Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd December 2009, 04:53   #11
StevieB
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Hi Egremont!

Well I've moved to the east of Melbourne and am going to contact the Rover Club which is in Hawthorn I believe, so a lot closer than I was. Have checked out their website.

It was fun the other day to be sitting at the lights when a green TF waved to us as he went through.

We need to stick together from the yet to be converted!! lol

Have a great Christmas!

Stevieb
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:03   #12
ianwilks
Regular poster

Conn 2001 2.5 BRG-M3

For interest... There seems to be a fair number in Adelaide as my service centre claims about 2 a week too. Clean well serviced v6 2.5 Conns (as most are) still hold reasonable resale pricing ranging from $13k (2001) to mid $20k (for 04/05).

I too enjoy driving the rover (wife's car actually) and it has provided excellent service at quite reasonable cost considering the array of electronics and degree of comfort etc.

Lacking pickup in the city (unless pushed) but becomes a different (most enjoyable) car on the highway with excellent long legs (for passing) and good higher speed staying power, although the economy does suffer compared to similar sized comfort cars.

We were considering selling it but have decided there is nothing 'out there' that really replaces it unless we hand over a fist full of dollars, so we are content to keep it for a few more years yet and fingers crossed, nothing major happens.

Season's Greetings to all and we (wife and I) trust you all have a Happy, Healthy and Safe New Year.
:xmas-smiley-009:
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:27   #13
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default You will be most welcome.

Hi StevieB,

You will be most welcome to join the local club. Models range from a 1905 Rover through to our 75 / ZT vehicles. Membership of the RCCA is around 250 members - includes metropolitan and country / interstate members. It is a very friendly family club, has a diverse parts stockpile for members and functions that cater for families as well as us fanatics.
I have not looked at the clubs website, but you may be interested in these forthcoming events -
Sunday, 31st. January, 2010: Breakfast BBQ at Bellbird Park, Yarra Bend Park off the Yarra Boulevard, Kew. Time 9.00 am or earlier.

Sunday, 7th February, 2010: Ride A Rover Day and New Members Day. Held at the Clayton Campus of Monash University. Starts at 10.00 am. If interested in attending please contact David Williamson ph. 9738 2927

Friday, 12th. February, 2010: Traditional BBQ followed by the (first of year) Monthly Meeting at our "club rooms" - Uniting Church Hall, Hepburn Street, Hawthorn (Melways Directory Ref. 45 F11). BBQ commences at 7 pm. followed by our meeting at 8 pm and guest speaker.

Sunday, 14th. February, 2010: The 23rd. Annual Picnic at Hanging Rock.
This is a multi marque event, and RCCA members travel in convoy so members cars can be parked together.

Sunday, 28th. February, 2010: Classic Showcase, Flemington Racecourse, Members' Carpark (for other viewers this is where our Melbourne Cup race for thouroughbreds is held each November). There will be a large contingent of British and European marques on display. Includes old British marques that are no longer in production.

Friday, 12th. March, 2010: Club Meeting. Guest speaker will make a presentation on "painless dent removal" - said to be cost effective.

If you would like to join and I hope you do, may I suggest you phone our Membership Secretary, Bruce Moyle for further details - his phone number is (03) 9568 7806. Bruce also has a Rover 75.

I live in Camberwell, another eastern suburb of Melbourne and am only a hop step and jump from the club's meeting rooms.

I have been trying to get orders for a production run of chrome door finisher kits - ladies dress rings seem to scratch the paint work behind the door handles. We have MG ZT's as well as 75's in the club.

We hosted the Rover clubs 2008 National Rove and the next years is being hosted by the South Australian club. They have organised a good itinery and also an "After Rove" tour. If it is only half as good as the 2008 one it will be magnificent, but I expect them to host an even better get together.
You may be able to register if you hurry.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards and happy ZTing,

Bruce.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:49   #14
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default Courier 118

I hope you enjoyed your holiday in Melbourne.
What a pity you didn't have time to contact the local club - our contact phone number is [ (03) 9738 2927]. Should you be revisiting again you can get our number from the local phone directory.

But I shouldn't castigate you, as my wife and I toured the UK in 2007 and being on the move was not able to contact any Rover owners - and then I was unaware of the 75 / ZT's existence.

Will you nae come back again?

Cheers, and every best wish for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Egremont.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 02:56   #15
Zetrox2k

MG ZT190

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
Have seen a green ZT parked near VIC Market and followed one off the Westgate Bridge towards Williamstown once, and a Black one in Point Cook Road who waved but haven't seen many more. Even the 75's are pretty rare.

Let's stick together gang!
hahaha stevieb I've got a feeling that was me who waved at you! Living in Melbourne was in craigieburn now in pascoe vale.
Zetrox2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 04:35   #16
StevieB
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Well glad you did wave! was starting to feel a right dork with no one waving back !! lol. Have moved now myself from the west to the east of the city, and Montrose (Mt Dandenong).
Old 19th January 2010, 09:04   #17
Malcolmr
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

There's about four ZTs in Canberra plus several 75s. We have two of the ZTs at the moment but one is currently for sale - her car!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZT 260-home at last 1.jpg (84.5 KB, 8 views)
Malcolmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 02:00   #18
StevieB
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

VERY nice! More photos of our cars Aussies!!!!
Old 28th January 2010, 02:03   #19
Roger1
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.5 Tourer; 2022 MG HS; 2021 MG ZST

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
Close .... A fuel bowser on the towbar, heaps of water and vegemite sarnies, ya dag!
Better pack ya bathers and practice ya Aussie salute for the blowies!!
I think you mean MG stands for Marmite's Good.

(Actually I can't stand the stuff - give me Vegemite any day!)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Roger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 11:57   #20
The_Kman
Regular poster

Rover 75

I hope to become one of the melbourne rover 75 owners, infact i thought i was going to be today. A green Rover caught my eye at a dealership in kew a few weeks ago.

Keep pondering if i should have a closer look (was not really in need of a new car). Decided to go look at it again, just incase in was lust but second look only boosted my desire for it. To the point the guy said, jump in and have a feel. I refused becuase i knew i would be signing documents that day and couldnt justify the cash for it.

Slowly over a week or two i convinced myself i really do need a new car, and that is probably the one for me (3yr umlimited km warranty was the thing that put me at ease with buying a rarer car with limited availability of parts). I walk in today with a pocket full of cash, a mechanics number ready to dial, and a heart full of hope.......

Been sold.

So now im on the look out to buy one. Anyone know of one going at a good price? What should i be looking for problem and fault wise if im to buy privately?

Is getting them serviced, work done, parts etc in melb a big issue or manageable?

Thanks for any input, and great forum you guys got here. Excellent reading for a car moron with a dream.
The_Kman is offline   Reply With Quote