Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st September 2009, 17:28   #41
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

That's a nice old thing mind Alan well done

Regards Col
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 17:52   #42
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Not sure yet Dave a (nominal) offer was made and accepted - but it may be waived - we don't know that though - we'll know soon enough though. Either way it was "chicken feed" price!

(not that I know the cost of chicken feed these days!! )
Funnily enough I do [see my profile]

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 18:44   #43
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Thanks for all the comments! I´ve paid a deposit and will probably pick it up at the weekend. Its about a 3 to 4 hour drive from here, one way. So will make a day of it. It seems to be very well cared for. The mats at the front look like IKEA. (didn´t want to mess up the originals probably) The switches and things I will leave alone - keep it as original as pos. Funny, the one the back door is wood but not on the passenger front door . -Kalle- wasn´t at home so I won´t get the reg nr till later. Will post it up as soon as I get it:lol: Alan
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 19:35   #44
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Hi there from the pics it looks more like Arden green than BRG, but may just be the light, it looks lovely :lol:
Old 1st September 2009, 20:10   #45
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Thanks for all the comments! I´ve paid a deposit and will probably pick it up at the weekend. Its about a 3 to 4 hour drive from here, one way. So will make a day of it. It seems to be very well cared for. The mats at the front look like IKEA. (didn´t want to mess up the originals probably) The switches and things I will leave alone - keep it as original as pos. Funny, the one the back door is wood but not on the passenger front door . -Kalle- wasn´t at home so I won´t get the reg nr till later. Will post it up as soon as I get it:lol: Alan
Hi Alan,

It is a lovely looking thing and the chassis number means it becomes the oldest car in the club. Congratulations!:lol:

However, the passenger door window switch and the airbag cover do raise a question and I hesitated whether to raise this point or not?

The airbag cover looks like the later plastic version and I wondered whether, with the door switch as well, there has maybe been a front impact at some point and the airbag deployed and the door was damaged?

When the repair was done they maybe couldn't source the walnut dash kit or the original real wood airbag cover? I noticed the light switch, centre console and rear window switches are all covered. Is the driver's door window switch still walnut?

Just a thought and I hope I'm wrong

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 21:06   #46
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

This is great news - from initially believing we had found the oldest surviving example we now seem to have the earliest one overall along with the earliest RHD model.

Beers all round I reckon!

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 21:23   #47
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post
Hi Alan,

It is a lovely looking thing and the chassis number means it becomes the oldest car in the club. Congratulations!:lol:

However, the passenger door window switch and the airbag cover do raise a question and I hesitated whether to raise this point or not?

The airbag cover looks like the later plastic version and I wondered whether, with the door switch as well, there has maybe been a front impact at some point and the airbag deployed and the door was damaged?

When the repair was done they maybe couldn't source the walnut dash kit or the original real wood airbag cover? I noticed the light switch, centre console and rear window switches are all covered. Is the driver's door window switch still walnut?

Just a thought and I hope I'm wrong

Derek

Thanks for the observations. Could well be as you say, the air bag logo looks like the one on my 2005. If it has been repaired then maybe they thought that they could go the whole hog and put in the sat nav as well. Don´t think it has happened since beeing imported, I´m sure the owner would have said. Probably happened in the UK. Will try and find out the whole history. Cars have history just like anything else. All the incidents go to make up the car as an -individual- so if it has had a prange then it doesn´t distract from the whole. The uninteresting cars are usually the ones with 5 miles on the clock and a life in a museum! I will post up what I can find out Alan
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 22:36   #48
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post

Thanks for the pictures Lewis, did any of you buy any bits from them? I just wondered if they are greedy profitiers, or might accept reasonable offers.

Also, were you able to crawl all over the cars there, or like the scrappy near me, do they remove the wanted items and present them to you not allowing you to get near the car?
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 22:41   #49
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Thanks for the pictures Lewis, did any of you buy any bits from them? I just wondered if they are greedy profitiers, or might accept reasonable offers.

Also, were you able to crawl all over the cars there, or like the scrappy near me, do they remove the wanted items and present them to you not allowing you to get near the car?
You Crawl over it like the good old days! I think they would be quite cheap. The back seat cushion was missing though as someone had already bought it.
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 22:46   #50
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
You Crawl over it like the good old days! I think they would be quite cheap. The back seat cushion was missing though as someone had already bought it.
That sounds brilliant, just wanted to check, is the car to be found here?

http://www.hoppersautobreakers.co.uk/
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote