Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th May 2010, 18:03   #21
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kman View Post
Got a Raven Black 2001 Connie, its a great car.

Need to get a road worthy done on it this week, should be fine, just getting a licence plate light error, and doesnt seem to be the globe, so guess i best start tracing back, maybe there has been some corrosion or someone has snipped/pinched a wire somewhere. Hopefully its something simple.
Hi Kman and well done on getting your vehicle. You have obviously been patient.

Try scraping any visible corrosion off the lamp holder in the licence plate light. They are a common problem. Sometimes a clean with an abrasive will remove the surface rust which prevents the electrical circuit from completing.

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 13:36   #22
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default Congratulations on your Connie.

Well done The Kman!
I bet you had an exciting time driving the 1,000 kms plus back from Newcastle - with frequent comparison to your former set of wheels.
Remember, no one ever regretted buying quality.
If you don't already have a PayPal account, you must get one. Sadly the price of some landed parts can be as little as 40% of the Oz retail price.

I use Zagames Autos to service my car - they have (so I am told) the latest 2009 updates for their T4 diagnostics.

Our local club, the Rover Car Club of Australia Inc. will hold their next meeting this coming Friday - 14th. May. Our club caters for all models, and has a membership of 240. We have a number of Rover 75 in the club and some MG ZT's. Should anyone else be in the vicinity of Hawthorn on Friday, they will be most welcome to attend.

The guest speaker at our forthcoming meeting will talk about his experiences on a Lancaster bomber during WWII.

The club is organizing a club run of the following Sunday, 16th. May. You would be most welcome to join in if you are interested, but numbers are required asap for the caterers.

Incidentally, to the best of my knowledge, MG Rover Australia only imported the 2.5 litre KV6 models. I did hear from the visiting Kiwis attending our National Rove 2010 that some of their 75's are powered by the smaller engines.

I look forward to catching up with you, hopefully that will be soon.
Meanwhile, I wish you all the best.
Regards,

egremont
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 14:01   #23
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default Here's an addendum

It is me again. Sorry for not covering your question regarding "durable" parts.

Our local club has a Spare Parts Manager and holds a large quantity of parts. But as yet, I don't think they hold that much stock for our model.

As an example of parts costs, I know one member recently imported a set of NGK spark plugs (they are platinum PFR6N) for an all up landed cost of $67.94 - $11.32 each. The retail price here is, I think some $26.00 (say $156.00 per set of six).

Regards,
egremont.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 09:54   #24
The_Kman
Regular poster

Rover 75

Im well aquanted with PayPal, and not always on the best terms either. I have/sometimes still do alot of selling on ebay. PayPal are a blessing when they want to be, but a curse when they decide to be. I currently have $330 in an account that has been locked, because they want to see receipts and proof of purchase for things i was selling. Broken, damaged or repaired computer components.... arhhhh you dont really buy them from a "supplier" paypal, so how can i give you name and contact details of said supplier? 5 weeks, and no response to that question.

I like to think if there is one thing i did learn doing a bach of IT, is that retail is the price other people pay I ship everything in, if its going to be a fair reduction in price.

Im already thinking ahead on how to prepare for worst case scenario, is it possible to import a car buy container from UK to AUS? Just fill the thing up with spares, sell some off here and there. But just wonder what the import laws and tarrifs and tax man would have to say of that idea.

Currently in discussion with another member who is wreacking his 75 in UK, im picking up some of the more obsure parts i would not find here to get mine up to scratch.

Oh yeah, and the letter in the mail box had some good news, the mint condition sandstone and walnut steering wheel i ordered will be in my hands tomorrow.

Not sure if i will be able to make Friday, a very close friend of mine just got back from a long trip overseas, and its her birthday to boot, so the car might be tucked into bed early so i can have a bit of a drink. I would be around that area around 4-6 or so i would say, as i just work not far away.

I would prefer to show it off when its in a state im happy with

Although i gave it a clean (which brought to my attention how noticeable a tiny scratch is on black) its in a bit of a temperary sad state. One door trim off, need more clips, rear interior light has been pulled out, broken clip aswell, original carpet looks good, mats ontop show the wear. But have ordered charcoal mats that should be here this week too........ my spending is starting to get habitual....... do i really need to by a headlight cleaning product??
The_Kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 02:54   #25
StevieB
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Talking

CONGRATULATIONS KMAN!!!!

Well done! Your ears must have been burning as I was thinking we hadn't heard how you had got on only the other day.

Welcome to the family and I know you'll get heaps from the Rover Club and that's what it's all about.

I agree with egremont that Zagame's is probably the best for your needs - and they were a MGRover dealer so know the cars well.

Glad you took the time - and as Egremont sez - "No one regrets buying quality".

Toot if ya see me around town!

StevieB
Old 11th May 2010, 05:06   #26
The_Kman
Regular poster

Rover 75

Yikes, first experience with zagames, rang parts dept for some doorclips as I have a roadworthy tomorrow. Told they are $7.40 a clip. Damn, consider there is maybe 15 missing through out the car from what I can tell.

Lucky I order 25 from the uk on Monday. Won't help with roadworthy inspection, but $5-6 for 25 is alot better than $7 each.

So looks like alot of forsight might be required to keep this car up and on the road. So when a mechanic says "I'll have to order.." I can cut them off and say "got it".

No one in melb has a few spare clips per chance?
Old 11th May 2010, 05:13   #27
StevieB
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

God love ebay. There are always things there to help us out. Sounds like you're on the right track that way.
Old 11th May 2010, 07:15   #28
OZ260

MGZT260

Default Servicing R75 in Melbourne

I live in Melbourne and get my ZT 260 serviced at Pickards. They have the T4 diagnostics for the R75/ZT. I previously owned a facelift R75 Connie which I bought new from Zagames and had it serviced there. I prefer Pickards, not much cheaper but they are IMHO more personable and interested in the cars.
OZ260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 03:13   #29
StevieB
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Thumbs up

Great Feedback on Pickards! I've seen their service ute around but haven't used either Zagames nor Pickards so far so can't advise Kman.

This is great feedback all!
Old 21st June 2010, 22:33   #30
The_Kman
Regular poster

Rover 75

is there a VIS tester that can be used in Australia?

Just trying to get everything checked. Just serviced it, oil, oil filter, platinum plugs, new fluids etc.

Cleaned out the drainage sections, cleaned up the oil/gunk from inside the throttle body, broke a couple of the very snappable hoses in the process.

Anything else i should have looked at while im at it??