Notices

Old 24th October 2018, 17:16   #142531
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Just spent most of the afternoon in Eye Outpatients Casualty at the local hospital. My mate (a farmer) has been having problems for about 10 days with his left eye swelling up, so he called in the opticians whilst at the mart, to ask of they could give him some eye drops. The optician had a quick look - and said "oh my gawd - you've got a lump of metal embedded inside your eyelid, which is scratching your eye every time you blink - get to A&E - QUICK!"
As he was warned not to drive, i stepped into the breech and took him. Three hours later, they'd removed the iron bit and sent him home. The hospital's parting shot was "when the anaesthetic eye drops wear off - it will HURT. Suggest you have some Paracetamol handy - or perhaps a decent malt (to drink, not to bathe the eye with!!)"
I know that feeling, and it DOES hurt, very badly, been done, and got t shirt.
Old 24th October 2018, 18:32   #142532
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I know that feeling, and it DOES hurt, very badly, been done, and got t shirt.

Same here, the guys and girls at Sunderland eye infirmary had to cut my eyeball with a scalpel to remove a piece of metal.

Its horrible not being able to close your eyes while they were doing it!!
Old 24th October 2018, 20:13   #142533
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Same here, the guys and girls at Sunderland eye infirmary had to cut my eyeball with a scalpel to remove a piece of metal.

Its horrible not being able to close your eyes while they were doing it!!
A ghastly experience for you Andy and very unpleasant. One of the eyeball procedures we had to use when I worked in casualty was to use a magnet to try and pull the metal from the back of the eye. But as long as they got it out and your vision is okay, that is what matters most. Sorry to see you have been in the wars.

Some good news to cheer you I had the scans this evening and I have been given a reprieve for another year. All the aneurysms have grown, but they are still not in the dangerous zone. I think that is good news worth sharing.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 20:17   #142534
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
A ghastly experience for you Andy and very unpleasant. One of the eyeball procedures we had to use when I worked in casualty was to use a magnet to try and pull the metal from the back of the eye. But as long as they got it out and your vision is okay, that is what matters most. Sorry to see you have been in the wars.

Some good news to cheer you I had the scans this evening and I have been given a reprieve for another year. All the aneurysms have grown, but they are still not in the dangerous zone. I think that is good news worth sharing.
That's good news Phil Glad to hear mate, my eye issue was years ago, it still freaks me out when I think of it though.

Todays issue is back pain, sat at my desk too long this morning, when I got up something clicked and now im on painkillers the pain is either in my lower back or my leg.
Old 24th October 2018, 20:21   #142535
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
That's good news Phil Glad to hear mate, my eye issue was years ago, it still freaks me out when I think of it though.

Todays issue is back pain, sat at my desk too long this morning, when I got up something clicked and now im on painkillers the pain is either in my lower back or my leg.

Evening Andy... I sympathise with you, am rattling like a smarty tube at mo due to similar issues

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 20:44   #142536
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Evening Andy... I sympathise with you, am rattling like a smarty tube at mo due to similar issues
Its not good mate, I cant get comfortable, hoping it is better by the weekend so I can get the head gasket job finished.
Old 24th October 2018, 21:12   #142537
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Its not good mate, I cant get comfortable, hoping it is better by the weekend so I can get the head gasket job finished.

Ended up crashing out on the settee last night as i could only get comfi'ish semi propped up Would pop over to lend a hand but working all over the weekend unfortunately.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 21:53   #142538
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:

I crushed two fingers of my right hand in the jamb( hinge area) of the wrought iron gate at the side of the house,in 2006: I still feel the agony each time I think about it. As for the back pain, that’s just old age mate. It’s what happens when you move into your 50s I am the same. Ow, aches start at back of my neck, shoulders wrists lower back, knees , back of calves,and ankles
Old 25th October 2018, 06:49   #142539
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Morning all, dull and grey this morning, preparing for the cold snap this weekend and next week.
Typical when I need to remove the car bumper,and take it to get repaired and painted.
Old 25th October 2018, 06:55   #142540
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, dark grey and dank out there.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote