Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th November 2016, 11:00   #21
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
Have to agree with Colvert on this,
I have registered three cars here and the longest one took was 4 weeks start to finish.
Get ALL the paper work in order and copy every thing and there is not a problem.

Regarding the insurance I cant understand how many English people insist on driving English plated cars over here when they are permanently living here.

I would like to see how there Insurance French or English stands up in the event of an accident.

When I was doing my transfers I was regulary asked by my French Insurance Company how the transfer was going, And to let them know asap when it was completed.
The person who wanted all this information is----Plezier------However, no matter how hard I try he just never seems to read my posts to him--

As I'm not a paid up member I can't PM him.

If you could give it a try that would be most helpful.--

Plezier posts a lot on other parts of the forum and I've put replies in his posts BUT he never seems to read them. Once he has posted something he flies off elsewhere. He is like the pimpernel.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 11:22   #22
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
The person who wanted all this information is----Plezier------However, no matter how hard I try he just never seems to read my posts to him--

As I'm not a paid up member I can't PM him.

If you could give it a try that would be most helpful.--

Plezier posts a lot on other parts of the forum and I've put replies in his posts BUT he never seems to read them. Once he has posted something he flies off elsewhere. He is like the pimpernel.----
Perhaps he's got you on his 'ignore list' for some reason or other?
Old 29th November 2016, 16:13   #23
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

There is no reason for that.--

He wants to live in France so I've posted lots of information to help him...

He's not answered to other peoples helpful posts either.

Please, if you would be so kind. to PM him and tell him there are folks trying to help him with lots of info.--

You would be helping Plezier, not me.---Thank you.

Last edited by COLVERT; 1st December 2016 at 16:38..
Old 29th November 2016, 16:39   #24
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Lots of friendly places here in France to get lessons in French.

Last edited by COLVERT; 11th December 2016 at 21:40..
Old 29th November 2016, 18:30   #25
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

[QUOTE=COLVERT;2407723][COLOR=blue]
[COLOR=#I wouldn't ask Flyer cos he is no good to anyone. ( ask his neighbours.--Quack Quack...
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 18:38   #26
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Have you two kissed & made up sincerely hope so
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 09:51   #27
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Sorry if people have been thinking that I am ignoring them ............................. that is not the case. The nephew it seems suggested we look at Spain so a little time was spent checking things out and she is now looking at France again.

Due to issues with the solicitor not doing as instructed it looks like it will be mid January before anything happens now on this relocation. Once we get a firm date a flying trip over to view a few places to rent will have to be made the plan then is to rent for atleast 6 months whilst we look around and get a feel of the area before looking for somwhere to buy.

This in itself throws up the first insurance issue as we will no longer have a UK addriess which is required by our UK insurance although we will still own a couple of acres there is no building on it. So we shall need to sort out insurance in France sooner rather than later.

My CDT being 2002 registered has the CoC printed in the handbook so that should sort out one issue. Our French being very poor we will need to find someonw to help us through this but I am sure that this is possible. Registering a car in France it seems is far easier that doing so in Spain.

In the mean time we have been getting rid of stuff that we no longer need and trying to work out what I am can do in France to earn a crust long term. We will enough money to li on for a few years but I will have to earn some money somehow but we have time to work this out. One thing I am considering is an online shop as we have loads of engineering tools so have stock of those add a few smaller MGF parts and some sport optics. I might also see if there is a call for the servo brace I made for my 75th Anniversary MGF that retains the original heater intake box rather than replacing it with the later TF snorkle.

BTW I have sourced a pair of LHD headlights for the CDT which will be shipped to us once we are in France add those to the KMH intrument set I got from Rimmers that should make the French test easier and alos help avoid any speeding fines. I have driven in France many times in the past and also in Spain when working there back in the 90's however if we relocate permanantly then we will get a LHD drive at some point. Checked that my driving licence does not expire for a few more years as well.

Until we get settled there is only so much we can do.

Out of interest where does one find this CoC number on the V5C after looking I did not notice it .
Old 30th November 2016, 11:59   #28
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plezier View Post
Sorry if people have been thinking that I am ignoring them ............................. that is not the case. The nephew it seems suggested we look at Spain so a little time was spent checking things out and she is now looking at France again.

Due to issues with the solicitor not doing as instructed it looks like it will be mid January before anything happens now on this relocation. Once we get a firm date a flying trip over to view a few places to rent will have to be made the plan then is to rent for atleast 6 months whilst we look around and get a feel of the area before looking for somwhere to buy.

This in itself throws up the first insurance issue as we will no longer have a UK addriess which is required by our UK insurance although we will still own a couple of acres there is no building on it. So we shall need to sort out insurance in France sooner rather than later.

My CDT being 2002 registered has the CoC printed in the handbook so that should sort out one issue. Our French being very poor we will need to find someonw to help us through this but I am sure that this is possible. Registering a car in France it seems is far easier that doing so in Spain.

In the mean time we have been getting rid of stuff that we no longer need and trying to work out what I am can do in France to earn a crust long term. We will enough money to li on for a few years but I will have to earn some money somehow but we have time to work this out. One thing I am considering is an online shop as we have loads of engineering tools so have stock of those add a few smaller MGF parts and some sport optics. I might also see if there is a call for the servo brace I made for my 75th Anniversary MGF that retains the original heater intake box rather than replacing it with the later TF snorkle.

BTW I have sourced a pair of LHD headlights for the CDT which will be shipped to us once we are in France add those to the KMH intrument set I got from Rimmers that should make the French test easier and alos help avoid any speeding fines. I have driven in France many times in the past and also in Spain when working there back in the 90's however if we relocate permanantly then we will get a LHD drive at some point. Checked that my driving licence does not expire for a few more years as well.

Until we get settled there is only so much we can do.

Out of interest where does one find this CoC number on the V5C after looking I did not notice it .
The CoC printed in the Hand Book I think you will find only relates to the Radio

The CoC on the V5 is half way down section K and begins If I remember with Eu and then a load of numbers

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"

Last edited by Number 6; 30th November 2016 at 12:26..
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 12:20   #29
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Hmmmm on the CDT's V5C it has a type approval number beginning with e11 but the brand new V5C for the 2.5 Connie does not have it at all. Talk about confusicating .
Old 30th November 2016, 17:21   #30
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

-------------------------------------

Try and ignore the two people trying to disrupt this important thread with unrelated posts.--

"Harassment".

Only one now as one of them has been permanently banned.

Last edited by COLVERT; 24th January 2017 at 14:08..