Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st March 2011, 13:25   #1
ceb
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 Club SE Auto 2001 (X)

Default Oh happy day!

Yes, it's that time of the year again, Mr MOT knocking on the door!

Took it in to have some new disc's & pad's on the rear and new (MG) bushes on the front, also had them fit some Iridium plugs as I got them at the same price as the 'normal' platinum ones so worth a try I thought, then in to the MOT bay

Result - Pass - Advisory on the front tyre's (wear) and slight corrosion of the front to back pipes, other then that - nothing.

I have had all sorts of cars over the past 30 years since I passed my test, but I am d*** sure there can't been many 10 year old saloon's that drive as well and as 'luxuriously' as the 75 and would still sail through the MOT.

What a beauty - off to fill her up with some beluga caviar now as can't afford petrol

Thanks to Rover, thanks to my 75, thanks to Chelmsford Rover, thanks to you guy's and gal's for all the help and advice and yar boo sucks to the petrol companies
ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 13:38   #2
Jezzer 1
I really should get out more.......

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post

Took it in to have some new disc's & pad's on the rear and new (MG) bushes on the front, also had them fit some Iridium plugs as I got them at the same price as the 'normal' platinum ones so worth a try I thought, then in to the MOT bay

Result - Pass - Advisory on the front tyre's (wear) and slight corrosion of the front to back pipes, other then that - nothing.

I have had all sorts of cars over the past 30 years since I passed my test, but I am d*** sure there can't been many 10 year old saloon's that drive as well and as 'luxuriously' as the 75 and would still sail through the MOT.

What a beauty - off to fill her up with some beluga caviar now as can't afford petrol

Thanks to Rover, thanks to my 75, thanks to Chelmsford Rover, thanks to you guy's and gal's for all the help and advice and yar boo sucks to the petrol companies

Ooh - you do sound a happy bunny
Old 1st March 2011, 15:14   #3
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

Default Mot

Took mine in yesterday, place I have been using for over ten years. Guy looked over the car and pointed out a few advisory things (corrosion on subframe, hanbrake needs adjustment) and was generally happy to give it a ticket.

Whilst there a family were waiting behind to have an old Renault 11 re-tested. They were looking at the car and the father asked about the cost of running it, insurance etc. When I told him how much I paid for it and I was getting good fuel economy his face was a picture!
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 15:22   #4
philjudo
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 CDTI Saloon Club SE

Took mine last week, No advisories, Total cost £34-00 for MOT. Bargain.
Old 1st March 2011, 15:57   #5
ceb
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 Club SE Auto 2001 (X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer 1 View Post
Ooh - you do sound a happy bunny

Happy - I could crush a grape...... in fact I'm so chuffed I might even let the misses drive it to work tomorrow (before here insurance goes up)
ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 17:42   #6
johnc54
Avid contributor

No Rover at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjudo View Post
Took mine last week, No advisories, Total cost £34-00 for MOT. Bargain.
Took mine 2 weeks ago. Sailed through, no advisories and cost £30! an even better bargain!!

John
johnc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 18:14   #7
Z T Top
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ SE 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post

Moodyblue had her MOT this morning too and passed but with the same advisories on the front to back brake pipes? Must be an age thing
Old 1st March 2011, 19:36   #8
philjudo
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 CDTI Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc54 View Post
Took mine 2 weeks ago. Sailed through, no advisories and cost £30! an even better bargain!!

John
Everthing is cheaper in the sticks.
Old 1st March 2011, 19:43   #9
johnc54
Avid contributor

No Rover at the moment

Apart from fuel!
johnc54 is offline   Reply With Quote