waxoyling done. Should have had it earlier in the year so I could get the more important work finished. Donít mind the cold but itís this wet stuff that is the bugbear. Having said that, I am glad we are not Ďup norfí. They really are having a bad time. By the way Dave, donít forget to tap the end of the nut into the slot before you finish the bearing work. Just noticed that you have not done so.in the photo...
Hi Dave, the weather was beautiful this morning so I thought Iíd get it done as Iím off to work tonight, a very straightforward job that took about an hour, I did wonder if anyone would spot the nut not peened 😂, good spot Dave and thanks.
I did it just after Iíd torqued it up,

I hope there are no more jobs to do over the winter months as itís no fun working out in this weather.

I hope all is well with you mate.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 18:26   #11155
bl52krz
Nil Desperandum
 
bl52krz's Avatar
 
Rover 75 cdt club + Rover KV6 Conni SE

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 8,709
Thanks: 3,751
Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Hi Dave, the weather was beautiful this morning so I thought I’d get it done as I’m off to work tonight, a very straightforward job that took about an hour, I did wonder if anyone would spot the nut not peened ��, good spot Dave and thanks.
I did it just after I’d torqued it up,

I hope there are no more jobs to do over the winter months as it’s no fun working out in this weather.

I hope all is well with you mate.
Just a quick question..... what make was the bearing? Everything going ok at the moment Dave.
__________________
Great Barr, Birmingham.

Last edited by bl52krz; 12th November 2019 at 18:29..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 18:50   #11156
Ched
Posted a thing or two
 
Ched's Avatar
 
MG ZT 135 derv MG ZT 190+ MG TF 135

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Romsey
Posts: 1,559
Thanks: 206
Thanked 191 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Just a quick question..... what make was the bearing? Everything going ok at the moment Dave.
Itís an original jobby from dmgrs, make, time etc stamped on it so hopefully all good.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ched For This Useful Post:
Old 12th November 2019, 21:21   #11157
sewerman
Loves to post
 
Rover 75 Tourer CDT & MG ZT+ CDTi

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 324
Thanks: 77
Thanked 105 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Bulb warning light came on the way to work, checked on carpark n/s dipped beam. Got to work and took the covers off tried to press the retaining spring in (reflectors) no joy just a sore finger.

Got home and tried again used a screwdriver to get more leverage and popped one of the ball joints but no joy with the spring.

Swapped the cars over so will be in the ZT till I can get the bumper off the weekend, not driving on the motorway with only 1 headlight when I don't have too.

May look at fitting the halogen projectors instead at least their twist in!
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 22:28   #11158
Pueblo_Boy
Avid contributor
 
Pueblo_Boy's Avatar
 
Rover 75 Tourer

Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Sauchie
Posts: 197
Thanks: 33
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Default

I'm still swapping emails with different people every time at AutoDoc, trying to get the bearing I ordered. Getting nowhere fast, looks like I will need to get a solicitor involved if I want satisfaction.

Should've heeded the warnings that they would send an inferior part! Ched di the sensible thing and bought a genuine part - is it SNR bearings??
__________________
24,658th 75 Tourer made, out of 27,407
136th Tourer CDT Contemporary SE (135hp) out of 364
194th 75 Tourer in Firefrost Red out of 518 Firefrost Red 75 Tourers
Interior Trim Sports PPH Black
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2019, 00:14   #11159
Ched
Posted a thing or two
 
Ched's Avatar
 
MG ZT 135 derv MG ZT 190+ MG TF 135

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Romsey
Posts: 1,559
Thanks: 206
Thanked 191 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy View Post
I'm still swapping emails with different people every time at AutoDoc, trying to get the bearing I ordered. Getting nowhere fast, looks like I will need to get a solicitor involved if I want satisfaction.

Should've heeded the warnings that they would send an inferior part! Ched di the sensible thing and bought a genuine part - is it SNR bearings??
Itís the same as what was fitted at the factory 😉
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2019, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd