Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Members Own Spares For Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th November 2019, 19:09   #1
YHT
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Replacement Keys

Thanks to cb750chris who cut, programs and tested 2 new keys for my project R75 estate that came with only 1 that would only open the lock with the key and start the engine. It was V tatty and one the verge of expiring. It "pd" with rain some of the time; looking through the threads looks like all R75 interventions bring on rain! YHT
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2020, 13:01   #2
thespian69

Rover 75 Tourer

Thumbs up spare key

Quote:
Originally Posted by YHT View Post
Thanks to cb750chris who cut, p[programs and tested 2 new keys for my project R75 estate that came with only 1 that would only open the lock with the key and start the engine. It was V tatty and one the verge of expiring. It "pd" with rain some of the time; looking through the threads looks like all R75 interventions bring on rain! YHT
I'd like to add my thanks to Chris down in Fareham who, on Tuesday evening, programmed my spare key by adding the immobiliser transponder, and then (because he cares ... & he's an enthusiast) cleaned out the plenum chamber, gave me some valuable hints on pollen filter renewal, assessed that the car had probably had a new clutch at some point in its life before I acquired it (at auction, so nobody to ask), recommended anti-chafe procedures for pipes under the bonnet, and sorted out my cruise control which hasn't worked since I bought it .... I got 50mpg up the A3 on the way home! Thanks Chris
thespian69 is offline   Reply With Quote